Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Captain Poll

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tough call between Van Persie and Walcott for me. I have a feeling Man United will run riot in Fergie's last game, but it is a dead rubber and will Van Persie even start? Walcott is guaranteed to start and Arsenal need to win. My main rival doesn't have Van Persie but does have Walcott so I'd imagine he will chose him.

Hmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Santi Cazorla (Wigan Home)
    walcott for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Marouane Fellaini (West Ham Home)
    Bale for me with Walcott VC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Paully D wrote: »
    Tough call between Van Persie and Walcott for me. I have a feeling Man United will run riot in Fergie's last game, but it is a dead rubber and will Van Persie even start? Walcott is guaranteed to start and Arsenal need to win. My main rival doesn't have Van Persie but does have Walcott so I'd imagine he will chose him.

Hmmm.....

Yea but the occasion could also get to the United players & they could under perform. Remember the Munich anniversary game & the game when they renamed the North stand after Fergie?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wayne Rooney (Swansea Home)
    Ugh I have it on RVP but I want to be able to enjoy Fergie's last hurrah so I'm not sure if I should be living in fear having not backed Van the Man or comfortable amongst the masses in Walcott country. But then there's Bale whilst not looking fit and away to Stoke is still Gareth Bale, and Frankie Lampard who is still going for that all important goal. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

'mon the RvP! Walcott fail please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »

Captained RvP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »

Captained Bale, rivals did RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

chickened out of RVP.

Walcott it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

So who voted for Lampard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Gareth Bale (Stoke Away)

Me! First decent captain choice in aaages, need to catch up 30 points to reclaim 1st in my main league having lead for most of the year... good start to the week anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SlickRic wrote: »
    chickened out of RVP.

Walcott it is.

I did the opposite and changed to RVP after having it on Walcott all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Me! First decent captain choice in aaages, need to catch up 30 points to reclaim 1st in my main league having lead for most of the year... good start to the week anyway!

Nice!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gareth Bale (Stoke Away)

I did, captained him in the hope that the record would spur him on to score and he duly obliged. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Arouna Kone (Arsenal Away)
    I voted for Santi. Unfortunately I didn't have the balls to actually bring him in and captain him.

roryc wrote: »
    I voted for Santi. Unfortunately I didn't have the balls to actually bring him in and captain him.

That would have had you comfortably in top 10k you coulf have watched the weekends football with a cigar.

I was planning on taking 2 points hits and bringing in Santi and Sturridge for Mata and Lukaku. Even at 11:20am on Saturday morning I was undecided on whether or not to pull the trigger on Mata/Santi. It's not like these were two of ten choices, those two were my set transfers along with Coutinho. Unfortunately getting from 20k up to 11k last week shrivelled my balls up and I bottled it. After the 8 point hit I'd be 21 points better off and sitting pretty in 6,000th! So many times this season I've made decisions which have cost me big, like those two. Hopefully I can get one right and finish the season well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I had brought in Lampard with the intention of captaining him but then on Saturday realised that he was playing in the early kick off on Saturday, I really hate captaining someone in that game (unless its a really obvious RVP type capt choice) so reluctantly went with Santi as capt and FFL as vc. While I was delighted with new signing Lampard's brace I had a nagging regret up until Santi's 4th assist last night that I'd captained the wrong guy.

Definitely ran well there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was planning on taking 2 points hits and bringing in Santi and Sturridge for Mata and Lukaku. Even at 11:20am on Saturday morning I was undecided on whether or not to pull the trigger on Mata/Santi. It's not like these were two of ten choices, those two were my set transfers along with Coutinho. Unfortunately getting from 20k up to 11k last week shrivelled my balls up and I bottled it. After the 8 point hit I'd be 21 points better off and sitting pretty in 6,000th! So many times this season I've made decisions which have cost me big, like those two. Hopefully I can get one right and finish the season well.

I'll tell you what. There's only ten points between our teams and you're into wagers.

If you finish higher, I'll never post on the Fantasy Sports forum again.

If I finish higher, you have to stop bloody whingeing and never whinge on the forum again.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'll tell you what. There's only ten points between our teams and you're into wagers.

If you finish higher, I'll never post on the Fantasy Sports forum again.

If I finish higher, you have to stop bloody whingeing and never whinge on the forum again.

Can't turn down an offer like that. Deal

• Advertisement

Can't turn down an offer like that. Deal

And keep to it this time please. Last time you were meant to change your sig and it lasted all of a half hour, if even that, before you invented some reason that you shouldn't of had to change it, despite you making the wager in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

its-on-bitches-Favim.com-471468.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

And they said there was nothing to play for on the last day!

Lemlin wrote: »
    And keep to it this time please. Last time you were meant to change your sig and it lasted all of a half hour, if even that, before you invented some reason that you shouldn't of had to change it, despite you making the wager in the first place.

Boring. I said I would change my sig, and I did. I left it like that for a few days which was more than sufficient. I never said it was a permanent sig change, and as you have just shown I at least kept my word and changed it. Any credibility you had on this forum went out the window the day you started accusing me of hacking into boards to rig a poll just because I got more votes than you.

This last gameweek has suddenly gotten a lot more interesting though. Despite the fact I don't for a second believe you will do the honourable thing if you lose and f**k off, it's still nice thinking that perhaps you will.

Boring. I said I would change my sig, and I did. I left it like that for a few days which was more than sufficient. I never said it was a permanent sig change, and as you have just shown I at least kept my word and changed it. Any credibility you had on this forum went out the window the day you started accusing me of hacking into boards to rig a poll just because I got more votes than you. Ironically, this was a poll which was created because you are a compulsive liar who couldn't back up his lies.

This last gameweek has suddenly gotten a lot more interesting though. Despite the fact I don't for a second believe you will do the honourable thing if you lose and f**k off, it's still nice thinking that perhaps you will.

You had the sig changed back within an hour as you reckoned that I had only satisfied one of your "minor" points. That's my memory of it but we'll never know as you had the thread deleted. I was more than happy for it to remain.

Like I said then, I know nothing about internet polls. I merely pointed out what I had been pmed. I find it ironic that you refer to me as a "liar....who can't back up his lies"?

I'm not the one who claimed to have watched every PL game up to GW3 or so and then conveniently forgot later in the season I'd claimed to have watched all those matches. So you'd either forgotten that you'd watched 10 games for three weekends in a row, 2700 minutes plus of football, or you were lieing? Which was it then?

I do love the consistent attempts at name calling though. I really don't see why you try so hard to put names on me. I actually saw a film recently with a line which would describe my opinion of you rather aptly - "by virtue of your name calling you are clearly giving credence to my points". In other words, the fact that you have to try and reduce the debate to name calling shows that you know you are losing.

This is an internet forum, I'm not really worried about credibility on it. To answer your point though, credibility on here comes from FF performance - an area that I have consistently outperformed you in.

I'll be more than happy to do the honourable thing. As I said earlier this season, I can't take much more of logging on to see you complain about every last decision that doesn't go your way. Or see you post up 700 or 800 word posts about what striker you should replace a player with. Grow a pair of balls and make a decision.

Your team isn't your team. It's the forum's. You wouldn't pass wind next to your laptop with FF logged in should you make a decision off your own initiative.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD Warning: Lemlin and RoryC, I have warned you both regarding your personal attacks on each other. Both infracted.

I won't hesitate to hand out a ban for the final week of the season if you continue this bickering beyond this post. Take your personal bet off the forum please.

I leave for 2 days and look what happens :eek:

I leave for 2 days and look what happens :eek:

You stuck out like a sore thumb on the tv in the middle of all those arsenal fans with your mickey turner norwich jersey on.

You stuck out like a sore thumb on the tv in the middle of all those arsenal fans with your mickey turner norwich jersey on.

I was tempted to get a half and half jersey with RVP on one side and Mickey T on the other. Thought the Turner one would be less conspicuous in the long run :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Wouldn't it be strange if it turned out like one of those movies about a split personality and Rory and Lemmy are actually the same person who has arguments with himself on the Internet. Question is if this Rorylemmy character is to have electro convulsive therapy to eliminate one of the personalities, which one should remain? Lets set up a forum poll: If Rorylemmy is to have ECT to eliminate one, which one should remain?
    On second thoughts, lets not.

Stranger things have happened, Torres just scored in the UEFA cup final!

Advertisement