Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Sports Performance

Options
  • 09-05-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm 26 years of age and thinking of applying for this course but I don't hold a degree. Is it essential to hold a degree to apply?

I'd like to hear from people who are doing this course and people who have graduated.

For the people doing it, tell me what its like? the hours? what you like/dislike about the course?

and for the people who graduated, what are you guys doing now? what are the career prospects like after doing this course?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 45 Double decker

yes, previous degree absolutre requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

Previous degree is not a requirement provided you have relevant experience

lim abroad wrote: »
    Previous degree is not a requirement provided you have relevant experience
    Applicants are required to hold an undergraduate degree, 2.2 honours (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) or higher, with preference given to applicants with related subjects such as health, sports science, physical education, nutrition, physiotherapy, anatomy or human biology. Relevant work experience will be advantageous.

seems that reading is also a requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

seems that reading is also a requirement

I'm currently a 4th year sports science undergrad in ul, we were sent a recruitment email recently and it said that an undergraduate degree was not a requirement

lim abroad wrote: »
    I'm currently a 4th year sports science undergrad in ul, we were sent a recruitment email recently and it said that an undergraduate degree was not a requirement

sounds plausible alright. a recruitment email was sent to ppl in a final year of degree, asking them to apply for a Msc which told them they didn't need their degree. That makes perfect sense. so you can drop out of your BSc and do a Msc instead?

seriously, i know a lot of ppl in sports sci are retarded but this is truly exception stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Amusing as it might be at times to act as a lightning rod for the usual "lots of people who do X are Y" discussion, comments like this aren't helpful.
    seriously, i know a lot of ppl in sports sci are retarded but this is truly exception stuff

It's possible to criticise something without slating swathes of people and it's possible to answer a question without pontificating insultingly. Try that.

/mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Meenbanad Celtic

sounds plausible alright. a recruitment email was sent to ppl in a final year of degree, asking them to apply for a Msc which told them they didn't need their degree. That makes perfect sense. so you can drop out of your BSc and do a Msc instead?

i think you are the one making the clown of yourself.

"Alternatively we accept people without a related degree, correct standard or even with no degree, if they can show significant experience in sports/athlete performance support (playing high level, experienced coach/strength qualifications/mentoring athletes). This route is called Recognised Prior Learning (RPL / APL) and simply requires a supporting statement/letter uploaded with the application. You can read about the route RPL RPL background . The RPL route is meant to make up for the lack of academic experience so RPL experience needs to be considerable and evidenced with experience and documentation"

Advertisement