Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband and Phone - Problem

• 10-05-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have had sky broadband since the day it launched. Everything is great except the caller id on the phones. It worked for the first week or two, however it has stopped working and hasn't been working for the last few weeks.
    It has always worked with any other provider that I have been with and sky don't seem to know what the problem is.
    I have tried using different filters but it hasn't done anything.
    If anyone has any suggestions as to what I could try please share them.
    Thanks
    Thomas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Hi if you ring 0818719819 and get through to broadband support they will resolve your issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddybrowne

Hi,

I just signed up for Sky TV & Broadband with Talktime. Does the phone itself come as part of the package or must I buy a new phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

A friend of ours had this problem too.

Basically what happens is when Sky took over the line, they didn't order the service from eircom wholesale properly when they set it up again.

You need to get them to cancel and re-order your Caller ID service. That should sort it out.

There's absolutely nothing you can do yourself at your end, and the equipment at the exchange side hasn't changed. They've just forgotten to activate the service when they set you up so it was switched off by the exchange itself.

It's some kind of bureaucratic / IT system glitch rather than anything technical.

Your voice services are still being connected by the same eircom exchange they always were, it just routes the traffic through to BT Ireland (who operate Sky's network).

Your broadband is either provided by a BT Ireland DSLAM or by an Eircom Wholesale one. It just depends on whether BT Ireland have the equipment in the exchange or not. Either way, it makes no major difference to the end user.

Did your Friend get the phones free from Sky or what is the story there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

it's nothing to do with the phone handsets. the Caller ID service has just defaulted back to being switched off because they didn't request it when they took over the line.

ring the help line and they'll just order it again and you should have it back within at most 24 hours

• Advertisement

I do not have an issue with the caller id system. I have just ordered the TV, broadband and talktime pack. I am just wondering if the phones come as part of the pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Hi no the phone handset does not come supplied

Advertisement