Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laura Mercier counter BTs?

• 10-05-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi all,

I've a wedding coming up and want to get my make up done in laura merciers BT limerick as i love their foundation.. anyone have any experience with laura mercier counters? would love to hear some feedback as I never do this and am terrified it'll come out wrong!
    also tried mac first but they're booked out and the wedding's not for another month!
    i'm 30 with quite dry skin so i want to be careful i don't end up looking like a teenager going to a disco... are the girls on these counters actually trained or would i be better off going to a beautician??
    any advice appreciated please!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I use Laura Mercier foundation, switched to it after years of using Bobbi Brown, I have very dry skin myself and use Creme Smooth Foundation, http://www.lauramercier.com/store/shop/Step%202:%20Apply%20Foundation_Crème%20Smooth%20Foundation_prod220012?currentSkuId=sku320012 it is fantastic for dry skin with light reflecting properties and loads of moisture included. Here is a swatch of all the different colours, http://karlasugar.net/2010/11/laura-mercier-creme-smooth-foundation/ I use Sunny Beige myself which is a light sunkissed colour. They have a few lighter shades there as you can see. I have used the counter in Harvey Nics in Dundrum and they all seemed very profession and helpful, would recommend them to anyone :)

Enjoy the wedding !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Laura Mercier makeup is lovely, I use Creme Smooth foundation also and find it great for my very dry skin. I had my makeup done at the LM counter in BT Limerick about a year ago, she did a lovely job and gave enough information on the products without being too pushy. If you're nervous i'd suggest you take a wander past the counter on a busy day when someone is getting their makeup done & see what you think.

If you're really concerned about qualifications then maybe get a makeup artist to do your makeup on the day, you'll know their qualifications and could see samples of their work beforehand - also the MUA might call to your house so less running around for you on the morning of the wedding.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do & enjoy the wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I had my makeup done for a wedding by LM in BT Limerick last year and turned out amazing. Everyone commented on it

Advertisement