Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Crashing back to reality in work today after an awesome weekend off. Doesn't help that nothing is working properly and my colleague is in an awful mood as a result. I'm lucky in that I'm fairly laid back and don't seem to get stressed out as easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

UPC killed my internet yesterday too and I got so annoyed!!! I'm in the lab in college and I'm in panic mode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Not in the mood for boxing tonight, but have convinced my 15 year old sister to join, so that could be interesting.

Think I'll be going for a shower and then straight to bed after class. Not in the mood to do anything today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Not in the mood for boxing tonight, but have convinced my 15 year old sister to join, so that could be interesting.

Think I'll be going for a shower and then straight to bed after class. Not in the mood to do anything today. :(

Yeah, I think everyone has days like that from time to time. Hope you get back to yourself soon. :)

I've always thought there was two things you should do if you feel pants: get out and exercise, burn off all your energy etc (I'm actually unable to do this, which is ironic but anyways...I used to!) then put on the softest pjs you have, dvd which is guaranteed to make you laugh on, popcorn and a mug of tea. Hope you feel a bit better soon xx

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »
    I've always thought there was two things you should do if you feel pants: get out and exercise, burn off all your energy etc (I'm actually unable to do this, which is ironic but anyways...I used to!) then put on the softest pjs you have, dvd which is guaranteed to make you laugh on, popcorn and a mug of tea. Hope you feel a bit better soon xx

I'm doing the exercise bit, I slept for 4 hours this afternoon so need to do something to make myself tired! :pac: I don't like popcorn or tea, but I think dinner, a book/DVD and my bed is a must for later. Then I'll sleep the night away and hope I feel better tomorrow. :)

Thanks guys. You're all lovely. Just been having a bad week and a half. <3

I'm doing the exercise bit, I slept for 4 hours this afternoon so need to do something to make myself tired! :pac: I don't like popcorn or tea, but I think dinner, a book/DVD and my bed is a must for later. Then I'll sleep the night away and hope I feel better tomorrow. :)

Thanks guys. You're all lovely. Just been having a bad week and a half. <3

Sounds like a good plan. Glad to hear it. You're allowed have bad days, you're going through a lot xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just back from walking the dog. Fcukin soaked. She was in the water non stop.
    She also came across her first fox. Real fun chasing her for 3 fields >:-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fecking internet has been awful the last few days :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ugh feeling rubbish all of sudden. Want to sleep till tomorrow and hope it's better. Was planning to spend the night writing but might quit soon and stick on a film.

• Advertisement

Did another 5km tonight. Knocked only 40 seconds off it, but my pace has increased by 7 sec. per km. Cross-fit in the morning now... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Gangs of New York is on again.
    I could watch this film and never get bored of it. It's great

Trainers decided to mix it up, so had a weights and cardio class thrown at me instead of boxing. My kid sister loved it, but started to feel sick so had to sit out for one set, she's coming back on Wednesday with me though. :) Feckin' shattered from it, it was a tough one! Up to the highest weights now though, the same ones that the trainers themselves use, and two weight sets above everyone else in the class. Boo yeah :D

Also did a 5k jog straight after, probably not my best idea because I can barely move now. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I can't seem to jog :\ Just can't get into the swing of it... Will have to try couch to 5k when I finish this 30 day challenge... Second weigh in tomorrow... feel like I haven't done enough this week... have eaten healthy and been to the gym most days but just having a blah week... I know it doesn't really matter in grand scheme of things but did so well last week that I wanted to keep it up.

Fair play to you Lyn, I can use an 8kg kettlebell and that's about as far as I'm going at the moment!

January wrote: »
    I can't seem to jog :\ Just can't get into the swing of it... Will have to try couch to 5k when I finish this 30 day challenge... Second weigh in tomorrow... feel like I haven't done enough this week... have eaten healthy and been to the gym most days but just having a blah week... I know it doesn't really matter in grand scheme of things but did so well last week that I wanted to keep it up.

Fair play to you Lyn, I can use an 8kg kettlebell and that's about as far as I'm going at the moment!

Definitely try couch to 5k, it really eases you into it. My little sister is starting it tomorrow. Tbh I was able to run/jog before I'd heard of it, but I had a wee look at the app, and it seems really manageable for people who wouldn't be great with jogging. :)

If you've eaten well and gone to the gym, you've done well this week, whatever the weigh in. Don't stress. :) an 8kg kettlebell is really good btw, most of the girls in my classes are using 6kg and some even use 5kg. I use two 12kg ones and if I get sore, I switch to one 16kg, they're ordering some heavier kettlebells for me if they can because my weights are getting better and better thankfully.

I had a weigh in today. I was dreading it. I hadn't exercised in a week and a half because of work and my grandad passing away. I hadn't watched what I ate, and I got drunk three or four times, which is waaaay more than I'd usually drink.

Somehow lost 4.5lbs and an inch from each thigh and one inch from my waist. Makes no fcuking sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

January,

Thanks for the heads up on that zenni website. 2 pair of glasses, 1 pair of sunglass, thinnish lenses : €99 delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No prob googled eyes! I know the struggle of cheap glasses, especially when you need high index lenses, was delighted when I heard about zenni too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Went on an impromptu trip to Bray. It was really pretty! Had a gorgeous walk along the sea front, perfect night for it! Now to get packing! I can't believe im going away TOMORROW! Totally after creeping up on me!

Think I'm starting to break the back of my thesis hump! Woo!

Also, you are all doing amazingly well with fitness!! I'm unable to do anything at all (I can barely walk) at the moment but come August, I will be hopefully back to a life after an op!
    theBerry do a daily motivation article, which is amazing! Full of lovely inspirational quotes/pictures. I look at it daily to try keep on track with food and know that in 4 weeks or so I should be feeling better! I'm very excited!

Went on an impromptu trip to Bray. It was really pretty! Had a gorgeous walk along the sea front, perfect night for it! Now to get packing! I can't believe im going away TOMORROW! Totally after creeping up on me!

Where are ya heading to?

• Advertisement

Now to get packing! I can't believe im going away TOMORROW! Totally after creeping up on me!

Jaysus, is it that time already?? Lucky you, have a great time. Don't forget pics!

Only once I ever went on a sun holiday. It was about 10 years ago with the next door neighbours, we went to the Canaries. She came out with 2 suitcases, he came out with a small plastic bag. I asked what it was, he said it was his luggage. He had 2 pairs of shorts, a vest top a pair of flip-flops and a can of Lynx. Now THAT'S how you pack light!!!! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Disfruta de tus vacaciones!

I'm sorry, missing speaking Spanish a lot lately so looking for any chance really. Also if I've mixed you up with someone else an you're not going to Tenerife then the Spanish makes even less sense... Really though, hope you have a good time.

I dunno what I pressed but now all the es on the page are highlighted in yellow. :confused:

Disfruta de tus vacaciones!

I'm sorry, missing speaking Spanish a lot lately so looking for any chance really. Also if I've mixed you up with someone else an you're not going to Tenerife then the Spanish makes even less sense... Really though, hope you have a good time.

I dunno what I pressed but now all the es on the page are highlighted in yellow. :confused:

It's a search you have done! Up the top corner (or bottom corner) a search bar should be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

A bit depressed today, a few weeks ago I weighed myself, 19 stone (120kg, 260lbs) (I'm 6'5" (198cm)).

I decided I needed to do something about it, so I started going to the gym, lifting 3 times a week, doing some form of cardio (walking/running/swimming) two or three times a week.

Cut out fizzy drinks (Used to drink maybe 3L of coke a week, in three weeks I have had maybe 2 cans of diet coke) drastically scaled back takeaways (Used to order in 4 or 5 nights a week, now it's 0 or 1), cut out snacking (What used to be me buying a box of smokes and a few bars of chocolate on the way home from work, has become maybe 1 bar a week) and as of a week and a half ago, I have decided to cut out beer. I am eating healthier, using complex carbs like brown rice and wholewheat pasta, lots of protein, and restricting myself to ~2000 calories per day (Not been counting exactly, but when I break down what I eat for the day, it hits between 1900 and 2100).

Hopped on the scales this morning.

19 stone exactly. FML

I have seen general improvements, all my lifts have gone up in weight, I have more energy, I'm less lethargic, I don't snack between meals (at all). But you know, a couple of pounds would be nice :-/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

oeb wrote: »
    But you know, a couple of pounds would be nice :-/

I know exactly how you feel, but please don't let it get you down. I know you've probably seen it written before, but your muscles will hold onto water when they're repairing after a workout. I think a measuring tape would be very useful to you to see how much you're losing around your waist, hips, arms etc etc. It'll give you that motivation you'll need to keep at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Yeah if your lifting weights,I'd rely less on a scales and more on a tape and mirror.

Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

kellief wrote: »
    Where are ya heading to?

Tenerife!! The count down has begun!

Jammy dodger! Would love to be heading away but sure thesis must be done!

Enjoy the holiday, CC. :)

• Advertisement

Serious influx of txt spk is starting to make this migraine worse!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement