Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP laptop crashing

Options
  • 09-05-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks,
    I bought a new laptop about 18 months ago. Its a HP Pavilion g series. Since I first got it it crashes if I try to download or if i'm just browsing with a few webpages open at one time. I didn't send it for assessment when it was under warranty as I couldn't afford to be without it for the length of time it would have taken for it to be sent away etc. If I open it and start browsing...say watching league Sunday on rte.ie as I tend to do it'll be fine for mabey 10 minutes then gone. If I start it up again immediately and start watching again it might only last 5 mins and so on. I don't even have to be downloading..if i'm on it for a while just browsing it will sometimes crash. Sounds like its overheating right? Well I installed a sentinel program to monitor overheating and it still was crashing when the hard drive was under 30 degrees. I had a technician give it a quick once over and he couldn't find any problem. I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer some advice. Many thanks, Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Thermal cut out happens when the CPU overheats, not the hard drive.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Install this and tell us the core temperature. Shouldn't be over 70 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

Can you hear the fan spinning up when it's in use

It does sound like over heating

Make sure the base is on a flat surface when in use and blow out any dirt in the fan area

Advertisement