Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the bank extend my mortgage approval?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I was approved for a mortgage some months ago, i have regular savings, a significant parental gift and no loans. I did owe 1400 on the credit card at the time but i am paying the minimum and sometimes more every month and the bank made no issue of this. I am looking at buying a house for 200K and only borrowing 70%.

Thing is morgage approval only lasts 6 months and that time is up soon and I haven't found the right house yet. What is the procedure for extending it another six months? I didnt think I'd be looking this long so I used my credit card a lot and now the balance is 2800, as I said I pay the minimum every month, will this stand against me, or is it a case that once you get approval its v straight forward to have it extended? I have been reguarly saving. Quite worried due to an article I read today.:confused: Thanks for any insight.

Advertisement