Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to throw it off the wall..... vodafone router

• 09-05-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Currently using an eircom zyxel router for the last few months while on vodafone with no problems.

two nights ago the power went on the whole block... next day the internet light on the router was red.

logged in to it and entered the vodafone@vodafone.ie and broadband respectively...... no luck still red so i reset it using the button at the back.

went through all the steps again and entered all the settings as per vodafone website.... no luck...... contacted ''technical support'' who suggested i try my phonenumber@vodafone.ie as well...... no luck

they then said to try a different router..... coincidently i have an almost new one spare.

since i had used it before i reset this before using.... entered all the settings and still no luck..... dsl light is green but that little evil net light won't go green.

vodafone support have no other suggestions..... how about ye

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are you just entering the user name and password or have you made sure that all the dsl settings are correct?

Basic Modem Config:
    Username:
    Password:
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

dub45 wrote: »
    Are you just entering the user name and password or have you made sure that all the dsl settings are correct?

Ya entered them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Sounds like an exchange side issue. Did you upgrade your package recently?

Not that I'm aware of . What next

Not that I'm aware of . What next

If it's the same issue with both modems its more than likely a line issue. May need a fault logged by tech support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ofcork

Does upgrading your package cause potential issues as i have had since upgrading and getting increased speed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

The folks in VF should be able to help.....they are on boards here

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

Vodafone@vodafone.ie
    broadband

are the usual user name / password

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

crawler wrote: »
    The folks in VF should be able to help.....they are on boards here

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

Vodafone@vodafone.ie
    broadband

are the usual user name / password

limericklad87
    I had issues with a red light on the internet router over the weekend on a Netopia modem. I looked up the password and re-typed it in but still issues. DSL was ok - Internet down (red light)

I then added a '1' to the end. Logged in straight away. Try broadband1 - seemed to work for me. I'm with Vodafone on an Eircom exchange so perhaps that is why it worked as broadband1 is the Eircom DSL/internet password.

ofcork wrote: »
    Does upgrading your package cause potential issues as i have had since upgrading and getting increased speed?

Ya can do, depending on the quality of the line, if the speed is more than the line can take you will most likely get a slow and intermittent connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Had a similar problem recently following a line speed increase. After a week without broadband and three calls to tech support, the last tech spotted a pppoe authorisation string mismatch between the modem and back end server. So while the username/pass info was correct on the router there was another authentication issue. Might be worth checking out.

• Advertisement

Came back today......I've no idea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement