Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'24: Live Another Day' Confirmed!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Bugatti

Just watched the Superbowl teaser. Would I be right in thinking that what we see in those few seconds is not actual footage from the show and was just about promoting the new season? Quality isnt the best, some dodgy CGI but thats fine if it was just something they put together for the Superbowl.

One thing that has raised my hopes about the new season is this interview with Kiefer Sutherland:
    Sutherland recently told Vulture that Live Another Day aims to "get back to that very personal first season" of 24.

"Remember that episode in the first season when Jack was held up in that little construction shack because he can't get outside? The whole episode, he's in there. It was awesome," he explained.

"Later on, Howard [Gordon] and I used to sit and drink and go, 'I remember when it was small, man. When we were doing the drama, the stuff that made people feel'."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Looks like Kim at 23 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

OU812 wrote: »
    Looks like Kim at 23 seconds.

Looks more like Yvonne Strahovski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Love Heller :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Longer trailer:

Looks as exciting as ever, cant wait.

Don't know whether to watch them as they come out or rack them up for binge watching & risk spoilers...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Premiere on 5/5/14 (5+5+14=24, love it :D )

Another trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/04/sky1-simulcast-24-live-another-day-premiere/

Sky1 is to simulcast the two-hour premiere of 24: Live Another Day with its US broadcast on Fox, BSkyB announced today.
    With the announcement, 24: Live Another Day will now premiere on Sky1 in the UK on Tuesday May 6th at 1am. The opening two episodes will then be repeated on Wednesday May 7th at 9pm – the series’ regular time-slot in which all subsequent episodes will air. The premiere episodes will also be made available after Wednesday’s broadcast via Sky’s On-Demand services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bump.

Just a reminder Jack is back tomorrow monday night/tuesday morning with the live simulcast on sky 1 for anyone wanting to stay up :D

It's a double episode as well :D

There's a behind the scenes on sky tonight I think. Gonna avoid it though. No spoilers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Bump.

Just a reminder Jack is back tomorrow monday night/tuesday morning with the live simulcast on sky 1 for anyone wanting to stay up :D

It's a double episode as well :D

Thanks for that didn't realise it was back so soon can't wait.
    Anyone know if it's on every week now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Apart from sporting events, is this the first time a UK or Irish channel has done a simulcast of a show?

Did Sky simulcast the Lost finale or did I dream that?

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Apart from sporting events, is this the first time a UK or Irish channel has done a simulcast of a show?

Game of Thrones was simulcast.

The Lost Finale was a simulcast on Sky 1 as well. You didn't dream that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fringe finale was simulcast too.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Basq wrote: »
    Fringe finale was simulcast too.

Really? I wouldnt have thought it had the viewership to justify that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Really? I wouldnt have thought it had the viewership to justify that.
    I'd say they were welcome to have it - since it's airing at 1am in the morning, it's either that or another episode of "Banged Up Abroad"..

• Advertisement

Anyone else staying up for this? Im off tomorrow so Im tempted.

Anyone care to try and sum up seasons 1-8 in twenty words or less? :pac: Over the past ten years Ive tried a complete rewatch twice and Season 3 always stops me in my tracks, its woeful.

Mind you, Season 5 is almost worth a rewatch on its own!

Anyone else staying up for this? Im off tomorrow so Im tempted.

Anyone care to try and sum up seasons 1-8 in twenty words or less? :pac: Over the past ten years Ive tried a complete rewatch twice and Season 3 always stops me in my tracks, its woeful.

Mind you, Season 5 is almost worth a rewatch on its own!

Yeah i'm def staying up, getting up for work will be killer tomorrow, but it'll be worth it.
    Theres a few recaps on youtube, heres the shortest:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-FDoRmT3Mg
    Though in an interview, one of the writers said it's almost possible to treat this as a stand alone.

(Btw, all the cool kids are over in the 24 forum :P)

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Though in an interview, one of the writers said it's almost possible to treat this as a stand alone.

Interesting! I purposely havent watched any of the trailers for this new season and all I really know about it is its set in London.

(Btw, all the cool kids are over in the 24 forum :P)

I checked a few minutes ago, there's only 2 people online in there, and I was one of them! :pac:

PS: lets hope its the Chuck version of Yvonne Strahovski that shows up rather than the Dexter one. At least in Chuck she could ever so slightly act.

Still though ....

Yvonne-Strahovski-Maxim-Australia-March-2012-05.jpg

Interesting! I purposely havent watched any of the trailers for this new season and all I really know about it is its set in London.

I checked a few minutes ago, there's only 2 people online in there, and I was one of them! :pac:

It's just the Jack and Audrey stuff that carries over mostly.
    Brief summary (Huge spoilers):
    Day 4:
    Jack and Audrey start out in love, Jack rescues her and the Sec Def (her dad) from terrorists, Audreys ex husband Paul shows up, ends up getting shot and Jack forces the surgeon in ctu to sacrifice Paul to save another wounded terrorist, season ends when Jack fakes his own death.
    Day 5:
    Jack comes back with another woman, Diane, she leaves, Jack tells Audrey he still loves her...blah blah blah, end of season Jack gets kidnapped by the Chinese
    Day 6:
    Jack is told Audrey was killed in a car crash in china while looking for him, turns out she wasnt but was tortured and heavily brainwashed, Jack rescues her but her dad (The president in Day 9) tells Jack to skedaddle because he's 'cursed', jack says goodbye to a fairly comatose Audrey.
    And thats it...until tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just finally got round to watching this over the last couple of days. And OMG Brilliant. wish it was done over the 24 episodes but I thought it was still brilliant.
    Jack has to be the unluckiest SOB in the world.
    and Audrey!

Loves Stephen Fry as the PM and it was cool to see Jo from Spooks make an appearance too.

Must do another 24 run through :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement