Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB discounts v Bord Gais

Options
  • 10-05-2013 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Taking a look at the various companies offering electric and gas to see if there are better offers out there. I can see ESB offer a discount for dd and one for online billing for electricity, bringing them under the amount I'm currently paying BG. Does anybody know if these discounts are available to all (I'd be a returning customer) and how long they last (ie is it just the first year or anything). The only reason to stay with BG at the moment is that I can use Tesco vouchers on my bills and I get points in return - there's no discount for ob or dd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Try the Talk to...thread. Electric Ireland are very active on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Good idea. Any chance of a move, mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi corblimey,

A customer who switches to Electric Ireland for electricity can avail of an 8% discount off units used - direct debit mandatory. And the customer can avail of a further discount of 2% off units used, for having online billing with us (eliminating paper billing).

A customer who switches to Electric Ireland for both electricity and gas can avail of the above applied separately to each fuel.

Further details and online switching facility here: https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/pricePlanDual.htm

Do let us know if you require any further information.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks for the response Una.  Can you tell me if this is for the life of the account, or an introductory offer for new customers only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again corblimey,

No problem. These discounts have a specific expiry date. At the moment it is 30th June 2014. After this date, customers can contact us to have a new price-plan applied to their accounts, which will also have an expiry date, and so on. Another term of the price-plan is that an exit fee of €50 applies should a customer change to another supplier before the expiry date.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement