Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl WLan Repeater setting up Problems

Options
  • 09-05-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone, am having awful problems of setting up one of these Wireless Lan repeaters from Lidl ranging from obtaining ip address to ip conflicts to connecting one minute and connecting but not getting web pages to getting web pages but damn slow under 1mps on speedtest.net whereas when direct to the router speedtest.net is reporting around 6mbps download speed.

I have the repeater configured in repeater mode (client) no security open network (whilst I diagnose the problem) - and its found my Thomson 585v8 wireless router fine and channels are set to 'auto; (picked ch 6)

Anyone else having any problems or was it plain sailing installing one? - the Thomson Wireless router on the front does have a WPS button on the front but all this does when long pressing is turn Wlan on the router on or off, doesnt seem to have the wps functionality so i had to set up the Lidl repeater manually.. Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks,
    Andy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Update 10/5/13 : Wife took it back to Lidl to swap it for another one to try but they didnt have any more so she got a refund .

Advertisement