Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S on license.

Options
  • 10-05-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

Well guys.

I got my approval letter for my renewals and new license. Renewals took 10 weeks and the new app took 2 weeks. :D

I applied for a mod on one renewal and on the new app. Does the grant letter show you are approved for the mod or have you to wait till the actual license comes out in the post.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You need to wait until the license arrives.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You have to wait for the actual licence to come out, I am waiting to see myself i applied for a mod on my renewal and an ammo increase. I was hoping it would have got here today as i paid for it on Tuesday it usually only takes two days for me to get them i'll be pulling my hair out all weekend.lol:D:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I'd love to be able to pull my hair out.

Actually now that you say it I applied for an ammo I crease on all my license it will be interesting to see all right. I paid them this morning so next week ill get them hopefully

Thanks juice & cass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

juice1304 wrote: »
    You have to wait for the actual licence to come out, I am waiting to see myself i applied for a mod on my renewal and an ammo increase. I was hoping it would have got here today as i paid for it on Tuesday it usually only takes two days for me to get them i'll be pulling my hair out all weekend.lol:D:P:pac:

Hold that thought paid for my licence 11th Apr still have not received the Licence proper on my third phone-call to FO see if it has been printed.Still no sign,At a loss at this stage very very slow with FAC's lately.

I have spoken to lads over the last few weeks, and with wrong dates needing reprinting, and licenses i some instances taking up to a month to be issued after paying there seems to be a slow down for some reason.

After saying that they have gotten it back to to speed as of late, but some areas are still experiencing delays. Just make sure to keep the grant, and receipt in case of any issues.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

Cass wrote: »
    I have spoken to lads over the last few weeks, and with wrong dates needing reprinting, and licenses i some instances taking up to a month to be issued after paying there seems to be a slow down for some reason.

After saying that they have gotten it back to to speed as of late, but some areas are still experiencing delays. Just make sure to keep the grant, and receipt in case of any issues.

I'm told the rifle can be picked up with the grant notice once there is a receipt of payment on it is that right.

It can be, but it's up to each dealer. Technically they should wait for the license, but when the receipt is attached to the grant then payment is made, and the license is on the way so it's pretty much the same thing as the license.

I usually wait for the license, but there is nothing to stop you ringing the dealer and asking him can it be collected in this manner.

I got my licenses back today s on it and ammo increase on two of them I didn't get the s on my license for the 22. I didn't get a refusal letter either I suppose just ring the FO and see what the crack is.

Ring, and ask was it an oversight. If you have it on other rifles then you must be deemed "safe". Might be as simple as a re-print.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

I applied for a Mod on my .22, got the license in record quick time with no "S" on it. I wasn't too fussed at the time so I didn't bother ringing the FO or anything and I expected a refusal letter for the Mod.

I never got one so I assumed it was granted and just not printed on the license. I started to want to try some Mod's to see how they would affect or improve accuracy etc. So I rang the FO to ask of he could check if I was refused or granted and he said it would take a few days to go through my application and that they don't normally grant Mod's for .22............

I don't know what to make of that but that's what he said. I kinda got the impression that he wasn't goin to check so I'm not gonna wait by the phone.

• Advertisement

Funny you say that I rang my FO today about my mod he said they normaly don't give mods for deer hunting. I told him it was on the 243 I got the the mod but not on the 22. Oh right he says took all the details and rang me back a while later and said he reissued my 22 licence approved with the mod. So happy days and a good result all around for me.

I have to say lads the FO s in kildare have always be very fair with me and any problems I've had. Credit give where credit due. It pays to be civil and respectful.

Advertisement