Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 2 Results

Options
  • 10-05-2013 12:38am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Colts 20 Broncos 17

Broncos go down to a very good and dominant Colts throughout.
    Colts had the ball for 2 thirds of the game which tells its own tale.
    The game was mostly Colts Offense versus Broncos defense.
    Quarters weren't too exciting with both teams trading TD's and FG's until the 4th.(although there was a goal line stand from the Broncos under instense pressure from the colts in the 2nd)
    With 2.30 left on clocks the the Broncos were playing for overtime while the Colts were playing for the win.Again Luck was moving them down the field until inside the Broncos half he goes long and its picked off.
    Relief for the Broncos they think but 3 quick plays later the Colts have it back and move the ball within range for the game winning kick.

GG Rock.
    By far the better team won on the day,wasn't able to pick off a pass at all on D and you completely stifled me on Offense.
    Keep that up and you'll definately be playoff bound I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Colts 20 Broncos 17

Broncos go down to a very good and dominant Colts throughout.
    Colts had the ball for 2 thirds of the game which tells its own tale.
    The game was mostly Colts Offense versus Broncos defense.
    Quarters weren't too exciting with both teams trading TD's and FG's until the 4th.(although there was a goal line stand from the Broncos under instense pressure from the colts in the 2nd)
    With 2.30 left on clocks the the Broncos were playing for overtime while the Colts were playing for the win.Again Luck was moving them down the field until inside the Broncos half he goes long and its picked off.
    Relief for the Broncos they think but 3 quick plays later the Colts have it back and move the ball within range for the game winning kick.

GG Rock.
    By far the better team won on the day,wasn't able to pick off a pass at all on D and you completely stifled me on Offense.
    Keep that up and you'll definately be playoff bound I think

Cheers Perrin, yeah it was a tough game, and like i said afterwards it was heartstopping stuff looking at walsh's kick just scrape over, only disappointment i have was the amount of uncontested dropped passes from my recievers who are all rated in the high 80's for catching, Lucks completion rate should've been alot better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Cheers Perrin, yeah it was a tough game, and like i said afterwards it was heartstopping stuff looking at walsh's kick just scrape over, only disappointment i have was the amount of uncontested dropped passes from my recievers who are all rated in the high 80's for catching, Lucks completion rate should've been alot better.

I thought alot of drops were a case when they caught it there were hit almost immediately after causing the drops.I do remember alright a few drops alright where guys dropped it in the open which was bad luck.
    Also we could have picked each other off a heap of times in the 1st 3 quarters I thought,my disappointment came in the 4th where I left behind 3 realtively easy picks(Jackson pick was 50/50),1 where my saftey came up on a curl route and he decided to bat it away(the pass came so quick I couldn't user him),other time I usering my MLB and the pass was throw to him and he fumbled it and the other where you threw the TD to Jackson,one of my guys flew out there and missed it by an inch.
    The int I did get was by far the hardest of the lot,maybe it was because my D was so tired I dunno.
    You did a really good job of moving the ball the field which really tired them out.
    Also I hate Luck,he must have rushed for at least 3 first downs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I thought alot of drops were a case when they caught it there were hit almost immediately after causing the drops.I do remember alright a few drops alright where guys dropped it in the open which was bad luck.

ah yeah i did drop a few after been hit, but there was a few i can remember Collie a couple of times, Edelman the same, Jackson on a 3rd when a 1st down was at his mercy, all uncontested, yeah we had a fair share of dropped INT's, i suppose we basically cancelled each other out until Walsh's 53 yard FG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Vikes at titans

Titan score easy, get a ff and fr on the KO, the throw a Redzone int, long harvin TD. Johnson TD. Titans pick it off, Johnson TD. Titans force a fumble. ht and titans up by 14. Titans throw a pick. FG vikes. Wright catches and fumbles. Vikes TD inside the 2 min warming, they go for 2, they get it. Titans get the win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Vikes at titans

Titan score easy, get a ff and fr on the KO, the throw a Redzone int, long harvin TD. Johnson TD. Titans pick it off, Johnson TD. Titans force a fumble. ht and titans up by 14. Titans throw a pick. FG vikes. Wright catches and fumbles. Vikes TD inside the 2 min warming, they go for 2, they get it. Titans get the win

What's wrong heli? That the shortest review of a game ever ! ..... You ok ?!?!!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What's wrong heli? That the shortest review of a game ever ! ..... You ok ?!?!!?

Was on mobile!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Was on mobile!

No excuse, you are the boss now, lead by example!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams get walloped 35-14 by the Eagles.

All the pre game focus for the Rams was stopping record breaking WR Desean Jackson from going to town on the Rams CBs.
    Should have had a 2nd and 3rd plan as TE Keller had a great game, and the one-two punch from the Eagles backfield killed the Rams D.

The game was over in the 3rd qtr as the Eagles were 35 points ahead and were punting the ball back to the deflated Rams time and again.
    A day where nothing really went right for Bradford and co., with the QB tossing 6 INTs and a number of fumbles from players.

Plus points for the Rams:
    Bradford throwing nearly 400yds.
    A.J. Green and Shady McCoy with 150yds each.
    DeSean Jackson kept quiet-ish.
    0 sacks given away by the Rams O-Line.

Good game Eagles, learnt a good deal from the game and became a lot more familiar with the new playbook I've chosen to go with this season.

Thanks for the game and good luck with the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

AFC North football here!!

Battle of the punters in Cleveland and two FGs from the Browns kicker Josh Brown put Cleveland up 6-0 at halftime

Some great goaline D from the Steelers.
    The Browns could drive into the redzone but just could not take score a TD!
    This would ultimately cost them the game

Steelers drove back and tied and then took the lead inside the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter.

Browns GM was watching youtube clips this morning on how to spread linebackers and shut down stretch plays.
    It largely worked, Steelers with 13 attempts for 47 yds.

However Browns secondary had no answer for Big Ben and the WR corp.
    Browns were nervous about being burned deep by Mike Wallace but by playing off he & Antonio Brown were putting up 12 yd curl routes all day long.
    Legaux the TE had a good game also, 6 catches 101 yds

Browns GM frustrated at his recievers failing to get open. Steelers pash rush had me rushing too though.
    My TE was wide open in the 4th quarter but I rushed the pass and overthrow him :(

However confidence is boosted at the speed of my run defense and pass rush.
    Lots of hard hits, 4 forced fumbles & 2 fumble recoveries.

If those other fumbles were recovered I think it would be a different score.
    But that's football for you! ;)

Browns are 1-1
    Steelers go 2-0

MVP
    Mike Wallace 8 catches 103 yds. Most dangerous player in the division imo.
    He didn't score but he was involved all day

Sorry for no mic etlovestd. Our best game yet I think

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

No doubt Mike, smashing match.

I have to say I'm disgusted with my receivers, 5 drops and 4 fumbles. Not good enough for a team with playoff aspirations.

Your run defence was awesome as always, and you really frustrated me keeping the lid on the passing game. Somehow, Ben ended up with 340 yards, no idea how that happened.

As I said in my season preview, I'm expecting big things from The Browns!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Packers got their a$$ handed to them by the Jaguars.

Jaguars defence confused the Packers on nearly every play. Packers mixed up formations to try and get some joy but simply got stuffed to a total of 12 points (2 of which were a muffed return safety) and a kickoff return of 60 yards was their best play in the first play of the game. Jags took an early lead and never looked to be in danger.

God bless the others in the AFC South.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Packers 12-31 Jaguars.

Derek Cox picking off Aaron Rodgers on the 2nd play of the game set the trend for the following 4 quarters, Rodgers would throw 5 picks. MJD punched it in, and after forcing a punt he on D, the Jags got a 14 point lead through MJD once again. A good drive by the Pack was held to a field goal, but on the kick off, rookie HB Justice Lewis decided to overrule Josh Cribbs and attempt to field the kick off, he never caught it and Cribbs dived on the ball in the endzone and then showed the agility of an 80 year old man in getting up, by which time the Packers smothered him in the endzone for a safety, thanks Madden!

The Jags never let that get to them however, and a nice 60+ yard TD pass to Hakeem Nicks, followed by MJD's hat-trick, meant the Jags took a 31-5 lead into the 4th Q. Rodgers connected with Nelson to finally end the drought, but it was not enough as MJD ran the clock out.

Tebow: 10/14 230 yards 1 TD.

MJD: 22 att for 108 yards 2TD.

Derek Cox, 3 INT's.

Good game Nelbert. Cox in particular had WR hands on defence for me, I felt like every time you got a bit of momentum an INT popped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Packers 12-31 Jaguars.

Derek Cox picking off Aaron Rodgers on the 2nd play of the game set the trend for the following 4 quarters, Rodgers would throw 5 picks. MJD punched it in, and after forcing a punt he on D, the Jags got a 14 point lead through MJD once again. A good drive by the Pack was held to a field goal, but on the kick off, rookie HB Justice Lewis decided to overrule Josh Cribbs and attempt to field the kick off, he never caught it and Cribbs dived on the ball in the endzone and then showed the agility of an 80 year old man in getting up, by which time the Packers smothered him in the endzone for a safety, thanks Madden!

The Jags never let that get to them however, and a nice 60+ yard TD pass to Hakeem Nicks, followed by MJD's hat-trick, meant the Jags took a 31-5 lead into the 4th Q. Rodgers connected with Nelson to finally end the drought, but it was not enough as MJD ran the clock out.

Tebow: 10/14 230 yards 1 TD.

MJD: 22 att for 108 yards 2TD.

Derek Cox, 3 INT's.

Good game Nelbert. Cox in particular had WR hands on defence for me, I felt like every time you got a bit of momentum an INT popped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

guns4all wrote: »
    Rams get walloped 35-14 by the Eagles.

All the pre game focus for the Rams was stopping record breaking WR Desean Jackson from going to town on the Rams CBs.
    Should have had a 2nd and 3rd plan as TE Keller had a great game, and the one-two punch from the Eagles backfield killed the Rams D.

The game was over in the 3rd qtr as the Eagles were 35 points ahead and were punting the ball back to the deflated Rams time and again.
    A day where nothing really went right for Bradford and co., with the QB tossing 6 INTs and a number of fumbles from players.

Plus points for the Rams:
    Bradford throwing nearly 400yds.
    A.J. Green and Shady McCoy with 150yds each.
    DeSean Jackson kept quiet-ish.
    0 sacks given away by the Rams O-Line.

Good game Eagles, learnt a good deal from the game and became a lot more familiar with the new playbook I've chosen to go with this season.

Thanks for the game and good luck with the rest of the season.

Yeah it was a good game and despite the score it was closer then the score shows.

And bloody McCoy like I said to you i knew he would come back to haunt me. but happy with how my two running backs did.

Best of luck and yeah by the end you were getting to know that playbook

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

bengals 24 - 17 chiefs

chiefs fought hard and where 14 up early on
    bengals came back hard and leveled it up as the half closed.

second half was sloppy but managed to keep chiefs yo only a fg and squeezed out a td to seal the win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jets @ Patriots

Jets take it 35 -7

35 of the 42 points were scored in the 2nd quarter .

Mark Sanchez won it throwing the ball . The patriots run D was stout . However it left it open for quick passes . Sanchez had a QB Rating of 130.1 with 280 yards 2 TDs and an INT .

Although the Patriots D held its end of the game . Matt Cassel was only able to complete 5 passes . Slater had one of the better kick off returns I've see. Spinning out o a triple tackle and taking it to the house .

Hard luck Dave ! See ya later in the season !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Hammered the CPU Bills 37-3, had to miss a FG and punt from their two yard line just to avoid running up too big a score. Bills only had two plays gaining over 10 yards. They are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

buccs 45-14 saints

Buccs caught the saints on a bad day, Brees had a mare. 'nough said

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

I don't think Brees was at fault really. I made two bad mistakes but it was the fumbles that killed me and the fact my defense didn't seem to do anything. It was really the worst game of Madden 13 I have played and I don't feel that I did too much wrong. On D I know I called the right plays some times but my players just didn't do what they were meant to do. For one of your passes you passed to Jackson who was covered by two guys and they decided not to jump or go for the ball. He simply jumped up and caught it and that was what the whole game was like for me.

You played well though and made some good passes, not trying to take that away from you but just dismayed at the game really.

Another one was where I had a hold of you QB with one of my biggest DTs and he shrugged it off easily and then made a 20 yard pass.

[quote="Raoul;84586843"

Another one was where I had a hold of you QB with one of my biggest DTs and he shrugged it off easily and then made a 20 yard pass.[/quote]

I didn't even see this one, so used to my line giving me a load of time I was staring down the receiver and pad never vibrated. So when I pushed to pass and nothing happened I was like what the f? Looked down and pressed again and I see qb 5 yards deeper than he should be, spin around and fire one out to Jackson.

Ya I felt that one to Jackson in double coverage was the Only bad decision I made that should have been a pick. I didn't see the guy underneath until after the throw.

There was one across the middle too were you lb had gone a yard to far but I had timed that one for the pass to get there.

• Advertisement

all games are done..

Early advance without bringing forward the end of the next game week?

I dont think so, we'll have a few weeks where we finish early due to the volume of CPU games, we'd end up having a lot of boring weeks if we start that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I dont think so, we'll have a few weeks where we finish early due to the volume of CPU games, we'd end up having a lot of boring weeks if we start that

Well maybe just this time :p and yes, it's just so I can play you mr heli

Be all for early advance for one week only ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Shure jump over to the fantasy league then :D

I don't think Heli would have mentioned that all Human games were played unless deep down he wanted to advance early.

madalig12 wrote: »
    I don't think Heli would have mentioned that all Human games were played unless deep down he wanted to advance early.

Hey i'd love to! But i'd like the Raiders to have to wait for their a$$ kicking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Hey i'd love to! But i'd like the Raiders to have to wait for their a$$ kicking :pac:

Put your advancement where your mouth is and lets do this!

• Advertisement

Put your advancement where your mouth is and lets do this!

This thursday is going to the best Beers ever...

This one time.. i didnt advance early and DHB killed the Raiders :D:D

Advertisement