Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slightly confused,

Options
  • 09-05-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just been dooing some checking online and its just after confusing me more, in relation to registered companies and sole traders. A registered company has a "CRN" number yet a sole trader does not, how do I check if a sole trader is legit, is ther a database of sole traders that I could check?
    It just doesn't stop there I see the same things happening in the medical feild too some places have "MCRN" numbers others don't, are the ones with out not on the level. Could someone please help to clear this up cos it seems to be just going over my head. Thanking helpers in advance J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

There is no requirement to have a registration number to carry out business in your own name in tis country. Limited companies have a registration number as do those trading under a business name, (a registered business name and number issued by the CRO). Not being registered does not imply in any way that the enterprise is anything other than wholly legitimate.

Advertisement