Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview prep

• 10-05-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I have an interview in IT Tallaght next week, has anyone any tips as to what to expect. It is my first 3rd level interview, am a little nervous.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Try not to be too nervous. Bring in any paperwork you have (certs, awards etc. ) so you have them to hand to refer to.

What are you interviewing for as that may help giving more specifics. It's not like a job interview so try to relax a little if you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stefano Di Giorgio

Hi, I applied for 5 courses in total, level 7 + 8, 2 in social care, 3 in management.
    I returned to education 2 year ago as a mature student and I just completed a level 5 in social studies. I have the 1 interview for all. I do have several certs now and a couple of good references.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I didnt even go for my interview and still got accepted. That shows you exactly how important they are! Dont do anything stupid during it and you'll likely be fine.

I didnt just not show up, I ended up stuck down the country on the day. Said nothing and it didnt matter in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Went through this whole thing last year, seriously don't worry.

I did it, you'll be interviewed by two people and they will have all the info you sent in on front of them and will basically ask you to explain it a little bit further.

Their will be plenty of other people doing the interview aswell, their was about 5-6 pair of interviewers when I did it, lasts about 15 minutes.
    Best advise I can give is to be confident in what you are saying, know what you are going to say but stay calm. No need to get worried, their where people I did a back to education course with in Tallaght prior to doing the interview that went for it and honestly I was shocked that they got their place, but they did.

So will you.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

Hey guys I have my interview on Tuesday I left school in 5th year 7 years ago but did a Plc course in business this year but did not finish the last few weeks due to personal probs I think I passed my bookeeping assignment which was 50% I'm.worried should I even bother turning up? I would be very happy for a reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

If you don't turn up then all they have to go on is what's on your application.

If you turn up you can talk about what you have achieved, the challenges you faced with the PLC and how you plan to overcome those and move on.

Turning up and talking can only help with your application.

I bottled it sadly i sent them an email to say i would not be able to attend but thank you for your reply and good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stefano Di Giorgio

Hey, I went for my interview and was told I was mainly been assessed for suitability for third level, I was only asked a small bit on actual course choices. It focused more on what I had done previously, my ability to commit, knowledge of financial supports, grants, how easily I can commute and what my long term
    goal is.

Hey, I went for my interview and was told I was mainly been assessed for suitability for third level, I was only asked a small bit on actual course choices. It focused more on what I had done previously, my ability to commit, knowledge of financial supports, grants, how easily I can commute and what my long term
    goal is.

Me too dude met a lovley woman who interviewed me and put me at ease straight away asked me the same stuff. I got accepted for my course today which I am thrilled about but I know I will have to knuckle down and study hard

Advertisement