Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in going to lessons?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

Would anyone be interested in doing an intermediate-ish lesson in Calliaghstown Equestrian Centre on a weekday evening?

Myself and emma-fly had a lesson there last night. The instructor was saying if we can get another 1 or 2 riders of a similar level she could do a semi-private lesson for us during the week. If we can get numbers organised we should be able to get a lesson in next Tuesday or Wednesday evening?

Let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Is it jumping or flatwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anastazia

I'd be on to go with you guys;) Count me in for the next lesson you plan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

marley123 wrote: »
    Is it jumping or flatwork?

Bit of everything! The instructor was saying for example we could do a lesson on gridwork or whatever we want. I suppose we'd just have to agree among ourselves what we want to focus on.

Personally I just want to get as many hours in the saddle as possible before I get my horse back next month so I'm easy as to what we do. I love to jump though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

I'd possibly do it for the fun of riding something different? Cost/times?

Cost will depend on how many of us there are. The lesson would be at 7:30pm.

Can anyone interested please PM me their details by noon this Saturday so I can contact Calliaghstown for prices. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

You all live so far away from me :(

Likewise!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Neigh

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Despite being useless and having to pull out of the bel air meetup AGAIN (Boswell combined training starts that week) I'm still interested in this if we have the interest?

Despite being useless and having to pull out of the bel air meetup AGAIN (Boswell combined training starts that week) I'm still interested in this if we have the interest?

Hi silverfox,

Myself and 2 others are actually headed for a lesson this evening. We can report back here how we got on and if you like the sounds of it, PM me your details and maybe you can come next week? :)

• Advertisement

How did you get in Valentina?
    Valentina wrote: »
    Hi silverfox,

Myself and 2 others are actually headed for a lesson this evening. We can report back here how we got on and if you like the sounds of it, PM me your details and maybe you can come next week? :)

Hi marley,

I think we got on great! :) We did lots of flat work and work without stirrups. I think I improved a good bit on last week so was very happy. I've an old injury to my right ankle/foot that I sometimes struggle with but within the hour I felt loads better and stronger and I don't feel a bit stiff or sore today.

Myself and Anastazia are going back next Wednesday at 7.30pm if anyone wants to come we could take one or two more? It's €25 for the hour. If you want to come please PM me your details ASAP so I can let the stables know. :)

On another note - could anyone here recommend a good riding school for private Jumping lessons on a Schoolmaster?

( Rathcoole is a bit too far out I think )

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

Hi guys how was this weeks lesson?
    So jealous I missed it!!

Advertisement