Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam tomorrow need help with ER diagram

• 09-05-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi guys ive an exam tomorrow and been going through the past papers and found a question on making and er diagram was hinted that somthig like this will be on the exam. I have no notes on it and thers none online either can you help me figure it out with the relationships.

Explain with an appropriately labelled diagram thenotation used in Entity Relationship diagrams.

Construct an entity-relationship diagram to model theinformation given above. Ensure that allentities have between three and six properties. Provide primary and foreign keys. State assumptions.

A college has 6 major entities: lecturers, students,classes, subjects, examinations and books.

[*]A lecturer lecturers many subjects, and thus many classes
      [*]Each subject has one book
      [*]Each subject has one examination
      [*]A class has many students, although a student can belong to only one class.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Where is the exam and what time should I arrive at?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

Where is the exam and what time should I arrive at?

Ha sure :) :P

Advertisement