Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhunt - PSN

Options
  • 10-05-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭

Coming next week to PSN! One of my favourite games ever. The Warriors will follow soon.

manhunt.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Brilliant Game!

manhunt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Is Manhunt 2 still banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

im surprised people like this game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

im surprised people like this game

Trolling or do you have a reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

guessing how much it will be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

thorbarry wrote: »
    Trolling or do you have a reason?

Not trolling , i thought the game was pretty poor back then and would imagine the game has not aged well over the years.

stealth genre been one of my favourites comparing manhunt to the mgs, splinter cells and dues ex , manhunt is nothing more than a game been sold on shock value and the way you execute people that brought controversy And what your parent hated you thought was cool. I believe thats why the game sold.

I remember the violence got super boring very fast, A.I was terrible and level design was repetitive and a story that served no purpose than it to kill or be killed for a snuff movie.

If people like it thats great, i just couldnt get into it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Excellent Game .. Banned then Ban lifted or was it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Not trolling , i thought the game was pretty poor back then and would imagine the game has not aged well over the years.

stealth genre been one of my favourites comparing manhunt to the mgs, splinter cells and dues ex , manhunt is nothing more than a game been sold on shock value and the way you execute people that brought controversy And what your parent hated you thought was cool. I believe thats why the game sold.

I remember the violence got super boring very fast, A.I was terrible and level design was repetitive and a story that served no purpose than it to kill or be killed for a snuff movie.

If people like it thats great, i just couldnt get into it at all.

Ha I actually agree :pac:

It was fun back then for a while... Maybe age hasn't been kind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Gomer Pyle wrote: »
    Is Manhunt 2 still banned?

Nope
    It got released after they changed some of tge death scenes. You can still buy it on play and also came out on the family friendly wii.

It was banned here to prove the point that anything that was banned in this day and age would have the ban overturned on appeal. Only no one bothered to challenge the ban and as such the ban remained

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought this was a god awful game as well. Once you get over the gory death scenes (should take all over 15 minutes for the over 16's) all you have left is a terrible stealth game.

Don't waste your money on it, the Warriors is supposedly out the same day and is a much much better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,844 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Manhunt was a great original game. Genuinely disturbing. I loved the whole snuff film vibe to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was banned here to prove the point that anything that was banned in this day and age would have the ban overturned on appeal. Only no one bothered to challenge the ban and as such the ban remained

Not sure where you got that from. It was never mentioned by the censor board.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure where you got that from. It was never mentioned by the censor board.

It came directly from the man who refused to classify it.

It came directly from the man who refused to classify it.

You got a reference to back it up?

If anything it was just them copying the british censors reaction to the game due to the tabloids.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I'm more excited for The Warriors. I remember enjoying it alot on the psp.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You got a reference to back it up?

If anything it was just them copying the british censors reaction to the game due to the tabloids.

It came from a number of interviews I did with those involved for a shirt documentary on the history of censorship in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

I enjoyed the game , thought it was different than anything else out at the time and had great atmospherics.

Though I can see why some might not like it , still have it somewhere might dust of the ps2 for a game :)

It came from a number of interviews I did with those involved for a shirt documentary on the history of censorship in Ireland.

Interesting, wouldn't mind seeing that. Seems like a rather weak excuse, perhaps covering their tracks on just following what the UK does in terms of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Its on the PSN now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Was hoping theyd release this in the classics, game is a masterpiece.
    I think the brutal deaths were just a hook/gimmick behind a solid psychological survival horror game.

Advertisement