Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School giving unfair suspensions, what to do?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Lately my school has been suspending a few of my friends for being inappropriate, i understand that my friends are in the wrong but there are also many others in the school who do even worst(sexual acts) recently one of my teachers found out and told another teacher and they laughed about it, I believe my school is prejudice as the majority of people that get suspended are asians and polish. I have plenty of evidence that could make my statement valid but I came here for help, who do i go to when the school itself is racist, considering I'm asian too. I want to know if im able to contact a higher authority that manages the schools and hopeful get some sort of inspection running(the building is dangerous too, especially the food)

I'm not a trouble maker and I am usually quiet but today was the last straw when I, myself, was accused for committing sexual acts by a teacher. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Lately my school has been suspending a few of my friends for being inappropriate, i understand that my friends are in the wrong but there are also many others in the school who do even worst(sexual acts) recently one of my teachers found out and told another teacher and they laughed about it, I believe my school is prejudice as the majority of people that get suspended are asians and polish. I have plenty of evidence that could make my statement valid but I came here for help, who do i go to when the school itself is racist, considering I'm asian too. I want to know if im able to contact a higher authority that manages the schools and hopeful get some sort of inspection running(the building is dangerous too, especially the food)

I'm not a trouble maker and I am usually quiet but today was the last straw when I, myself, was accused for committing sexual acts by a teacher. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.

What were you accused of? Did you do it? How or why were you accused of it if you didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

What were you accused of? Did you do it? How or why were you accused of it if you didn't?

I was accused of having feeling a girls breasts and slapping her ass, I didn't do it, if i did why would i be stupid enough to make this post? I was accused of it because there are a specific group of girls in my class that are reporting all the asians for being inappropriate and out of the 8 that have been suspended only 3 of them were inappropriate and the rest didn't get to voice their opinions. Basically they reported me to the teacher because of my ethnicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Sounds like racism. If I was you, i'll contact the Board of Management (obviously get a parent or guardian to do it) and file a complaint.

I was accused of having feeling a girls breasts and slapping her ass, I didn't do it, if i did why would i be stupid enough to make this post? I was accused of it because there are a specific group of girls in my class that are reporting all the asians for being inappropriate and out of the 8 that have been suspended only 3 of them were inappropriate and the rest didn't get to voice their opinions. Basically they reported me to the teacher because of my ethnicity.
    I smell bullies. That sucks, I wish I could help.

I smell bullies. That sucks, I wish I could help.

This is the maddest ive ever been, I can't tell my parents about this because I don't want them to worry or be involved unless the teachers call my parents then I'd be happy to get them involved. The asians in my class are getting their parents together though

• Advertisement

This is the maddest ive ever been, I can't tell my parents about this because I don't want them to worry or be involved unless the teachers call my parents then I'd be happy to get them involved. The asians in my class are getting their parents together though
    Do the same. Get your parents, and if it is racism (you'll need to prove it somehow), then your school can get in serious trouble. Don't be afraid what your parents think, what's more important, your dignity or what your parents think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you have been accused of a sexual assault in the wrong, if I was you, I would demand that they call in the police and sort it out once and for all. People cannot bandy accusations like that around.

TBH, it sounds like your school is a bit out of control.
    Contact the Board of Management or the VEC if it's a VEC school.

Be careful of making claims of racism, unless you can absolutely back it up, even if you know for sure it's true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

''I was accused of having feeling a girls breasts and slapping her ass''
    In my school this sort of behaviour happens all the times, literally all the times
    In fact one day one of my friend got a blow*** from a girl during after school in a class !!!!

''I was accused of having feeling a girls breasts and slapping her ass''
    In my school this sort of behaviour happens all the times, literally all the times
    In fact one day one of my friend got a blow*** from a girl during after school in a class !!!!
    Lol. Oh wow.

spurious wrote: »
    If you have been accused of a sexual assault in the wrong, if I was you, I would demand that they call in the police and sort it out once and for all. People cannot bandy accusations like that around.

TBH, it sounds like your school is a bit out of control.
    Contact the Board of Management or the VEC if it's a VEC school.

Be careful of making claims of racism, unless you can absolutely back it up, even if you know for sure it's true.

my school is VEC, how do i contact them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't name the VEC, but if it's, say, City of Dublin VEC it's www.cdvec.ie if it's County Dublin VEC it's http://www.codubvec.ie/.
    If it's Sligo VEC it's http://www.sligovec.ie/

Your school website should say which VEC you are under.
    Please don't name the school or VEC here. If you want to PM me I'll help you contact who you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Definitely racism,you are innocent until proven guilty and by the sound of it you were just accused and not proven but was suspended straightway. Not cool:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd recommend bringing the matter to the attention of a teacher you trust, it's a serious issue that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible and as sensitively as possible. The reason I suggest approaching a teacher rather than/before contacting the VEC is that there's a possibility the school authority isn't even aware that they might be perceived as being racist. It's possible that they are simply taking a tough stance on the complaints being brought to them by students, without making the connection that many of those accused by these students are from different ethnicities. I think if you explain things how you have outlined them here, they might realise your point that your friends and others are being targeted by these girls, and not the other way around (as it has been presented to the school principal etc so far).
    Fair play to you for trying to put a stop to this situation, many wouldn't have the maturity/forward-thinking approach to take such a proactive attitude.

Advertisement