Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'24: Live Another Day' Confirmed!

• 10-05-2013 2:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Via Deadline: The clock may start ticking again on Fox. I’ve learned that the network is looking to bring back signature real-time drama 24 as a limited series. Kiefer Sutherland is in early talks to reprise his Emmy-winning role as Agent Jack Bauer. No deals are in place, but Fox is eying 24 as part of its recent push in limited event series. Since 24 ended its eight-season run on Fox in 2010, there has been an effort to continue the story as a feature, which ultimately didn’t take off. I hear the idea is to start from scratch with a new story arc that will likely be supervised by former 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, who is under a deal at 20th Century Fox TV. 24 is produced by 20th TV and studio-based Imagine TV.

^ never watched the show, but good for the fans...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I hope it comes back, i watched that show religiously when it was on television,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yikes Richard, nearly missed this due to you bumping 30 other threads in the forum. :)

I'd love to see this show back on our screens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Mr E wrote: »
    Yikes Richard, nearly missed this due to you bumping 30 other threads in the forum. :)

I get paid €0.00001 cent per posting, i'll be able to buy a Twix soon :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As I've said elsewhere, don't think I ever finished the final season.

Real "peaks and troughs" stuff for the final few years..

It'd still be good to see it return.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

same as basq, it's still sitting on one of my harddrives I think. I loved the show, but after the writers strike that caused a season to be delayed by a year it didn't feel the same again.

Good news in any case, jack bauer is the man :P and hell, Kim might soon be freed to reprise her role of running and tripping and running some more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

We may hear that "Thousands of lives are at stake" once more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Let's face it, it's a better Kiefer show than Touch! I want to see it back too. I'd love if they got Donald Sutherland on it as well, as Jack's dad!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Jack's dad was already on the show ;) already a well cast actor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Was he? I don't remember that! Who played his dad?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

James Cromwell

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcvHI-VdonBF-BUd3biDc_5K7UUdj6d6zR-sTkmD3vvubOT2mZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What ever happened with the movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Best news iv heard all year. Hope they dont kill him off at the end.

I hope they don't do it but I know saying that, that I'll be glued to my chair for every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Damm it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I cant remember, did Tony Almeida end up being the good guy or survive?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

miralize wrote: »

I thought he ended up on Stargate :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

miralize wrote: »

He got shot in the neck in an early season but recovered in the space of about 6 hours,in a later season he died,but as it turned out he wasn't actually dead and he turns up as a bad guy,except he was only pretending to be a bad guy when in fact he was undercover but then it turned out he was only pretending to be a good guy while pretending to be the bad guy the first time,and was a bad guy because some lad had killed his wife and he ended up being arrested and that was the last that was seen of him.

Something to that extent anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

24 SSDS

Same **** different series . It's X owe no it's not X was working for Y owe no Y was really working for Z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Bugatti

Apparently producer David Fury has now confirmed via twitter that 24 will return as a 12 episode series:
    http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/24-producer-david-fury-confirms-shows-return/307462

With only 12 episodes do you think the show will keep the real time format and have the storyline play out over a 12 hour period or will the 12 episodes cover 24 hours? From what I heard the planned movie was to be set in a few different countries around Europe. I'd guess that if they had a solid storyline for the movie then thats what will be used for season 9.
    Basq wrote: »
    As I've said elsewhere, don't think I ever finished the final season.

I'd definitely recommend you watch all of season 8. The final 7/8 episodes was one of the show's best story arcs (imo!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Bugatti wrote: »
    Apparently producer David Fury has now confirmed via twitter that 24 will return as a 12 episode series:
    http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/24-producer-david-fury-confirms-shows-return/307462

With only 12 episodes do you think the show will keep the real time format and have the storyline play out over a 12 hour period or will the 12 episodes cover 24 hours? From what I heard the planned movie was to be set in a few different countries around Europe. I'd guess that if they had a solid storyline for the movie then thats what will be used for season 9.

I'd definitely recommend you watch all of season 8. The final 7/8 episodes was one of the show's best story arcs (imo!).

They'll have to rename it 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What ever happened with the movie?

They made a feature length DVD that was a story that bridged the gap between two seasons and sets up the story for the first episode of the last season, I think

Basically it was about Jack running around Africa taking on rebels and there was a child slavery element to it as well iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

They made a feature length DVD that was a story that bridged the gap between two seasons and sets up the story for the first episode of the last season, I think

Basically it was about Jack running around Africa taking on rebels and there was a child slavery element to it as well iirc

It was called redemption, basically 2 episode put together

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Deadline have confirmed Kiefer has now signed the contract for season 9 and it will be officially announced later today by Fox. I am bloody delighted that 24 will be coming back. Ok it is not up there with The Wire, Breaking Bad or The Sopranos in terms of writing and acting but as far as pure escapism and edge of your seat twists and turns go it is in a league of it's own imo and is easily the most addictive TV show I have ever seen. It will be strange with only 13 episodes but it means no filler sub-plots and should ensure the quality remains high throughout. It must be a very strong script for Howard Gordon to want to bring it back considering he is the showrunner of one of the top shows in the world (certainly in terms of awards with Best Drama at the Emmys and Globes) Homeland. I am curious to know how much Kiefer will be paid. He was on a whopping $550,000 an episode for the last three seasons so I wouldn't be surprised if he has negotiated even more considering it's nearly half the amount of episodes.

Entertainment Weekly now reporting it will be 12 episodes and will be called 24: Live Another Day, to premiere in May 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

24 was by far the best TV show during its first few seasons, however season 7 was poor, and I didn't even finish season 8.

When I start watching a new TV show I always ask myself "Is this better than 24 in its prime?", the answer has never been Yes.

24 was by far the best TV show during its first few seasons, however season 7 was poor, and I didn't even finish season 8.

When I start watching a new TV show I always ask myself "Is this better than 24 in its prime?", the answer has never been Yes.

Season 6 was by a mile the worst (apart from the first 4 or 5 episodes), I thought S7 was a big improvement tbh - same goes for S8 (especially the last four episodes which were incredible) but I agree that neither came close to 24 in it's prime. Season 5 is by far the best of the seasons for me - just incredible television

Pinkman wrote: »
    Season 6 was by a mile the worst (apart from the first 4 or 5 episodes), I thought S7 was a big improvement tbh - same goes for S8 (especially the last four episodes which were incredible) but I agree that neither came close to 24 in it's prime. Season 5 is by far the best of the seasons for me - just incredible television

Just went on wiki to check what season was which and I cant agree more on Season 6. The first episodes were fine but it deteriorated significantly after that.

I thought the plot line of a fictional African military group burrowing their way into the White House in Season 7 was too far gone, even for 24. It ruined it for me.

I guess I better complete Season 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Hopefully this 12 episode season is simply testing the waters for the demand of a return of 24. If it records big numbers and a solid number of viewers at a consistent level, FOX will order a full season. Or, a full twenty-four episodes for season 10.

Obligatory: "Damn it, Chloe!" Can't wait to see this return! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Great news once they don't mess it up in the new format.....Bauer will be back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just saw this on Facebook.
    FOX has ordered 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY, a thrilling new tent-pole event series set to restart the clock on the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning drama franchise starring Kiefer Sutherland. Produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and Howard Gordon’s Teakwood Lane Productions, 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will make its historic debut in the summer of 2014 on FOX.

The announcement was made this morning by Kevin Reilly, Chairman, Fox Broadcasting Company; Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen, Twentieth Century Fox Television; and Brian Grazer, Chairman, Imagine Entertainment.

The high-octane saga will reunite showrunner Howard Gordon with Sutherland and retain the real-time, pulse-pounding, fast-paced format with split screens and complex interweaving storylines, with 12 episodes representing 24 hours. The suspenseful event series once again follows the exploits of heroic agent JACK BAUER (Sutherland), who will resume his story several years following the events of the final season.

“It’s great to have Jack back. ‘24’ redefined the drama genre, and as we reimagine the television miniseries, this iconic show will again break new ground for the network,” said Reilly. “The series remains a global sensation, and everyone at FOX is thrilled to be back at work with Kiefer, Howard and the incredibly creative ‘24’ team.”

“When Howard came to us saying he had an idea for a new chapter of ‘24,’ he quite simply had us at ‘hello,’” remarked 20th Century Fox Television Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden. “’24’ is a signature series for this studio, beloved by critics and audiences worldwide. Howard’s idea to revive the franchise as an event series couldn’t be timelier, and with the brilliant Kiefer Sutherland on board to reprise his iconic role, we can’t wait to get started.”

Added Imagine Television Chairman Brian Grazer, “I'm both excited and proud that Howard, Kiefer, and I, along with ours partners at 20th and Fox, have this new opportunity to give ‘24’ fans what they've been asking for – more Jack Bauer. It's been my experience that people love Jack Bauer because he's a guy who cuts through the red tape and gets the hardest things done. I am certain 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will again have a huge impact on our culture.”

“The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before,” noted Sutherland. “To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint. Great thanks to 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and the FOX network for this opportunity. Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off. See you soon.”

“Jack Bauer has always been an exciting, thrilling character, and I confess that I’ve missed him. I think the audience has too,” said executive producer Howard Gordon who served as showrunner for most of the series’ run and won multiple Emmy Awards for his work. “The character has evolved through the years, and this new and exciting event series format is perfect to tell the next chapter of his story and continue to reflect how the world is changing. Fans can rest assured that the Jack they know and love will be back.”

Originally premiering November 6, 2001, ‘24’ was nominated for a total of 73 Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006. Over eight seasons, Kiefer Sutherland garnered seven Emmy Award nominations and one win for Outstanding Lead Actor – Drama Series. While the series gained global recognition, Sutherland’s portrayal of the legendary character penetrated the American psyche like no other dramatic television character to become part of the cultural lexicon.

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television in association with Teakwood Lane Productions. Howard Gordon, Brian Grazer and Kiefer Sutherland will executive produce, along with an additional team to be announced. The original series, which had its last American broadcast on May 24, 2010, was created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Via Deadline: The clock may start ticking again on Fox. I’ve learned that the network is looking to bring back signature real-time drama 24 as a limited series. Kiefer Sutherland is in early talks to reprise his Emmy-winning role as Agent Jack Bauer. No deals are in place, but Fox is eying 24 as part of its recent push in limited event series. Since 24 ended its eight-season run on Fox in 2010, there has been an effort to continue the story as a feature, which ultimately didn’t take off. I hear the idea is to start from scratch with a new story arc that will likely be supervised by former 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, who is under a deal at 20th Century Fox TV. 24 is produced by 20th TV and studio-based Imagine TV.

^ never watched the show, but good for the fans...:)

it good etiquette to actually link to publication your quoting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

To all those who didn't finish season 8....

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Seriously, watch it, it was amazing... well the last few episodes anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I think I might start from Season 1 :)

Which season opened with David palmer...errr well, you know ;)

Which season opened with David palmer...errr well, you know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Excellent. Happy Endings has been cancelled so "Kim" is available for cameo.

Have we all forgotten that Jack is a granddad now ?

Wonder how they'll get him out of retirement ? It's got to be the grandkid being kidnapped, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

OU812 wrote: »
    Wonder how they'll get him out of retirement ? It's got to be the grandkid being kidnapped, right ?

Opens on a big terrorist attack, people panic as the muslim/russian/korean (delete as applicable) terrorists have a whole cache of nuclear weapons/nerve agent/anthrax (delete as applicable) and are threatening to use them unless [INSERT DEMAND] is met within 24 12 hours.

The whole US government, with the most sophisticated spying and intellegence network in the world are at a loss to stop the next attack, suddenly a small sliver of information is discovered about the main terrorist, years ago he carried out a mission/was captured by/lost his family to (delete as applicable) Jack Bauer. Great, except that nobody knows where Jack is except Chloe/Kim/Tony (delete as applicable) and they are "through with being used by the Government"....

Personally I can't wait! DAMMIT CHLOE I NEED THOSE SCHEMATICS NOW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Now all we need is Almeida back! Howard Gordon, make it happen!

Introduce a cyborg Nina and I'm all in :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Kim can f**k right off, Cant stand her head.

The writers or Jack should have killed her off seasons ago.

Season 8 was very good, some of my favourite scene from 24 were in that bad boy

• Advertisement

Season 8 was very good, some of my favourite scene from 24 were in that bad boy

Loved Day 8 too, this is easily the best scene from the entire season:
    http://vimeo.com/12161573

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Scylla wrote: »
    Loved Day 8 too, this is easily the best scene from the entire season:
    http://vimeo.com/12161573

Outstanding. They pulled off a corker of a scene there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Great scene. Pretty sure the beast would be equipped with an emergency oxygen system or gas masks though :)

That was a great season. Logan was a great bad guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Only 12 episodes, but the real-time format remains... that can only mean that the less interesting hours will be skipped.

It'll be rather strange, though, to see the events in one episode take place between, say, 7am and 8am, and the events in the next episode take place between something like 10am and 11am instead of between 8am and 9am...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Could it mean 12 2-hour episodes? That would be a fantastic way to watch it, I always loved the double episodes they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

GREAT that is coming back, very coincidental it comes as the news that Kiefer's other show Touch has been cancelled.

Would be great to see Donald Sutherland play a part. He has the most distinctive voice, (along with James Earl Jones possibly) in cinema IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Cant f***in wait !

Almedia has to come back also

Roll on May 2014 1

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

stevenmu wrote: »
    Could it mean 12 2-hour episodes? That would be a fantastic way to watch it, I always loved the double episodes they did.

Most of the articles I've read say that certain hours are going to be skipped - which would mean that each episode will still be one hour long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Will 12 Hours be enough time to resolve the initial threat AND expose the mole?

I hope they dont bother too much with the Presidents' story (probably not Taylor) and just focus on Jack tearing sh1t up. Logans story in S5 was the only one that i really enjoyed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement