Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I love the summer hate the winter, cold wet and dark sucks.

Shattered today ran myself into a brick wall the last two days, was up at 6a.m again yesterday for work went from work to the gym then had the plan of taking it easy for the night but got home and realized a friend wa home from England for the weekend so went for a few sociables ones and ended up at a house party till a 6 or 7 this morning. Have to head out with work tonight so if anyone knows any miracle energy boosters throw them my way :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Don't turn up your nose, but carrot juice is your friend!! Blend some orange or pineapple with it to reduce the sour/bitter taste, but I found it a life saver in Oz. Plenty of ice too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Try a super smoothie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Or a cocktail :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

He's back in the pub so I assume he's woken up a bit. :pac:

Was in town today buying stuff for my holiday, pro life rally was on. A woman and her friends tried to hand me a pro life leaflet, I said 'no thanks,' and they immediately asked why I wouldn't take it. I said 'I'm pro choice, but thanks anyway' and they all started shouting at me that I'm 'scum' and that god would be my judge. I started laughing pretty loudly and said 'no he won't because I don't believe in any god' and pushed my way past, wetting myself laughing, while they shouted that I'm heathen scum. :pac:

Also bought myself an iPod, been years since I had one :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hurt my knee... bending looking in the fecking fridge of all things.

Lyn, I don't know how I'd restrain myself from punching one of them if they came near me so you're a better woman than I am. I know that all they're trying to do is rile people up but still...

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunny weather! I'm not a sun seeker at all so I can take it or leave it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

In the spirit of the immense heat out there

It's never too hot! I'm loving the sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Myself and himself just got McDonald's (a rarity!) and I got a happy meal so I could have the toy. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Me and my lil girl had a daddy daughter day out today.
    Went to the zoo this morning for a few hours. Seen feck all. Everything was hiding. Then collected my mate and his baby who's a few weeks old and went to the beach for a while aswell. Two of us came home black and shattered.
    Tomoro is me and the lads day out. Going to te beach tomoro and gonna bring a few drinks and bit of grub with us. Make a day of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Esoteric_ wrote: »

Was in town today buying stuff for my holiday, pro life rally was on. A woman and her friends tried to hand me a pro life leaflet, I said 'no thanks,' and they immediately asked why I wouldn't take it. I said 'I'm pro choice, but thanks anyway' and they all started shouting at me that I'm 'scum' and that god would be my judge. I started laughing pretty loudly and said 'no he won't because I don't believe in any god' and pushed my way past, wetting myself laughing, while they shouted that I'm heathen scum. :pac:

Got that before.Handed me a leaflet with pictures on it.I was with one of the kids and when I said I didn't want it they started the same **** with me calling me all sorts of scum etc.
    I took the leaflet and shoved into one of the older lads mouths-they shut up after that .Quite funny but I did almost get done for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Also bought myself an iPod, been years since I had one :)
    You ungodly fiend! :P

I remember someone that was part of the pro-choice thing tried to hand me a leaflet before, I said no thanks. They asked why, I said "I'm already pro-choice, I don't need any more convincing." Then they saw the t-shirt I was wearing more clearly, which was funny (One of my Dying Fetus ones :pac:)

My mam said I would have had a field day at this Sean McEoin thing in Longford a while back. There was a statue of a local hero being unveiled in a village in Longford, and Enda Kenny was there. Naturally, the very vocal part of the pro-life crowd showed up to hurl abuse at people. If I'd known they'd have been there, I'd probably gone with the specific aim of annoying as many of them as I could :P My issue with them isn't the differing views, but the manner that they go about it. It's nothing short of disgusting what some of them will do, and what really pushed it over the edge was what they did outside a rape crisis centre in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

...they all started shouting at me that I'm 'scum' and that god would be my judge.....while they shouted that I'm heathen scum. :pac:

Arseholes!!! Should have slapped them!! :pac:
    kellief wrote: »
    Myself and himself just got McDonald's (a rarity!) and I got a happy meal so I could have the toy. Yay!

Cool toy! Is that a Jap import Micra? Great little cars! :D

Had a busy one myself today....Got a text from a mate at 7.30am asking was I up for a spin. Told him I wasn't sure if the bike was running properly or not but to nip over anyway. Took the cover off the bike and tried to fire her up but the battery was dead. Jumped it off the car and headed off. Stopped for juice and it wouldn't start (battery again) got her going and headed to Tullamore. Bought a new battery and headed off again, but wouldn't tick over. After a nice blast, headed home...

Anyhoo, got home, went out for a couple of hours to do collections and came back and worked on the bike for a bit. Got everything sorted finally....got her to idle properly, battery is changed, speedo is fixed, warning light bulbs replaced, fuel leak is gone, bike is cleaned and ready to rumble again.

Then blocked off the front of the driveway (no gates) and let the little one out the front, she had a blast. Made dinner, got them calmed down and now they're in bed...finally!! So having a beer or ten and watching the US Office series all over again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Had a busy one myself today....Got a text from a mate at 7.30am asking was I up for a spin. Told him I wasn't sure if the bike was running properly or not but to nip over anyway. Took the cover off the bike and tried to fire her up but the battery was dead. Jumped it off the car and headed off. Stopped for juice and it wouldn't start (battery again) got her going and headed to Tullamore. Bought a new battery and headed off again, but wouldn't tick over. After a nice blast, headed home...

Anyhoo, got home, went out for a couple of hours to do collections and came back and worked on the bike for a bit. Got everything sorted finally....got her to idle properly, battery is changed, speedo is fixed, warning light bulbs replaced, fuel leak is gone, bike is cleaned and ready to rumble again.

Then blocked off the front of the driveway (no gates) and let the little one out the front, she had a blast. Made dinner, got them calmed down and now they're in bed...finally!! So having a beer or ten and watching the US Office series all over again. :D

Sounds like a pretty good day :D

Had a good day myself, sat out in the sun with the family eating icecream and then went for a walk with my friend this evening. Happy out :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

After everything I told her.My daughters friend got her nose pierced in the Georges Arcade with a gun.FFS!! Im not a happy bunny :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Some people are quite insistent about not listening I guess. I don't know of a place that has a worse rep than there for piercings, I dunno why people still go there.

I'll admit to getting my naval pierced there when I was 16... it was crooked... so I took it out. But seriously wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now... What age is she? Probably couldn't get pierced anywhere else without consent.

She's 16 and could have git it done somewhere decent.But it was only something like 6 euros to get it done!!!!!

Getting what you paid for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

6 euro??? Facking hell, dodgy reputation of the place aside how the hell do you turn a profit on that?

• Advertisement

Mass purchase of jewelry from ebay or somesuch and you'd be flying cos you already have the gun...

They only charge six euro for most piercings. My little sister's friend, who is 14, went in there with her mum and got her lip, nose and navel done, all six euro each, all done with a gun apparently.

They only charge six euro for most piercings. My little sister's friend, who is 14, went in there with her mum and got her lip, nose and navel done, all six euro each, all done with a gun apparently.
    That actually makes me feel a little queasy.

Oh good sweet baby monkey... they've gotten worse!

Angron wrote: »
    That actually makes me feel a little queasy.

She's considering going in there for another piercing soon. I tried reasoning with her, telling her in simple terms just why going to a place that uses a gun is bad, but she says 'Well, I've never gotten an infection and I'm happy with them, so they can't be that bad.'

Her lip piercing is terribly positioned. :rolleyes: But, they're the only place I know of that'll pierce a 14 year old, so I'd assume that's why she goes there.

A lip piercing with a gun? :eek:

Jesus H Christ

P_1 wrote: »
    A lip piercing with a gun? :eek:

Jesus H Christ

I didn't think that was possible, and I'm still a little sceptical, as I don't think the needle in a gun could possibly go far enough to pierce a lip, but she says that's what they used. I would have imagined they'd use a single needle for it, though, but I don't know a lot about piercings, so maybe a gun-pierce through a lip is possible?

Okay. I'm freaking out a wee bit. I'm legit terrified about my audition on Monday, and I have a sore throat which doesn't help matters. I'm so scared about it that my mam and dad have been spending the evening trying to convince me to go because I'm trying to get out of going.

Somebody kick me up the ass. I know I need to have more confidence in my voice, but I'm scared. :(:(:(

Well you've done it before and did it well so why should you feel nervy about it? Plus you'll get to enjoy a sunny day up in Belfast, nothing to lose and a lot to gain as they say :)

P_1 wrote: »
    Well you've done it before and did it well so why should you feel nervy about it? Plus you'll get to enjoy a sunny day up in Belfast, nothing to lose and a lot to gain as they say :)

That's the problem - I know what I'm facing. That terrifies me, because it was scary as fúck last time. :( If I didn't know, I'd be more able for it. :pac:

• Advertisement

That's the problem - I know what I'm facing. That terrifies me, because it was scary as fúck last time. :( If I didn't know, I'd be more able for it. :pac:

True, but its something that you've already done well in and more importantly know how to do well in if you know what I mean

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement