Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer fans are working, but no display signal from hdmi?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Uh the motherboard fan, the graphics card fan and the psu fan are all working, the front LED light is also fully on, Usb 3.0 is disconnected right now (Thats irrelevent though right?) and the fans connected to the Case are also disconnected.

I'm currently using a TV until i buy a HDMI monitor later this week but I just want to see if i can get a signal before i buy one, Anyone have any ideas on why its not working? help me please.

Item Price
    Intel Core i5-3330 Box, LGA1155 €160.00
    ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX €66.14
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-10667U CL9 €55.21
    MS Windows 8 64bit (SB-Version) Englisch €85.50
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's €58.01
    Cooltek Antiphon Black, ohne Netzteil €64.00
    be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 400W €38.96
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7850 royalKing, 1GB GDDR5 €156.71
    Samsung SH-118AB schwarz €12.62
    Shipping €18.99
    Total €716.14

That's the build i used for this, found it here earlier.

Edit: Oh also I don't currently have a windows 7 disk in, but I'm supposed to get a splash screen that says 'Operating system not found' Right?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Does anything appear on the screen when it initially boots up?

Do you have another HDMI cable to test with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bobthegreat1

I've tested the HDMI cable with another computer and it worked, Also there is nothing displayed except 'No signal' on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Are you conecting the HDMMI to the motherboard or the GPU? That board has on board Intel graphics, you might have to connect the monitor to the motherboard first, enter the BIOS and disable this. Then connect to the GPU & reboot.

Didn't work ethier, already tried, same issue no signal

You wouldn't have a VGA monitor you could try? I know I had bother using HDMI to TV when I first started my computer.

• Advertisement

The graphics card doesn't support VGA

Would it be the Graphics card thats the problem? or could it be something like a poorly installed CPU?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Like paulmclaughlin, I had grief with a TV detecting a PC before, think the TV would not display unless the resolution matched, fixed it by setting the correct res. for the telly first on a monitor IIRC.

I think your PSU is a bit on the light side-AMD recommends 500W + power supply;

Might or might not be an issue, give a search back here on similar builds using a 400W. You colud try removing the 7850 and trying the mobo graphics.

could it be something like a poorly installed CPU?

What makes you think it might be that? Installing a CPU is pretty straight forward.

Because i'm a tech newbie

• Advertisement

Who built the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Is the Power Supply connected to the graphics card? There's should be a cable going from the power supply to the graphics cards, also make sure it's seated properly. If that doesn't work remove the graphics card and then try the onboard graphics.

Yea it is, but the onboard graphics Don't seem to work ethier, could it be the psu? or the motherboard, I'm not really expecting to be able to fix this with my current parts, but i'm just trying to atleast determine which part is broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Test the memory.
    Try just one stick. If it does not boot try just the other stick.

remove the graphics card and then try the onboard graphics.

I'd be in favour of this too.

Advertisement