Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old exp date on new licence

Options
  • 10-05-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Howya lads,
    Got my new licence in the post a few months back for one of my shotguns.

Only noticed the other day that they had re-printed the expiry date from the old licence onto the new one.

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

DubShooter wrote: »
    Howya lads,

Only noticed the other day that they had re-printed the expiry date from the old licence onto the new one.

I know of a fella that had the same, but another license with correct date was sent out automatically. If I was you, I would give the Firearms Policy Unit a call (01 6661911) and give them the details, they issue licenses, so will rectify the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DubShooter

Thanks for that, I'll give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Your local Gardaí can make the changes either and get a new one sent out to you with the correct date.

It's common for mistakes to happen but thankfully they are easily fixed.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Your local Gardaí can make the changes either and get a new one sent out to you with the correct date.

It's common for mistakes to happen but thankfully they are easily fixed.

Why bother your local Garda, when you can speak directly to the issuing authority ?
    They are civilians, no problem to discuss the error with and get it sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Invincible wrote: »
    Why bother your local Garda, when you can speak directly to the issuing authority ?
    They are civilians, no problem to discuss the error with and get it sorted!

Can the FPU re-print your license? I don't think they can as they are not the issuing authority, your local Super is (non-restricted anyway).

Either way, the above happened to me, rang my local Firearms Officer and he issued a re-print while on the phone to me. Came in the post 2 days later. Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

I think there was a problem through Blackrock Dublin which includes the likes of Dundrum but its easily fixed so wouldn't worry to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Vegeta wrote: »
    Can the FPU re-print your license? I don't think they can as they are not the issuing authority

They can, I had a licence come out with the wrong serial number on it. I rang them and he changed it on pulse over the phone for me and reprinted it I had it the next day. They are a great bunch of lads in there. They aren't civvies.

juice1304 wrote: »
    They can, I had a licence come out with the wrong serial number on it. I rang them and he changed it on pulse over the phone for me and reprinted it I had it the next day. They are a great bunch of lads in there. They aren't civvies.

Cool thanks, that's good to know, especially if your local station is only manned part time etc.

That is the very reason I ring them there is never anyone in my local station and when you do catch someone there they don't know what to do so leave it for the one lad that dose so it ends up taking weeks for even the simplest things to get done. Not their fault really but a major pain in the bum.

As said before, they are not desk bound Gardaí, but civilians working there!

• Advertisement

They are gardai, Sargent Green and an inspector.

That is the very reason I ring them there is never anyone in my local station and when you do catch someone there they don't know what to do so leave it for the one lad that dose so it ends up taking weeks for even the simplest things to get done. Not their fault really but a major pain in the bum.

Completely makes sense too. Good to know they have the ability to re-print.

I'd still highlight that the FPU are not the issuing authority though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'd class the FPU as being more aimed towards problems in terms of no "S" on the license, aiding in problem applications, etc. The reason for this being the local FO can re-print a license.

I understand about local FO's not always being available, and i'm not saying the FPU are "above" re-printing, but they would, in my mind, be more a problem solver than smaller/simpler issues such as license reprinting.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

DubShooter wrote: »
    Howya lads,

Ya it is a regular occurrence just give them a ring and they will sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DubShooter

Just onto the FPU there. Very helpful. New licence issued over the phone

Advertisement