Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Idra released from EG

• 09-05-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭

Delighted tbh, especially after his behaviour after WCS.
    Posting crap about his fans and quitting his game early.

They're talking about it on STOTG right now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

thank ****ing god, when I hear out about bad mouthing fans I was going straight to EG's page to cause **** and seen he was fired. Thank **** good riddance hope his sc2 career dies in a hole somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

The comment about his fans was before his wcs games not after , hardly surprised tho think it was already on edge with him and demuslim thing then that comment was the end, Really curious about who EG get now with idra gone and stephano quitting in a few months there budget will be pretty large for new players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

Pretty crazy seeing it unfold. InControl was on state of the game live as it was being announced and took it pretty hard. The show had to take a small break to allow him to gather himself. DeMuslim was surprised but didn't seem all that bothered when he found out on his stream. I think with everything that has happened between himself and Idra he's stopped caring about Idra to some extent.

Idra has stated numerous times he hates SC2 and InControl was confirming it on state of the game, but playing it seems to be all he does, it's understandable why someone would become so hateful and spiteful doing constantly doing something you hate but does not excuse his actions. Hopefully this will force Idra to take a break for SC2 and maybe make him consider if he should continue playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Took me a while to realize what I was hearing when Incontrol announced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Good. Now he can go get a job in something he enjoys doing. See ya, nerd.

EDIT: What did he say? I don't follow the scene anymore so missed any kind of drama :((

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Good. Now he can go get a job in something he enjoys doing. See ya, nerd.

EDIT: What did he say? I don't follow the scene anymore so missed any kind of drama :((

according to incontrol, last week idra told Capoch that "he hopes he gets cancer and dies" thats was picked up on by reddit/TL as usual but the sponsors were not happy and told Garfield that they would withdraw if idra wasnt dealt with. Idra was fined and told to stop with this kind of ****

A week later he went on TL and called the commuinity ****s and that he gets paid to call them ****s. Sponsors then told garfield to get rid of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Bahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

While I do find him entertaining, he is embarrassment. He is everything that is wrong with e-sports and the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

NTMK wrote: »
    A week later he went on TL and called the commuinity ****s and that he gets paid to call them ****s. Sponsors then told garfield to get rid of him

FgezXgU.jpg

the mad eejit. *high fiv...looks away*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

In case anyone's missed it, it's the news from the horse's mouth about what happened:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I sympathise to a degree. People are an awful shower of pussies these days.

You see it in all walks of life. People seem to be getting thinner and thinner of skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

there is no reason to be even a little sympathetic in Idra's case - he was paid well to stream himself playing a computer game without any requirement for success.

Acting the dick is something he would have done independent of e-fame - Nobody can vindicate their actions by saying "it's ok, I say stupid shít when I am angry sometimes". He is very lucky he found an outlet where his personality was encouraged to the the extent it was - I remember going to school with lads like this that always seemed surly/narky and were generally very negative people - the kind of token "moody teenagers" that were angry at the world and felt they were above others at everything they did if they only applied themselves - The western e-sports world (unfortunately) fosters this sort of individual unlike anything else I can compare it to.

I came from CoD/CS and now play HoN and would accept that people need far thicker skin online but Idra being a moany twat was not a conscious attempt by him to "push boundaries" like some sort of trailblazer - he is simply an immature individual that was given a great outlet which highlights the worst of his personality.

Advertisement