Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 37 Captain Poll

• 09-05-2013 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Gameweek 37 Captain Poll

Gameweek 37 Captain Poll 98 votes

Christian Benteke (Chelsea Home)
    0%
    Juan Mata (Aston Villa Away)
    1%
    Walter White 1 vote
    Eden Hazard (Aston Villa Away)
    1%
    buyer95 1 vote
    Frank Lampard (Aston Villa Away)
    0%
    Gareth Bale (Stoke Away)
    4%
    monster1El festinoScorpion Stinghots 4 votes
    Marouane Fellaini (West Ham Home)
    22%
    LeNNoXrock whoreLemlincdevGLaDOSbig_showsandtInvinciblebeaver111prettyboy81stiffler123Richard teaPaclyKizzyMonsterrichieffffkilburnSpaceCowb0yThe lipspaulocon2The Phantom Jipper 22 votes
    Dimitar Berbatov (Liverpool Home)
    0%
    Philippe Coutinho (Fulham Away)
    0%
    Daniel Sturridge (Fulham Away)
    0%
    Romelu Lukaku (Norwich Away)
    4%
    bofF1ngersRay vongreen giant 77 4 votes
    Loic Remy (Newcastle Home)
    0%
    Papiss Cisse (QPR Away)
    0%
    Rickie Lambert (Sunderland Away)
    0%
    Robin Van Persie (Swansea Home)
    0%
    Wayne Rooney (Swansea Home)
    18%
    smokingmanFitzerPRikandIce87will1977G1032manual_manmufcboy1999DonegalBonzComic Book GuyThe GibzillaCantona's CollarsbensboysDonerkebabbezuauaSteel DogMr.ProdstonUncleChael 18 votes
    Theo Walcott (Wigan Home)
    0%
    Santi Cazorla (Wigan Home)
    45%
    SickBoymachiavellianmeleuleruRbaNPWEIdave13BinkabillymitchellRoonboxmiller82tom_kJohnerNabyLadisthemancallaway92WoollyRedHatSteven81who_ruDeviaMikeCork2009MR NINE 45 votes
    Arouna Kone (Arsenal Away)
    1%
    roryc 1 vote
    Shaun Maloney (Arsenal Away)
    1%
    redarmy 1 vote
    Sergio Aguero (Reading Away)
    0%
    Carlos Tevez (Reading Away)
    0%
    David Silva (Reading Away)
    1%
    gigantic09 1 vote
    Other
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Gameweek 37 Captain Poll

Tricky, but I'm plumping for Theo versus a demoralised post-final Wigan. Bale VC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's between Walcott and Bale for me.

Probably will go Walcott though. Wigan will be v. tired for the match on Tuesday I'd imagine. Also, Bale was poor against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bale is leading the FFS poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    Bale is leading the FFS poll.

It's tight though. Only 1% between him and Theo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

It's tight though. Only 1% between him and Theo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

RVP anyone??
    United will surely want to go out on a high with it being SAF last game at home.
    Swansea have nothing to play for also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

hupskip wrote: »
    RVP anyone??
    United will surely want to go out on a high with it being SAF last game at home.
    Swansea have nothing to play for also!

RVP is good shout. I won't because if utd are a couple of goals up Fergie will want to give a run out to others. Can see him coming off on the hour.. saying that he could have a couple by then

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Going for RVP myself just on the basis that I think they will give Ferguson a good send off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Head says Walcott,heart says RVP.

Problem with RVP could be that the occasion gets to the players and they don't perform,the game is almost secondary to them.

zerks wrote: »
    Head says Walcott,heart says RVP.

Problem with RVP could be that the occasion gets to the players and they don't perform,the game is almost secondary to them.

The thing is Swansea have feck all to play for though. They're 9th and the highest they can go is 8th. I'd say the lowest they can go is 10th. West Ham are 5 points behind in 11th but I can't see them getting a full six points from their last two fixtures.

Therefore there's every chance United could rout them. The players will be very fired up and Old Trafford is going to be buzzing.

Two weeks ago the players could have frozen against Villa but they didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i have RVP, but i just don't know if I can captain him when Walcott and Bale have so much to play for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

I don't have RVP so it's a choice of Walcott and Bale. I am going Walcott because I didn't think Bale looked sharp Wed night and Stoke are a hard team to get a score against. Their defenders are not popular in FF for no reason.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i have RVP, but i just don't know if I can captain him when Walcott and Bale have so much to play for.

I agree. I'm not sure I'll captain him but its a week where, if I didn't have him, I'd be taking a 4 point hit to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Showing my age here but I remember Liverpools last game in front of the old kop and all the talk of it being a special occasion and wanting to finish off in style. They lost 1 0 to norwich with the legendary jeremy goss scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Showing my age here but I remember Liverpools last game in front of the old kop and all the talk of it being a special occasion and wanting to finish off in style. They lost 1 0 to norwich with the legendary jeremy goss scoring.

ha ha, i remember that too so don't feel too bad.

I also remember the 50th anniversary of Munich game where the occasion got to united and they lost 2-1 to city, a city side who were crap back then and consisted of players like Darius Vassell.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

What do you think about captaining Hart? He's likely to keep a clean sheet against Reading, right?
    What are all y'all opinions on captaining a keeper, is it too risky?

What do you think about captaining Hart? He's likely to keep a clean sheet against Reading, right?
    I see where you are coming from but apart from a peno save the maximum I can see him getting is 7 pts. I wouldnt want to spend a gameweek hoping lots of other players dont score and then watching the city match on edge looking for them not to concede. The other thing is Id imagine if city win they will be on the beer sat night and come tuesday as the game has nothing at stake they wont be at full pelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think you missed the boat on that one, last week it would have worked out nicely. Go with one of Walcott, Bale or RVP instead this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

RvP. Somewhat of a differential now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Walcott or Bale. Think Spurs will slip at Stoke, and we will end their top 4 dreams by beating Wigan.

Very few standout choices this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Eden Hazard (Aston Villa Away)
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    ha ha, i remember that too so don't feel too bad.

I also remember the 50th anniversary of Munich game where the occasion got to united and they lost 2-1 to city, a city side who were crap back then and consisted of players like Darius Vassell.

Hard to believe he has 22 caps for England:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RVP

i may just put the armband on RVP.

it's making more and more sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i may just put the armband on RVP.

it's making more and more sense to me.

i had said walcott all along and to be honest i'll probably stick with it but RVP is very very appealing, Rooney is very unlikely to start and with welbeck still injured it means that even if Sir Alex deicides to start Chicarito it'll be alongside RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gareth Bale (Stoke Away)
    As others have said on here already, players can perform poorly on big occasions as the emotion of it all gets to them. For that reason I will not captain RVP. My options this week are Bale, Walcott and Lampard. I can vouch for all 3 as being a good option but Lampard is obviously the riskiest as he plays for Rafatating Chelsea. Could be a coin toss in the end really after I narrow it down to 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

jebforever wrote: »
    As others have said on here already, players can perform poorly on big occasions as the emotion of it all gets to them. For that reason I will not captain RVP. My options this week are Bale, Walcott and Lampard. I can vouch for all 3 as being a good option but Lampard is obviously the riskiest as he plays for Rafatating Chelsea. Could be a coin toss in the end really after I narrow it down to 2.
    I presume you mean the rest of the team will be rotated as Lampard is starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lampard will play, rafa has said it pre-match. Chelsea have a final this week, one of oscar, hazard or mata will be rested imo.

Gareth Bale (Stoke Away)
    Jeez, yeah sure I read about that on here yesterday! Will probably just give the captaincy to Lamps now seen as I know he's starting and has the chance to break Chelsea's scoring record.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Jesus Christ can't believe there is not more discussion on this. I'm 20 odd points behind, fella ahead doesn't have RVP so will defo go Bale / Walcott. My heart says RVP but my head says Walcott?! Somebody help me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

Jesus Christ can't believe there is not more discussion on this. I'm 20 odd points behind, fella ahead doesn't have RVP so will defo go Bale / Walcott. My heart says RVP but my head says Walcott?! Somebody help me!

Have the three above, but going for either Bale/Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tough call between Van Persie and Walcott for me. I have a feeling Man United will run riot in Fergie's last game, but it is a dead rubber and will Van Persie even start? Walcott is guaranteed to start and Arsenal need to win. My main rival doesn't have Van Persie but does have Walcott so I'd imagine he will chose him.

Hmmm.....

walcott for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Bale for me with Walcott VC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Paully D wrote: »
    Tough call between Van Persie and Walcott for me. I have a feeling Man United will run riot in Fergie's last game, but it is a dead rubber and will Van Persie even start? Walcott is guaranteed to start and Arsenal need to win. My main rival doesn't have Van Persie but does have Walcott so I'd imagine he will chose him.

Hmmm.....

Yea but the occasion could also get to the United players & they could under perform. Remember the Munich anniversary game & the game when they renamed the North stand after Fergie?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ugh I have it on RVP but I want to be able to enjoy Fergie's last hurrah so I'm not sure if I should be living in fear having not backed Van the Man or comfortable amongst the masses in Walcott country. But then there's Bale whilst not looking fit and away to Stoke is still Gareth Bale, and Frankie Lampard who is still going for that all important goal. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

'mon the RvP! Walcott fail please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »

Captained RvP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »

Captained Bale, rivals did RVP.

chickened out of RVP.

Walcott it is.

So who voted for Lampard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Gareth Bale (Stoke Away)

Me! First decent captain choice in aaages, need to catch up 30 points to reclaim 1st in my main league having lead for most of the year... good start to the week anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

chickened out of RVP.

Walcott it is.

I did the opposite and changed to RVP after having it on Walcott all week.

Me! First decent captain choice in aaages, need to catch up 30 points to reclaim 1st in my main league having lead for most of the year... good start to the week anyway!

Nice!! :cool:

Gareth Bale (Stoke Away)

I did, captained him in the hope that the record would spur him on to score and he duly obliged. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I voted for Santi. Unfortunately I didn't have the balls to actually bring him in and captain him.

roryc wrote: »
    I voted for Santi. Unfortunately I didn't have the balls to actually bring him in and captain him.

That would have had you comfortably in top 10k you coulf have watched the weekends football with a cigar.

I was planning on taking 2 points hits and bringing in Santi and Sturridge for Mata and Lukaku. Even at 11:20am on Saturday morning I was undecided on whether or not to pull the trigger on Mata/Santi. It's not like these were two of ten choices, those two were my set transfers along with Coutinho. Unfortunately getting from 20k up to 11k last week shrivelled my balls up and I bottled it. After the 8 point hit I'd be 21 points better off and sitting pretty in 6,000th! So many times this season I've made decisions which have cost me big, like those two. Hopefully I can get one right and finish the season well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I had brought in Lampard with the intention of captaining him but then on Saturday realised that he was playing in the early kick off on Saturday, I really hate captaining someone in that game (unless its a really obvious RVP type capt choice) so reluctantly went with Santi as capt and FFL as vc. While I was delighted with new signing Lampard's brace I had a nagging regret up until Santi's 4th assist last night that I'd captained the wrong guy.

Definitely ran well there

roryc wrote: »
    I was planning on taking 2 points hits and bringing in Santi and Sturridge for Mata and Lukaku. Even at 11:20am on Saturday morning I was undecided on whether or not to pull the trigger on Mata/Santi. It's not like these were two of ten choices, those two were my set transfers along with Coutinho. Unfortunately getting from 20k up to 11k last week shrivelled my balls up and I bottled it. After the 8 point hit I'd be 21 points better off and sitting pretty in 6,000th! So many times this season I've made decisions which have cost me big, like those two. Hopefully I can get one right and finish the season well.

I'll tell you what. There's only ten points between our teams and you're into wagers.

If you finish higher, I'll never post on the Fantasy Sports forum again.

If I finish higher, you have to stop bloody whingeing and never whinge on the forum again.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'll tell you what. There's only ten points between our teams and you're into wagers.

If you finish higher, I'll never post on the Fantasy Sports forum again.

If I finish higher, you have to stop bloody whingeing and never whinge on the forum again.

Can't turn down an offer like that. Deal

• Advertisement
Advertisement