Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro / Yen exchange rate

Options
  • 10-05-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Hope this thread is in the right place - sorry if not.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on what way the euro / yen exchange rate is going to go over the next few months? I know these things are uncertain, but some opinions from those who've seen similar things in the past would be very helpful. Unfortunately, I need to change yen to euro so I'm losing out big time at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A person who can accurately predict currency movement isn't going to be sitting at a screen dispensing free advice to anonymous people on the internet, they're probably sipping a Pina Colada in their beachouse in Bermuda!

The Japanese Central Bank has deliberately devalued the Yen to make their exports cheaper in order to stimulate the local economy, I don't think it will be going back up any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

coylemj wrote: »
    A person who can accurately predict currency movement isn't going to be sitting at a screen dispensing free advice to anonymous people on the internet, they're probably sipping a Pina Colada in their beachouse in Bermuda!

The Japanese Central Bank has deliberately devalued the Yen to make their exports cheaper in order to stimulate the local economy, I don't think it will be going back up any time soon.

Oh yea, I know it's completely unpredictable and I'm not expecting insider tips (although one can dream, eh?! :P)

My opinion would match yours after reading up on Japanese news and Abenomics as it's been dubbed. Probably will get worse before it gets better.. Decision time for me now. Thanks!

Advertisement