Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to edenderry

Options
  • 10-05-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I was wondering could anybody give me an idea of the best primary school/s in edenderry offaly? I'm not from the area so have no idea. I know there's 1 coed catholic scoil bhride. St marys boys and girls, a gaeilscoil and an COI school. I like the idea of co-ed schools but the co-ed ones aren't as long established I think!!! Also good things to do there?!!!! ðŸ˜႒

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Hurricane Martial arts run kickboxing classes several evenings a week for all ages in Edenderry. Consider sending your kid there first then move on to choice of local school.:) Might "ease" the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I asked the question on facebook for you Amy, and this is the answer I got.
    I'm gonna sound biased here but the 2 St Mary's schools r great. I'm not running the other ones down but they are long established and have great sports teams in them if the kids r into sports. There also won't be able lot of upheaval on the kids as will be when the other schools eventually get their new building and have to move and settle into. Just my opinion.

hope that helps in some small way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amy100

Quazzie wrote: »
    I asked the question on facebook for you Amy, and this is the answer I got.

hope that helps in some small way.

Thanks. I know the st.marys schools have a long tradition. They seem like great schools. I just would prefer co-ed the whole way through primary school rather than the boys and girls separate from 2nd-6th. I suppose the secondary schools are co-ed. Will go into the schools and see what vibe I get I think. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ariane66

I have 2 little girls attending the Gaelscoil in Edenderry. They love it, great sense of community within the parents body so good if you are moving in the area and don't know anyone. Teachers are all very nice and committed to the kids. New school building due to be ready in Sept. I highly recommend the school and I am a non-national with no knowledge of Irish yet ican still help with the homework. The kids are very proud of being able to speak fluently another language and even if kids get in from English school they do pick up the Gaeilge very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 galilejus

Hi everyone,
    just would like to get an opinion about Edenderry like a living place. Is it quite,noisy,bad people and ect. Please,every ones opinion is very important. Whats about apartaments in Granary Court? Thank you to every one

• Advertisement
Advertisement