Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing

• 09-05-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭

Have computing level 8 (nc003) as my first choice, just wondering how hard the first year is , ie the maths, doing ol for lc and got 59 in mocks , would say its my weaker subject . Any feedback on the course would be great , cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 killerfm

Hey Stephen,

I'm currently finishing up year two of this course. The maths module "Introduction to Mathematics for Computing" is in first semester of year one. It covers topics such as sets, logic, relations, calculus, counting and statistics. I did ol for my lc too and I found the module quite easy. You have a lecture on the particular topic usually at the start of the week and then a tutorial session to actually do some exercises on what you learned in the lecture. There is so much support in the college also. If you ever fall behind or don't understand a particular topic, all you have to do is either talk to the lecturer or tutor after class, email them to arrange a small group tutorial or just call into their office and they are always willing to help you out. They also have maths support tutors that you can email to arrange tutorial or revision sessions with. In my opinion this module shouldn't be an issue for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions on the course or the college.

Best,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

killerfm wrote: »
    Hey Stephen,

I'm currently finishing up year two of this course. The maths module "Introduction to Mathematics for Computing" is in first semester of year one. It covers topics such as sets, logic, relations, calculus, counting and statistics. I did ol for my lc too and I found the module quite easy. You have a lecture on the particular topic usually at the start of the week and then a tutorial session to actually do some exercises on what you learned in the lecture. There is so much support in the college also. If you ever fall behind or don't understand a particular topic, all you have to do is either talk to the lecturer or tutor after class, email them to arrange a small group tutorial or just call into their office and they are always willing to help you out. They also have maths support tutors that you can email to arrange tutorial or revision sessions with. In my opinion this module shouldn't be an issue for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions on the course or the college.

Best,
    David
    Thanks for this , so would you recommend the course yourself , I was told that the course it for everyone no matter how much computer knowledge you have , also the college itself what's that like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 killerfm

I would definitely recommend the course and the college. It really is a course for everyone but you do need to have an interest in computers but other than that everything is explained so you don't need to have any prior knowledge.

I would recommend taking a trip up to see the college if you haven't already. It's brand spanking new and it has everything you will need.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

killerfm wrote: »
    I would definitely recommend the course and the college. It really is a course for everyone but you do need to have an interest in computers but other than that everything is explained so you don't need to have any prior knowledge.

I would recommend taking a trip up to see the college if you haven't already. It's brand spanking new and it has everything you will need.

Yeah I have an interest in computers and tech in general

Advertisement