Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended reads?

Options
  • 10-05-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Well guys to be honest I didn't fully respect comics or graphic novels as true art (how arrogant I know!) but I finished Watchmen (very very very good :D) Maus which was the few works ever either books or movies that induced tears and it really impressed me. Plus its super clever which mice as jews so simple you would smack your head that you didnt think of it and it is reminiscent of Animal Farm. Truth be told im a little hooked and I thought i would get your opinion before I go out and buy a hape of comics! But yea I heard Frank Millers Comic on the Joker is amazing and Alan Moore of course (V, League ect) but is their any that you wouldnt ordinarily hear of that ye would recommend?? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

There's a few threads in the comics Forum already with some really good lists. Worth checking out!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056906121

Since then, Celtic Warrior's come out though and it's worth a look. It's a graphic novel telling the story of Cu Chulainn, all over the local comic book stores and some of the larger chains at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paglynncashel

nice i actually saw that one, I may be wrong in saying this but was the artist the same guy who did the 1916 one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Different guy, same publisher

Check out Brian K Vaughan's "Y, the last man"

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Thwip! wrote: »
    Different guy, same publisher

Check out Brian K Vaughan's "Y, the last man"

It's a guy from Cork doing the Celtic Warrior, Will Sliney.

I'm not plugging the book for profit or anything, it's just that I can see it on the shelf from my seat!

Advertisement