Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet woes..

• 10-05-2013 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Changed to Magnet because they are offering soon the fatpipe fibre in my area..

In the meantime i received normal Magnet DSL connection, that worked fine couple of days, and then went dead..

When logging in to modem (Technicolor TG730) it is syncing with DSL and computer is getting valid IP address, but there is an error message in the modem

No ATM activity detected on your DSL line

Checked from internet at this seems to point in some fault/configuration error either in exchange or at the ISP end.

Have been talked to Magnet several times, and today they proudly told me that it is internal wiring fault.. I insisted that this is not the case, phone is working perfectly, line is syncing, it worked for several days, modem was changed to new etc etc..

Has anyone else had similar problems with other IPS's or with Magnet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Called back to the customer service and explained what might be causing this and repeated the error message.. friendly chap there answered, and promised to check again, and 15mins later my internet was back on.. :P

Advertisement