Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you vent?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Play GTA and take my bitter hatred out on the poor people of Liberty City.

Or some soothing Slayer / Pantera:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Turn on caps lock

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I write a very angry and abusive note,then tear it up and set it on fire.:)

Very cathartic. (I love that word)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Go out on the bike and do a bit of interval training (5 minutes going full pelt, 5 minutes of a breather) for an hour or so....that or play something like Oblivion, Call of Duty whilst listening to Vivaldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I punch things. Or else play cod or go on a long walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

How does one gain access to the ranting/raving forum?

PM dr.bollocko, Fluorescence, Grand_Rajnah, Handsome Bob or keefg for access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

LizT wrote: »

Tell them you work in retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Anyone wrote: »
    Tell them you work in retail.

and you fist goats...

it's a very select club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Sign into boards are rant about Bono being an arsehole

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »

That's great, thanks Liz :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I follow the trend of every teenage girl (even though I'm a lad in my mid-20's) on Facebook, by updating my status with a serious of inane, drawn out and annoying rants.

Seeing those likes flooding in is a great healer to my anger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Gym and assault Mr punching bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Get a hammer. There are very few problems in life that can't be solved by hitting something with a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moofster

Either i go for a walk with my dog, or loose myself in a Youtube clicking vortex haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I like to listen to heavy metal music and lift some weights. It's a great release particularly since I have the habit of just bottling things up .

• Advertisement

What about sitting down with the person that caused the requirement to vent in the first place, and calmly explaining why they annoyed you. Tried it once or twice and I got better results than going around in a s**t mood for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

returnNull wrote: »
    thai boxing gym,cant beat venting against the pads!

Yep, nothing better than physical exertion to relieve tension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Systemic Risk

*Time to pretend I know what that word means*

Ya totally :)

:eek: did i type that first bit out loud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I rarely get stressed/angry. When I do get angry, I get this intense burning rage inside, and I just explode with a very aggressive and degrading verbal onslaught against others. I tend not to use violence because words can cut deeper, depending. I try to keep a cool head, but when I am wronged in certain ways I make sure I get revenge.

Its even worse because I am a very easy-going person usually and I tend to end confrontations among other people.

Just today, I was at school and because I have longish hair (I'm a lad) I got a few looks and some kid from a younger year laughed at me (god forbid I chose to look how I want to and don't have a near buzzcut like everyone else) while I was on my way to class. When I got into the classroom I could barely sit still and had to contain my urges to go back out and slam the kids head against the wall and beat him while he was down. Awful I know, but at the time I really wanted to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I rant to my flatmate, who is the calmest man on the planet and generally rationalises something that I haven't thought of. That or I go for a couple pints and have a laugh. No point in staying annoyed, only bothers yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    have a ****, get drunk, have another ****.

ah the good old wanky drinky technique!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Repeat that to yourself the next time you bang your toe in the dark :D

Or walk on a plug

Someday I dream of hacking into the census form and placing the word cathartic above catholic and see how many tick it.
    Moofster wrote: »
    i go for a walk with my dog!

+1000
    after 2 minutes you won't even remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I post in Ranting & Raving and yell at my computer/other inanimate objects in Spanish. Spanish is a great language for expressing anger :pac:

(¿QUÉ COÑO HACES?! HIDEPUTA ¡VETE A LA MIERDA Y DEJA DE ENOJARME!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Gym or sex. IF they aren't freely available, R&R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Larianne wrote: »
    Gym or sex. IF they aren't freely available, R&R.

What's R&R?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    What's R&R?

Ranting and Raving, it's a forum to go have a good auld whinge in :) See LizT's post above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I deep throat some hookers, smear my load on their knockers and rub it in with my asscheeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

I have recently been told I need to be more aware of the way I speak to people!
    over sensitive fcukwits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

orestes wrote: »
    Get a hammer. There are very few problems in life that can't be solved by hitting something with a hammer.

Even more problems could be solved by hitting someone with a hammer, several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I let it build like a pressure cooker and then usually unload on some poor fcuker for a minor slight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

By listening to music,I find it great for releasing any anger that I have inside of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭justaskin likeyakno

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I am not angry about what I was angry about anymore. I ate a whole load of junk food: half a pizza, half a bag of chips with mayonnaise and half a 1.5 litre bottle of coke!:o Now I feel sad, fat, bloated, ashamed and disappointed in myself for eating disgusting junk food. It wasn't even good.

Good old anger shoved under a rake of food to fester for another day, and it's not even gone, it's lurking behind the self loathing now. I'm not having a go at you either, I did this to.

Now I chop wood or shoot sh!t, I used to do something else too but wouldn't be allowed say it here;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

with a nice big fat rollie of the green stuff. :) mmm

Advertisement