Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I don't think id do well wuth a trainer. The thing about me is im a cheeky cow, if they shout at me I'll just shout back.

'Cause I don't shout back? :pac:

I give them as much abuse as they give me, but I get aggressive and work harder while I'm doing it, because I want them to STFU. :pac:

I actually had to box with one of the female trainers tonight, so embarrassing. She's unreal at it, but she said I was one of the fastest at the 'jabs' section of the sparring we did out of anyone she's trained with, so I must have done something right. Literally had sweat dripping from my face onto the floor, such a sexy sight. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all. Did ye miss me? :D Sorry, had some stuff going on...

Anyway, new OTB thread, looks nice in here. :pac: @ Eso and CC, well done ladies, fair play. Since the bike accident, I just can't get back into training. Even more so now, I just don't have time but I miss it and hope to get back to it soon. The boxing club has a cross-fit class on a Saturday at 12 so I might start going to that to get back into it.

On a tattoo related note, going back to my guy tomorrow to get another addition to the sleeve. He's doing Hannibal Lecter. Unsure of placement yet, either bicep or tricep. Either way, it's gonna hurt like a bitch! :o

Evenin' all. Did ye miss me? :D Sorry, had some stuff going on...

Anyway, new OTB thread, looks nice in here. :pac: @ Eso and CC, well done ladies, fair play. Since the bike accident, I just can't get back into training. Even more so now, I just don't have time but I miss it and hope to get back to it soon. The boxing club has a cross-fit class on a Saturday at 12 so I might start going to that to get back into it.

On a tattoo related note, going back to my guy tomorrow to get another addition to the sleeve. He's doing Hannibal Lecter. Unsure of placement yet, either bicep or tricep. Either way, it's gonna hurt like a bitch! :o

I feckin' missed you! :( I even pmd you! Hope things are going a bit better now, and like I said earlier, I'm always here if you need anything. x

Take your time getting back into it, especially if you have a load of shít on your plate already. That said, exercise = endorphins = lifted mood. :)

Ooh, I'd say that'd hurt a fair bit all right! Pics after? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Speaking of tattoos (mad for a tattoo forum, eh?) Im having serious trouble placing my new tattoo. Its actually wrecking my head. I've yet again made my life very awkward :p

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I feckin' missed you! :( I even pmd you! Hope things are going a bit better now, and like I said earlier, I'm always here if you need anything. x

Take your time getting back into it, especially if you have a load of shít on your plate already. That said, exercise = endorphins = lifted mood. :)

Ooh, I'd say that'd hurt a fair bit all right! Pics after? :D

Awww, thanks! You mean you missed the abuse!! :p

Yeah well, went in last week to have a look at the new premises (it was a Thursday so was ladies night) the coach kept them waiting for 15 minutes while we were bouncing ideas off each other. :pac: Seems he's as eager to get me back in as I am about going back! YAY!

Ah yeah, I'll get a few and throw them up. Back down again in 2 weeks to work on the next on which will either be Jason or Pennywise. :D

• Advertisement

Speaking of tattoos (mad for a tattoo forum, eh?) Im having serious trouble placing my new tattoo. Its actually wrecking my head. I've yet again made my life very awkward :p

Tell us about it, what's the problem?

Fingers crossed it goes well for ya and you can get back into it. :) And yes, I did miss the abuse! :pac:

Jealous! I want more tattoos. :( But then again, I did get one like, last week, so that'll do for now. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have a few ideas for myself if I'll ever have money to get something. There's a few WH40k stuff I could get on my arm, or add pokemon to my leg :D

Fingers crossed it goes well for ya and you can get back into it. :) And yes, I did miss the abuse! :pac:

Aye, it's been a while, I'll have to ease myself back into it! :D (giving abuse that is! LOL)
    Jealous! I want more tattoos. :( But then again, I did get one like, last week, so that'll do for now. :pac:

Yeah, seen that. Very cool. Did it hurt getting it done there?

Tell us about it, what's the problem?

I want to get a swallow added to the locket and flowers on my leg, I plan on having my entire leg covered eventually, , but because of the mic on my calf its proving quite difficult to position well. Well, it is in my minds eye anyway.

• Advertisement

Aye, it's been a while, I'll have to ease myself back into it! :D

Yeah, seen that. Very cool. Did it hurt getting it done there?

Make sure you do, 'cause back when you started exercising again a few months ago, you were doing mad amounts! You don't wanna hurt yourself. :p

Thanks. :) Aye, it hurt a little bit. None of my others did, but I'm assuming this one hurt a bit because it was done in an area where I have no fat, my calves are really toned so it was a bitch to get done. The artist said I handle the pain better than any bloke though, probably because I ignored it and chatted away to him and my mates. :pac:

I want to get a swallow added to the locket and flowers on my leg, I plan on having my entire leg covered eventually, , but because of the mic on my calf its proving quite difficult to position well. Well, it is in my minds eye anyway.

That's a bit of a bummer. Are you really thinking of getting your entire leg done?? :eek:
    Make sure you do, 'cause back when you started exercising again a few months ago, you were doing mad amounts! You don't wanna hurt yourself. :p

Ah yeah, I've been able to squeeze in some pull-ups (up to three sets of ten now) and push ups and bicep curls and Arnold presses....I'll get there....slowly.
    Thanks. :) Aye, it hurt a little bit. None of my others did, but I'm assuming this one hurt a bit because it was done in an area where I have no fat, my calves are really toned so it was a bitch to get done. The artist said I handle the pain better than any bloke though, probably because I ignored it and chatted away to him and my mates. :pac:

Well I'm wrecked so I'm hoping I'll doze off on the bed/couch/lying out flat-type-do hickey that I'll be lying on. :pac:

I can honestly say that the only tattoo I've ever almost hit the limit with were my feet. And at that both artists said I sat like a champ. I was dangerously close to tapping out when I was getting my cover up.

That's a bit of a bummer. Are you really thinking of getting your entire leg done?? :eek:
    :

Aye, so far I have from my knee to foot planned on my right leg, and thigh to knee on the left. Love to be wonky, me :p

Aye, so far I have from my knee to foot planned on my right leg, and thigh to knee on the left. Love to be wonky, me :p

Wow!! Good stuff. What's the plans on what you're gonna do? When are you gonna get it started?

Wow!! Good stuff. What's the plans on what you're gonna do? When are you gonna get it started?

My right thigh is gonna be dedicated to my dad (it's not weird, I swear) he wrote a song for me when I was a nipper, and I absolutely adore it. I wanna give the lyrics to an exceptionally good artist and get their interpretation of them, my interpretation is too personal.

My right leg is just gonna be bits and bobs that I love. There'll be make up and coat hangers thrown in there at sone stage.

Obviously, all this will happen when I win the lotto or marry a tattoo artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Mhhmmm. I haven't even attempted to start getting my tattoos yet as I know they're just out of my price range. As it stands, I want two blackwork sleeves, culminating in two shoulder-pieces. I want there to be parallels between the two sides, but not the same design. Maybe it'll turn into a left-brain/right-brain kind of thing. :D

Sounds class!! Can't wait to see the finished article!

Sounds class!! Can't wait to see the finished article!

I can't wait to get them, stupid brokeness :(

I can't wait to get them, stupid brokeness :(

I know, I know. It's killer. :mad: If I had more money and more time, both sleeves and both calves would be done by now!

• Advertisement

I know, I know. It's killer. :mad: If I had more money and more time, both sleeves and both calves would be done by now!

Ah, id be covered. It's probably a good thing that im broke :p I don't have the sense to be rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Welcome back pkm :)

Even though I'm only finished my biggest piece so far two weeks ago I have the itch again.

Want to get my arm finished and although I still love it I've lost the excitement for it, probably because it's been two years in the doing :o.

I saw a drawing that I loved on Facebook since the second I saw it knew I wanted to turn it into a tattoo, was thinking my inner bicep but the more I think about it the more I think I want it as an individual piece and I'm getting excited at the thoughts of getting tomash in hydraulic to do it :) might pop in, in a few weeks Suss out his prices and waiting list and run the idea by him see what he thinks :) if I can I'll throw up a pic of it when I get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Welcome back PKM. Been a terrible lack of slagging without you :pac:

I'm dying to get some new work done but I'm a bit weird in that any of the big pieces I want, I don't really want to get them done in pieces. I want them finished as quickly as possible so I want to save until I have near enough for the full piece. Which isn't easy.

I also currently have plans for both arms, one leg and right ribs (probably including chest and back) so not much space for smaller pieces. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Welcome back PKM.

If anyone is in the Blanch area and wants to do TRX or box fit (that's a ladies only class), let me know, if you're too shy to go alone I'll drag ya along with me.

I love exercising and at the start wouldn't have gone at all by myself but now I don't give a fiddlers if I don't know anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i have my right leg planned out as my geek leg.i already have my lego starwars piece and eventually i'm gonna add to it with all the geeky computer games and cartoons i loved growing up.i'm sure there'll be a parappa the rappa in there somewhere

on another note.lets start the day with some pokemon dubstep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZ7ogeVC4E

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Think I'm gonna go for matching traditional tattoos on my feet next. I wanted the usual male/female skulls, but my lower left leg piece is getting drawn up this week too. It'll be a skull jack-in-the-box type thing so I think it'd be a skull overdose. Trying to decide whether to have scrolls of text or not too. FML :pac:

I am still always drawn to traditional tattoos. While I love other styles, any of the work I'd say "oooh, I'd love to get something like that" has always been very bold-coloured and thick-lined.

I saw a drawing that I loved on Facebook since the second I saw it knew I wanted to turn it into a tattoo, was thinking my inner bicep but the more I think about it the more I think I want it as an individual piece and I'm getting excited at the thoughts of getting tomash in hydraulic to do it :) might pop in, in a few weeks Suss out his prices and waiting list and run the idea by him see what he thinks :) if I can I'll throw up a pic of it when I get home from work.

That the Terror Artists pic you showed me a while back? That'd make a savage tattoo. :)

I hate you all for your tattoo plans. I need to save for my next one. Less than 2 weeks since the last, and I have the itch again. :pac:

That the Terror Artists pic you showed me a while back? That'd make a savage tattoo. :)

I hate you all for your tattoo plans. I need to save for my next one. Less than 2 weeks since the last, and I have the itch again. :pac:

I wont be getting mine for a few months, you can mock me while I get all cranky during the wait.

Grand so, I'll probably have a new one in a few months anyway. :pac:

I'm so tired. Only 4 hours in work today, 2-6 is such an easy shift to do. :D

Then two, possibly three, days off. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

hopefully my laser session this week will be my last one and i can finally start my sleeve

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement