Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need your help!!

• 10-05-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I got permission to post this request from anniehoo. :)

Bit of a random one this, but I work in a job which includes finding work experience placements for adults with intellectual disabilities. This year a couple of the guys I work with have expressed a desire to get experience working with animals. One woman wants any kind of experience (she works on her family farm a lot and manages it occasionally) and the other wants experience with dogs (she's had dogs all her life, but wants formal experience).

I was really wondering if anyone knows anyone, or any group, or is involved in anything that could help me get placements for them. They have the full support of a job coach at all times so there's lots of extra support for them. If you guys have any ideas of links, please PM me! I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

B&C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Perhaps a good place to start would be Festina Lente in Bray. They run a number of equine related programmes for people with intellectual disabilities. As they have their own programmes, I don't know if they would be in a position to taken on someone on a short term work experience placement, but it would probably be worth contacting them. If they don't have a placement, they may be able point you in the right direction
    http://www.festinalente.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Whereabouts are you?

Doh. Sorry, I'm in Dublin.

Advertisement