Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moss question

• 09-05-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

i'm getting some peacock moss for my tank and i've heard it attaches really well to wood.gonna put some on my piece of mopani wood and my ship ornament.anybody know if this is true or should i tie it down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

The moss will attach itself to almost any surface in your tank, but has to be held in place while it can get a grip by itself. Although you can try and get into an opening without the need of tying, it's best if you can spread it evenly over the wood and/or decoration you want to cover and tie it with fishing line or regular cotton thread. In 2-3 weeks time you'll be able to remove the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Spread it out lots. Keep trimming it down and it will thicken up over time. If you just have big chunks the bottom layer will not do well and it'll grow slower.

Advertisement