Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in...knocknacarra

Options
  • 10-05-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Would anyone know what are nice housing estates in knocknacarra ? i hear good and bad about different places i.e portacarron, liosmor, ros ard etc, im thinking of buying but not from area

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

kenny78 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would anyone know what are nice housing estates in knocknacarra ? i hear good and bad about different places i.e portacarron, liosmor, ros ard etc, im thinking of buying but not from area

There's no substitute for driving around. In all honesty, there are very few estates that are not nice, but I suppose that all depends on how you define it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

posts split to own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Knockers generally is good. Is it for a family? Will you need a school etc?
    Have you been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kenny78

Hi,

Just very briefly driving up and down, It looks like a nice place, i was told portacarron, & liosmor & manor courtyard are nice housing estates but prices on daft seem high,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hi,

Just very briefly driving up and down, It looks like a nice place, i was told portacarron, & liosmor & manor courtyard are nice housing estates but prices on daft seem high,

Take a look at the property price index for actual selling prices

This year

Again, it depends what you deem as expensive. It's always going to be a toss up between price and location. There are plenty of places outside of knocknacarra that have lower prices but maybe not as desirable locations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 kenny78

Thanks for you Help !
    you wouldnt know of any " dont buy in areas" say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

Thanks for you Help !
    you wouldnt know of any " dont buy in areas" say

Council estates.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cleahaigh wrote: »
    Council estates.

Ok, probably a very stupid question here, but how does one identify a council estate when researching residential property online?.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

Cleahaigh wrote: »
    Council estates.

That's a very stupid reply to put up, some of the finest men and women in this City came from or are living in Council Estates, there is nothing wrong with them, I have friends in so called private estates and the sh..e they have to put up with from scumbags is driving them nuts.

OP don't be taken in by posters here some of them are childish. Take a look at the link below about Knocknacarra

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056931283

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hi,

As someone else already stated, what do you define as high? What's your budget?

I would suggest being prepared to spend 200-225K for a nice property in a good estate. If you do better, than good for you!

As summer is here a friend who is hunting in the area reports it's like the old days with multiple bidders and lots of people snapping up investment properties. It seems people are convinced we've hit the bottom and now plenty of people are shopping for a bargain.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement