Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Jeez PKM & Binxeo, that's one manipulative child!! Went to school with someone like that, incredible compulsive liar who'd make up the tallest of tales and get away with it. Ye did the right thing banning her from the house and informing the parents.

Couldn't believe the amount of ignorant dog owners out yesterday with the sun at its highest. None had water with them, one poor terrier was trying to lie down under the bushes from fatigue before being yanked out by the owner to continue walkin and another was tied to a bike with no access to water!! Never mind another person bringing a husky out!! When will people learn dogs struggle to cope in this weather, they don't sweat like us.

Marty, your car got sold very quick. If you're anything like my brother I'd say your heart broke just a little :)

Dodd sorry to hear bout the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Baby I mind is still fast asleep so I'm working away on the thesis, lovely breeze coming in the door here. It's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Had big day planned today
    Going t town early and hitting every pub for a pint .......but as usual something pops up
    My mate got called to say he might be in work today and I'm not going town alone so guess its a waiting game now:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

...I'm not going town alone...

Why not? Get yerself a seat by a window and people watch. Especially on a day like today, it could be very entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

FoxyVixen wrote: »

Marty, your car got sold very quick. If you're anything like my brother I'd say your heart broke just a little :)

Yeh he only put it up for sale on Wednesday and already gone, guess that's a testament to the condition I kept it in. I just hope whoever bought it treats her well. My hear did break a little bit I wont lie ha.

Gym at 3:15 in this weather it's fun energy level do be shot trying to workout ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Why is everything always broken when I'm hungover. I just want to be left alone.

Finally got around to getting some Aussie BBQ yesterday. I can really see why it's so popular. That's some nommy food.

Can't see the video in work but I've still managed to get Epic stuck in head. Thanks Jen :pac: Twas a good night aside from the heat in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

jenizzle wrote: »
    Why not? Get yerself a seat by a window and people watch. Especially on a day like today, it could be very entertaining!

That is genuinely a lot of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yeh he only put it up for sale on Wednesday and already gone, guess that's a testament to the condition I kept it in. I just hope whoever bought it treats her well. My hear did break a little bit I wont lie ha.

Gym at 3:15 in this weather it's fun energy level do be shot trying to dworkout ha.

You abandoned your baby! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Did a few collections this morning. Came back and went for a run (just did 4.5km today) http://runkeeper.com/user/hellraiserzx9/activity/207867830?&tripIdBase36=3frbue and just hanging with the little one now, back out in an hour to do more collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Collections? How could you run in this heat???

• Advertisement

Just home from the gym sweet jesus it was warm, the building were I go with the personal trainer is the roof top floor of a showroom/warehouse kinda thing with no windows or aircon the heat inside while working out it just plain crazy.
    That is genuinely a lot of fun!

I'd rather be one of the people being watched ;)
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    You abandoned your baby! :p

Shush you :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Finally got to go to the beach yesterday with my family, it was class. Swimming was amazing, so nice to be able to properly cool down. I was so careful as well with sun cream, but still managed to get the tops of my feet burnt, my right shoulder, and a random patch on my back (luckily both at the opposite side to my tattoo). After the beach we went for dinner, visited my uncle, my grandmother's grave, and finally a quick trip into Penneys to get a couple of things. Tiring but fun day!

In work till 9 tonight, and my work shoes are killing my sunburn, but I somehow managed to get the weekend off! I'm never off for the weekend! Can't wait to make plans :D

Heads are gonna roll in my sister's job. I went in as a manager last week to sort the place out. I spent an hour cleaning the cabinets and left a note for the owner explaining why I had no sales that hour. A sales assistant, who is only in the job two weeks, wrote under it 'stop cleaning and start ****ing selling.'

Arrogant prick isn't gonna get away with speaking to a manager like that, AND he tried telling my sister her sales pitch was rubbish, even though she, on her first day alone, has tripled his average sales and has her pitch done perfectly because I taught it to her. The phone call to the owner of that shop tonight is going to be very interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

...how did he manage to get a job in the first place?

Angron wrote: »
    ...how did he manage to get a job in the first place?

The owner was desperate. he described the guy to me as 'up his own hole.' He won't be around much longer if I have anything to do with it, I'm fuming that he thinks he can interfere and speak to me like that. I'm his ****ing superior!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Too bloody right you'd be angry about it. What a jackass, acting like that.

Speaking of Up! :)

942397_10151440958297820_618781808_n.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

. A sales assistant, who is only in the job two weeks, wrote under it 'stop cleaning and start ****ing selling.'

That's called "gross misconduct"

Sack the little ****.If it was me he`d have been gone today.

On another issue

Where the **** can I buy a paddling pool for the kids???Ive tried absolutely everywhere and all sold out!!!!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    That's called "gross misconduct"

Sack the little ****.If it was me he`d have been gone today.

On another issue

Where the **** can I buy a paddling pool for the kids???Ive tried absolutely everywhere and all sold out!!!!

I'm not in charge of hiring and firing unfortunately, but I'll be having a word with the owner, especially as the guy was bitching about me to my sister, who is his colleague, not realising she's my sister, AND since I was last there six days ago, forty euro has disappeared from the till. :rolleyes:

Tesco usually have loads in stock, maybe try order it through their online delivery system?

Argos should have some starting from E4. Still some in the store here, if they're out near you maybe they can order from another store?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Tesco usually have loads in stock, maybe try order it through their online delivery system?

Tesco sold out,Argos,Woodies,B+Q,Smyths!!!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Argos should have some starting from E4. Still some in the store here, if they're out near you maybe they can order from another store?

Where are you based?So I can have a look at your local store?
    Ive been searching Argos all day but no luck so far.

I'm not in charge of hiring and firing unfortunately, but I'll be having a word with the owner, especially as the guy was bitching about me to my sister, who is his colleague, not realising she's my sister, AND since I was last there six days ago, forty euro has disappeared from the till. :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether you are there to hire an fire-You ARE a manager and this little bollix should have a bit more respect.

I want one these bad boys along with a few beers would be nice :).

http://www.irishsportswarehouse.ie/catalog/swimming-pools?gclid=COOFl-rLqrgCFUiQ4QodancAiQ

Alternatively check out donedeal, gumtree or buy and sell might find some on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you're in Limerick they have one of these left - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3653186/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CToys%2Band%2Bgames%7C14417629/c_2/3%7Ccat_19285856%7CPools%2Band%2Bwater%2Bgames%7C14417781.htm

But after checking every store in Dublin, no, nowhere has pools left...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Finally got to go to the beach yesterday with my family, it was class. Swimming was amazing, so nice to be able to properly cool down. I was so careful as well with sun cream, but still managed to get the tops of my feet burnt, my right shoulder, and a random patch on my back (luckily both at the opposite side to my tattoo). After the beach we went for dinner, visited my uncle, my grandmother's grave, and finally a quick trip into Penneys to get a couple of things. Tiring but fun day!

In work till 9 tonight, and my work shoes are killing my sunburn, but I somehow managed to get the weekend off! I'm never off for the weekend! Can't wait to make plans :D

Reapply, reapply reapply! I learnt that lesson the hard way my first day in Lanzarote.

I checked my own local Argos Liffey Valley but not available for collection till Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

If there's anything anyone wants in the Arklow Argos, I can pick it up and arrange to meet ye somewhere :)

Sligo and it's an extra store. Fair few left the other day, it was more the furniture they were running out of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Who needs a paddling pool. Few hay bales and you're sorted.

1009799_484927258257934_189936175_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement