Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Rock the boat would probably go down a treat played by a band at a wedding :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

from what I've heard its not a wedding without galways girl either haha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Bitta maniac 2000 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Oogie oogie oogie!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Oogie oogie oogie!

tumblr_mff1txlfPu1rs7k3ko1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

tumblr_mff1txlfPu1rs7k3ko1_500.jpg

Spoil sport :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

My friend and I are currently recording an acoustic cover of this ridiculous(ly great) song :P

This was on a loop in my head all through my accounting exam so thanks for that.

Went in to chat to Nancy about my next tattoo today. Booked for the 24th. She's so excited about the design, really looking forward to it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah life, you cruel bítch. Today has been one long pain in the ass.

Angron wrote: »
    Ah life, you cruel bítch. Today has been one long pain in the ass.

Sure, tis almost over!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Oogie oogie oogie!

Ah takes me back to my teenage disco days :) " will ya meet my mate over there " :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It was a long time before I understood that "meet" thing, so I got really confused as to why someone was so excited when they talked about meeting someone :pac:

Ah but you're from the country, 'shift' was a strange term for me to get around at first :pac:

Yup, that was the one we got!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Poor Adi! Tossed aside like some old pizza. :(

Right. Apparently I have about 4 weeks to learn a set of love songs. FML.

I know about 4 to sing and play. Keep the suggestions coming. :pac:

This Year's Love - David Gray.
    Really simple tune on the piano. Strangely apposite for a wedding methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah but you're from the country, 'shift' was a strange term for me to get around at first :pac:

I was recently trying to explain this term to my friend from the US, along with our use of craic - "Shur we had a load of craic last night" :D

I was recently trying to explain this term to my friend from the US, along with our use of craic - "Shur we had a load of craic last night" :D

I used to use craic in Lanzarote without thinking and no-one ever questioned me. I wonder sometimes if they got the gist of what I meant or just that I was a high functioning addict. :P

I remember being hungover on a bus in London asking my mate where the best spot to grab a sambo was, git away with it somehow

When I was living in canada for the first few weeks no one had a clue what I was saying. I was having a chat with a friend of mine, who is from Belfast, during which time I told him to shut the f up. All the Canadians just looked at us like we were speaking in tongue. In the end we just shortened it to 'shut fuddup' and they understood that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

So tired. Was in boxing class tonight and then the cinema after.

I was REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY embarrassed when I arrived to class though. My trainers both stopped me to congratulate me on my weight loss and were saying how they could really see the difference in my body shape and fitness levels over the past few weeks. They asked me why I was so determined, and I mentioned that I have a target to reach, aside from the target that they know about. They ended up forcing me to tell them the target (previously only Marty knew because I was keeping it a secret). After I told them, they said they'll murder me if I start to get lazy in class. :pac: I love them. :)

How's everyone tonight? My poor arms are wrecked!

So tired. Was in boxing class tonight and then the cinema after.

I was REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY embarrassed when I arrived to class though. My trainers both stopped me to congratulate me on my weight loss and were saying how they could really see the difference in my body shape and fitness levels over the past few weeks. They asked me why I was so determined, and I mentioned that I have a target to reach, aside from the target that they know about. They ended up forcing me to tell them the target (previously only Marty knew because I was keeping it a secret). After I told them, they said they'll murder me if I start to get lazy in class. :pac: I love them. :)

How's everyone tonight? My poor arms are wrecked!

Congrats though! Always nice to see someone with constructive passion taking control of their life. I try to live by "if you don't like something, change it" :D

• Advertisement

Congrats though! Always nice to see someone with constructive passion taking control of their life. I try to live by "if you don't like something, change it" :D

Ha, thanks. I think that way myself tbh, but I HATE my trainers or friends commenting on it. I get really embarrassed because it's a reminder that I haven't yet hit my targets, so I don't think anyone should be happy with me til I reach them. :pac: :o

Then one of the girls I chat a little bit to heard them and started congratulating me, too.

Apparently I have no choice in the matter, my trainers will be posting my before and after pics on Facebook in 6 weeks. I made them refrain from posting them from November til now, but apparently I'm one of the biggest success stories, so have no choice now because it's advertising for them. :pac: I don't want people seeing me in a tracksuit with no make up and my hair slicked back! :o

Ha, thanks. I think that way myself tbh, but I HATE my trainers or friends commenting on it. I get really embarrassed because it's a reminder that I haven't yet hit my targets, so I don't think anyone should be happy with me til I reach them. :pac: :o

Then one of the girls I chat a little bit to heard them and started congratulating me, too.

Apparently I have no choice in the matter, my trainers will be posting my before and after pics on Facebook in 6 weeks. I made them refrain from posting them from November til now, but apparently I'm one of the biggest success stories, so have no choice now because it's advertising for them. :pac: I don't want people seeing me in a tracksuit with no make up and my hair slicked back! :o

I think people will be too amazed by how much you've managed to lose than to notice you're lack of make-up or what you're wearing. Seriously, fair play. You're doing great.

I think people will be too amazed by how much you've managed to lose than to notice you're lack of make-up or what you're wearing. Seriously, fair play. You're doing great.

Pft, I'll notice! :pac: I don't care about the weight loss too much tbh. I don't think it's a big deal. I'm happy to reach targets I have, but eh, my health is all that's important to me and I'm healthy as I am, so I don't think much about weight loss.

Eso, I have to say, you're dedication is pretty inspiring! You're doing so bloody well! I just wish it was contagious!

Eso, I have to say, you're dedication is pretty inspiring! You're doing so bloody well! I just wish it was contagious!

It IS contagious! Seriously, I had become soooooo lazy over the past 6 months. I'd go to class, but wasn't too stressed about eating properly, never really did any extra exercise. Then, after talking to Marty every single day about diet, nutrition, exercise, giving him tips when he needed them, and then seeing how great he's doing at gaining weight, it inspired me a bit and made me more determined to hit my targets.

Can't be letting him get all toned and bulked up if I'm gonna be a flabby mess! :pac:

It IS contagious! Seriously, I had become soooooo lazy over the past 6 months. I'd go to class, but wasn't too stressed about eating properly, never really did any extra exercise. Then, after talking to Marty every single day about diet, nutrition, exercise, giving him tips when he needed them, and then seeing how great he's doing at gaining weight, it inspired me a bit and made me more determined to hit my targets.

Can't be letting him get all toned and bulked up if I'm gonna be a flabby mess! :pac:

Sort me out will ya! I lost 4 stone then just lost interest!

I could do with a hand myself :pac:

Sort me out will ya! I lost 4 stone then just lost interest!

Exactly what happened to me, lost a load of weight, got bored, and while I didn't gain anything back, I stopped losing til I gave myself a mental kick up the arse and got back to it.

Classes, seriously. You need somebody to motivate and push you. Going to the gym is great and all, but you need somebody to make you work harder. My trainers are great because if they feel that I'm getting lazy, one of them will scream at me, or kick me, and the other will nicely push me by encouraging me and telling me I can do 10 more reps or whatever the fcuk I'm doing.

If there's somebody watching you, you tend to feel accountable and embarrassed enough into working your ass off.

And 4 stone is amazing! Fcuking congrats!!

PJ Harvey & John Parish | Pig Will Not

Couldn't help but share this. There's a very clear message, and it really hit the spot for me today, especially since everyone around me seems to be super-stressed due to exams and whatnot. :)

• Advertisement

Exactly what happened to me, lost a load of weight, got bored, and while I didn't gain anything back, I stopped losing til I gave myself a mental kick up the arse and got back to it.

Classes, seriously. You need somebody to motivate and push you. Going to the gym is great and all, but you need somebody to make you work harder. My trainers are great because if they feel that I'm getting lazy, one of them will scream at me, or kick me, and the other will nicely push me by encouraging me and telling me I can do 10 more reps or whatever the fcuk I'm doing.

If there's somebody watching you, you tend to feel accountable and embarrassed enough into working your ass off.

And 4 stone is amazing! Fcuking congrats!!

I don't think id do well wuth a trainer. The thing about me is im a cheeky cow, if they shout at me I'll just shout back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement