Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random rant

Options
  • 09-05-2013 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

My science teacher gave us papers 2012-2006 + 2 sample papers for homework, I only have the weekend to do it, HOW THE HELL DOES HE EXPECT ME TO DO THAT o.0. Looks like i'm doing an all nighter ... >.<

/Rant Over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I see the "Muscle Memory" method is thriving indeed. Tell the fool he's supposed to be teaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

jimgoose wrote: »
    I see the "Muscle Memory" method is thriving indeed. Tell the fool he's supposed to be teaching.
    He's an excellent teacher, it's just when it comes to homework and exams, he goes God Mode. He's giving us another "mock" the week before the last week of school. XD

He's an excellent teacher, it's just when it comes to homework and exams, he goes God Mode. He's giving us another "mock" the week before the last week of school. XD

Mmm. Maybe so. It's just that when I was a youngfella that kind of thing made my eyes glaze over and drove me out of the house climbing trees for the weekend. The Lord help me, I'm just not that bright. :D

While we're on the subject, how many hours are kids today expected to put in to homework in the evenings/weekends?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

My science teacher gave us papers 2012-2006 + 2 sample papers for homework, I only have the weekend to do it, HOW THE HELL DOES HE EXPECT ME TO DO THAT o.0. Looks like i'm doing an all nighter ... >.<

/Rant Over

That is not enough
    Go to him tomorrow and tell him to give you more and more
    Tell him that you will do the homework twice
    and see what he says

• Advertisement

That is not enough
    Go to him tomorrow and tell him to give you more and more
    Tell him that you will do the homework twice
    and see what he says
    Sure, i'll do it twice after I see him getting 100% on one of the papers ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

My school says to study at least 3hrs but 1hr studied properly without dozing is worth 3hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

You should be doing atleast 3 hours study a night, but study includes doing exam papers etc, homework isn't counted as study. The amount of study required by different people varys, you might be able to study quicker than others if you have no distractions and you just get to the action. The amount of homework you got seems like alot, examinations.ie enjoy :) You can get marking scheames/papers etc there, but I don't recommend just copying the answer down as you won't learn anything that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Not defending your teacher OP (that is a crazy amount of homework!), BUT completing past papers is the absolute best way of studying and checking on your own learning, so maybe think of it as an opportunity to tick a few topics off your science study list :)
    (although if I'd given students that amount of work to do in that time frame I'd be fully expecting to get lynched!)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Not defending your teacher OP (that is a crazy amount of homework!), BUT completing past papers is the absolute best way of studying and checking on your own learning, so maybe think of it as an opportunity to tick a few topics off your science study list :)
    (although if I'd given students that amount of work to do in that time frame I'd be fully expecting to get lynched!)
    I already know the science course inside out :p. Science is my favourite and best subject, i've been getting straight A's throught my Secondary School experince, got a B on mocks because we didn't cover any of the electrity chapters, the magnetism chapter, also plastics and fossile fuels ;). And yea, I agree, doing past-papers is the best study, the teachers who gave us loads of past paper work are the subjects i'm going strong on, however, I have like 2 or 3 teachers who don't give us past paper homework, and yea, the class is falling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sounds like you're on the right track DublinArnie, keep up the hard work

dee_mc wrote: »
    Sounds like you're on the right track DublinArnie, keep up the hard work
    Hehe, you're like the only "teacher" who said that to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Yeh Science really isn't all that hard if you're interested in it, last month i revised 3 chapters of science everyday and i got all of chemistry and a majority of biology done, now im focusing on physics and the questions that will most likely come up on biology and chem. I'm only worried about Irish and History because my teachers aren't that good. So I'm just going to do my best in listening, memorize some of my sraith pictuirs to use in a story, my novel summary, a poem summary and a letter. It will be hard but that's the best I can do to pass.

Advertisement