Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peace Commissioner - D15

Options
  • 10-05-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a peace commissioner for Dublin 15?

I called Blanchardstown Garda Station and they referrred to me a Thomas Leonard. We went there today and his wife told he's been dead 9 years. We called again and they said: no idea, call a local solicitor.

We tried a few and they all only know each other, as commissioner for oaths, and charge for it.

Any ideas who can give reliable information about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Stern wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a peace commissioner for Dublin 15?

I called Blanchardstown Garda Station and they referrred to me a Thomas Leonard. We went there today and his wife told he's been dead 9 years. We called again and they said: no idea, call a local solicitor.

We tried a few and they all only know each other, as commissioner for oaths, and charge for it.

Any ideas who can give reliable information about this?

Just took this from the department of Justice and Equality web-Site - maybe show this to the Gardai:

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/WP07000572
    Contacting a Peace Commissioner

The Roll of Peace Commissioners maintained by The Department of Justice and Equality is appointment based, and it is not automatically updated to take account of changes of address, incapacity, retirement or death which occur subsequent to appointment. In the circumstances, the Roll does not always reflect the actual position on the ground. For that reason, if you need the services of a peace commissioner, you should contact your local Garda station. The Gardaí use the services of peace commissioners in the course of their duties and should be in a position to supply the name and address of one who is both resident and active in the your locality. However, the Department will usually provide the name and address of peace commissioners to members of the public, on request.

Having said that, this is where I got a list from - a very kind and helpful lady there sorted me out:

http://www.blanchardstowncic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

iba wrote: »
    The Gardaí use the services of peace commissioners in the course of their duties and should be in a position to supply the name and address of one who is both resident and active in the your locality.
    Stern wrote:
    I called Blanchardstown Garda Station and they referrred to me a Thomas Leonard. We went there today and his wife told he's been dead 9 years

Not to make light of the poor woman's loss but this is typical keystone cops stuff from our (not poorly paid) boys in blue. I simply don't find them a credible or professional force.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hi I can PM you the contact details of a P.C, I know if you have not yet found one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

on main street i think its brennans insurances.. its beside the bicycle shop. no charge and professional

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Phone this place and they will email you a full list of everyone in Dublin 15:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

murphaph wrote: »
    Not to make light .....

Please stay on topic, your opinion has nothing to do with the OPs question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

2-3 years ago my mother needed an affidavit form stamped by a peace commissioner,she went to the Garda station in Blanch and they told her the peace commissioner worked in Blanch post office,so she went to the post office and found him working there,I cant remember if it was Blanch s.c or village P.O tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Rather then start a new thread. Has anyone used a peace commissioner recently? Can they recommend one? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

brightkane wrote: »
    Rather then start a new thread. Has anyone used a peace commissioner recently? Can they recommend one? Thanks

Not sure what you want one for, but I got forms stamped for my mothers nursing home application by the solicitors in the first bungalow on the main street on the corner of main st & clonsilla road for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

iba wrote: »
    Phone this place and they will email you a full list of everyone in Dublin 15:

They can also arrange a meeting with one in their premises as he goes there regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Stern wrote: »
    I called Blanchardstown Garda Station

Afraid this is the problem, they really couldnt be arsed even trying to help or being police, worst station in Ireland for me and sadly we are stuck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Coolest

Guys,

Did anyone found about who is Peace Commissioner in Dublin-15 area?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Advertisement