Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some help with ram

Options
  • 09-05-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey Folks

Am looking for some help....

I have a HP MT 3500, 4gb ram. I just bought a new 4gb ram stick, samsung ddr3. I installed it but it didnt work, basically my monitor was saying it couldnt detect a signal. I removed it, cleaned the dock with compressed air, and put it back in but the result was the same. Naturally I googled the problem and it seems many people have the same issue, they were talking about fried motherboards and all sorts of scary stuff. Anyway I removed the ram and now the pc is working fine, i am typing on it now.

From what I have read in pc magazines installing ram is simple, just slot it in. Im guessing thats not the case, do I need to reset bios (whatever that means) or adjust screen resolution (i read these things on google of course) or do something else before i install it?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Comments

Although it might be the same type, other minor things like timings can result in a module not working or making the system unstable. However it could just be faulty.

Your best bet is to get certified RAM for that system from the likes of Crucial or Kingston.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SamIsta

I bought it from germany, a company called Diewald memory, basically I got an Amazon gift card fro my bday so....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Try it with just the new memory in. If it works then the two sticks are incompatible.

If it doesn't work then the new stick is either faulty or incompatible with the system.

Advertisement