Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Limerick City

• 10-05-2013 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi there,

Myself and my boyfriend are looking for a place to live next September.
    It needs to be walking distance to Clare street for the Art College LSAD.
    I am moving out of student accommodation so I am a bit anxious about what places to live being used to the 'security' of previous years.

We would hope to get one or two people to live with us too.

Can anyone shed light on the best areas around there to live or to avoid? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

A lot of the LSAD crowd live here http://www.groveisland.com/ . It's meant to be quite nice.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

Hi, Thank you.

I was living there for the last 3 years and it is a great spot! but I am looking for a change in 4th year. Looking for else where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd have a look at house renting in the Corbally area too, prices have dropped considerably since the downturn and it's within walking distance.

Melena wrote: »
    Hi, Thank you.

I was living there for the last 3 years and it is a great spot! but I am looking for a change in 4th year. Looking for else where.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=728832
    I lived here for two years myself and loved it. Never had any trouble there. It's about a ten minute walk to Clare street.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1138050
    I had friends living in this place and again it was quite nice. There straight across the road from the Absolute hotel.

I have to say both those places look great! for €650 as well it would be ideal if we could get a third person!

How long did you live there? And what was the area like for both you and your friend @h3000?

• Advertisement

Melena wrote: »
    I have to say both those places look great! for €650 as well it would be ideal if we could get a third person!

How long did you live there? And what was the area like for both you and your friend @h3000?

I lived in Old Windmill for two years, moved out about two years ago and really liked it. We never had any trouble there. There was a caretaker on site during the day when I lived there. There was also security checks done at night. The only things that I did not like is that there is only one parking spot for each apartment and NCPS were clamping when I was there. Some of the apartments may be a bit small for a couple plus another person. There are a few that are huge though.

As for Abbey River I never remember them having anything bad to say about the place. There are in Australia now but I'll try to ask them if I get the opportunity.

Neither myself or my boyfriend drive so that won't be a problem.

I have emailed one of the property people anyway do get information on availability come the end of summer.

If you could get anymore information about Abbey River i would appreciate it.

It will be my first time dealing with bills such as electricity,heating and internet. So I wonder what it was like for you? it says basic internet and tv is included?
    So that is why the third person would help. Just the pain of finding someone!

I appreciate your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

I'd recommend Cherrydale court on the Dublin road across from Frank Hogans Garage. Close to parkway shopping centre, has a petrol station/shop and bus stop outside. 5 minute walk to art college. Well kept apartment block and rent is reasonable ..

I will look into there as well thank you. Think I would prefer to be between the college and the city centre however. (I know, whats 5 mins really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

niallers1 wrote: »
    I'd recommend Cherrydale court on the Dublin road across from Frank Hogans Garage. Close to parkway shopping centre, has a petrol station/shop and bus stop outside. 5 minute walk to art college. Well kept apartment block and rent is reasonable ..

Are there any buses serving that stop now that the bus to Brookfield has been withdrawn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

redron74 wrote: »
    Are there any buses serving that stop now that the bus to Brookfield has been withdrawn?

Eurobus passes there towards town once an hour (about 15 past I guess). No service at the other side towards UL though.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

were renting a house directly across from the art college, were moving out the end of august. so will be up for rent again then. real nice house with 3 beds and garden, pretty quite aswel except during LSAD rag week :rolleyes: but have never had any trouble!

Advertisement