Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legendary Students in UCD

Options
  • 09-05-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

So there was a thread here in 2005 about legendary students in UCD and I thought it would be an interesting discussion to have once again (finding threads from 2005 is from my legendary procrastination).

So who could be described as a legendary student within UCD over the past few years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

"The Club Formally known as Tripod" Guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

I suppose yer man who always wins the iron stomach in Freshers Week Johnny Cosgrave has a certain claim to fame in that sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In terms of lads I never overlapped with in college (and I am final year in fourth year), but I still hear being talked about, Stephen Quinlivan is probably the name I hear mentioned most. And I guess that is sort of legendary.

He presided over perhaps the most successful era for college ents. I think he ran the first UCD ball, which love or hate it, was a pretty radical idea when it was first done.

Then there are some real legends I guess, lots of incredible sports people went to UCD, about half the Leinster team included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

He may not be a student, but he sure is a legend...

562644_225159154252376_628919506_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Also, I hear this Fergus Nash lad is a bit of a legend. Real ladies man. They say a woman got pregnant just by looking at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Short Answer: Pat Patterson

It sort of depends on the circles you associate with, I'm sure there's Dramsoc legends like.
    errlloyd wrote: »
    In terms of lads I never overlapped with in college (and I am final year in fourth year), but I still hear being talked about, Stephen Quinlivan is probably the name I hear mentioned most. And I guess that is sort of legendary.

Wasn't the first UCD ball a black tie event in a carpark and a complete and total failure? Obvs, neither of us were there, but from what I've heard the first few balls died on their arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Fad wrote: »
    Wasn't the first UCD ball a black tie event in a carpark and a complete and total failure? Obvs, neither of us were there, but from what I've heard the first few balls died on their arse.

It was behind the Student Centre when the car park was bigger (was there 2 years later too), was a decent night, made a small loss (I think 5 grand or something but ents had done well that year), and had Bell X1 in that phase when they were particularly big in Ireland. Not a complete and total failure, but they then gave up on trying to do a clone of the Trinity Ball. Didn't happen the next year, and the second one two years later was a total cheesfest but it made money and was serious craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Grealish123

The homeless guy, gent!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Also, I hear this Fergus Nash lad is a bit of a legend. Real ladies man. They say a woman got pregnant just by looking at him.

Oh I can assure the person behind this pseudonym is in no way a legend. I'd say Librocop has that effect on women though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

dajaffa wrote: »
    It was behind the Student Centre when the car park was bigger (was there 2 years later too), was a decent night, made a small loss (I think 5 grand or something but ents had done well that year), and had Bell X1 in that phase when they were particularly big in Ireland.
    Was that not 2006?

First UCD ball was in 2005 AFAIK... Time in Naas.

Massive failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

kilrush wrote: »
    "The Club Formally known as Tripod" Guy?

He is far from a legend.

Advertisement