Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

kellief wrote: »
    Serious influx of txt spk is starting to make this migraine worse!

Hmm, watercolour thread by any chance? Really starting to get on my nerves as well now. It's like I'm reading dialog from love/hate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hmm, watercolour thread by any chance? Really starting to get on my nerves as well now. It's like I'm reading dialog from love/hate

It's coming up on a few threads now from a few different people. I could never decipher txt spk at all! I tried texting in it once as a joke and gave up after half an hour. I used to have a "friend" who wrote like that all the time, it was impossible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm going to the beach. :)

And, I must be feeling more confident. For the first time since I was a kid, I'm wearing tiiiiiiny denim shorts that just about cover my arse, with a tiny string top, and actually like how I look and don't feel self conscious. Fcuk yeah :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I have a random day off tomorrow to spend time with the fella, it's his first day off in weeks! Hope to go on a wee bit of an adventure too, maybe the seaside if it's a li'l warm and sunny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

kellief wrote: »
    It's coming up on a few threads now from a few different people. I could never decipher txt spk at all! I tried texting in it once as a joke and gave up after half an hour. I used to have a "friend" who wrote like that all the time, it was impossible!!!

It genuinely took me about 5 minutes to decipher that what jess.becks had to say in her first post yesterday. No punctuation, grammar or anything to make a cohesive sentence. Guess that's just our burden for having an education :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

oeb wrote: »
    A bit depressed today, a few weeks ago I weighed myself, 19 stone (120kg, 260lbs) (I'm 6'5" (198cm)).

I decided I needed to do something about it, so I started going to the gym, lifting 3 times a week, doing some form of cardio (walking/running/swimming) two or three times a week.

Cut out fizzy drinks (Used to drink maybe 3L of coke a week, in three weeks I have had maybe 2 cans of diet coke) drastically scaled back takeaways (Used to order in 4 or 5 nights a week, now it's 0 or 1), cut out snacking (What used to be me buying a box of smokes and a few bars of chocolate on the way home from work, has become maybe 1 bar a week) and as of a week and a half ago, I have decided to cut out beer. I am eating healthier, using complex carbs like brown rice and wholewheat pasta, lots of protein, and restricting myself to ~2000 calories per day (Not been counting exactly, but when I break down what I eat for the day, it hits between 1900 and 2100).

Hopped on the scales this morning.

19 stone exactly. FML

I have seen general improvements, all my lifts have gone up in weight, I have more energy, I'm less lethargic, I don't snack between meals (at all). But you know, a couple of pounds would be nice :-/

Don't give up. I know it's hard not to if you think you're not getting results, but the worst thing you could do id give up.
    Yeah if your lifting weights,I'd rely less on a scales and more on a tape and mirror.

Fair play.

This!! ^^
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm going to the beach. :)

And, I must be feeling more confident. For the first time since I was a kid, I'm wearing tiiiiiiny denim shorts that just about cover my arse, with a tiny string top, and actually like how I look and don't feel self conscious. Fcuk yeah :D

Lies!! Pics or it didn't happen!! :p:p :pac: :pac:
    jenizzle wrote: »
    I have a random day off tomorrow to spend time with the fella, it's his first day off in weeks! Hope to go on a wee bit of an adventure too, maybe the seaside if it's a li'l warm and sunny :D

Ah nice one! Hope the sun bursts through the clouds for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As per the warning on the other thread, please drop the discussion of txtspk folks. Thanks kindly!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

oeb wrote: »
    A bit depressed today, a few weeks ago I weighed myself, 19 stone (120kg, 260lbs) (I'm 6'5" (198cm)).

I decided I needed to do something about it, so I started going to the gym, lifting 3 times a week, doing some form of cardio (walking/running/swimming) two or three times a week.

Cut out fizzy drinks (Used to drink maybe 3L of coke a week, in three weeks I have had maybe 2 cans of diet coke) drastically scaled back takeaways (Used to order in 4 or 5 nights a week, now it's 0 or 1), cut out snacking (What used to be me buying a box of smokes and a few bars of chocolate on the way home from work, has become maybe 1 bar a week) and as of a week and a half ago, I have decided to cut out beer. I am eating healthier, using complex carbs like brown rice and wholewheat pasta, lots of protein, and restricting myself to ~2000 calories per day (Not been counting exactly, but when I break down what I eat for the day, it hits between 1900 and 2100).

Hopped on the scales this morning.

19 stone exactly. FML

I have seen general improvements, all my lifts have gone up in weight, I have more energy, I'm less lethargic, I don't snack between meals (at all). But you know, a couple of pounds would be nice :-/

It sounds like you're seeing really good improvements, so don't let the lack of weight loss so far get you down. Concentrate instead on your improved fitness and ability and overall shape rather than the figures on the scale. You're building muscle and losing weight. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the fact that you've stayed the same weight shows that you're doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

You're building muscle and losing weight. Muscle weighs more than fat, so the fact that you've stayed the same weight shows that you're doing well.

Yeah, sounds about right, just replacing one with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Thanks for the support guys, it's just all I have read indicates that fat burns quicker than muscle grows :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Try to up the cardio a bit if you want to lose some weight. If you're doing weights a lot you'll just get lots of muscle. Concentrate less on the scales and more on inch loss. I know it's disheartening when you step on the scales and realize you've lost nothing but inch loss is a much greater indicator.

I'm down another 4lbs and 6 and a half inches. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Was watching Celebrity Masterchef on the RTE layer, dear God is it melodramatic. The narrator went so far as to say David Gillick is out to prove himself after missing the Olympics due to injury. He may be out prove himself but I doubt it's through Masterchef.

Beach was lovely, can't wait to get home and relax for the evening now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

^^^^^^ what he said :)

Just back from a really long walk with the dog
    Dropping in cv's everywhere and prob lost a few pounds aswell. Really hope I get back working really soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

In a tattoo parlour now, I just wish I was getting something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Angron wrote: »
    In a tattoo parlour now, I just wish I was getting something :(

Worst feeling in the world that.

They've blocked pretty much all of the internet in work. It's not fun in there at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm friends with the people that work here, I'm just saving up to actually get something in the next few weeks.

I hate when places block some of my regular sites, it's a case of testing everything to see what works.

Edit: also my hands stink of that henna stuff.

P.K.M. wrote: »

Lies!! Pics or it didn't happen!! :p:p :pac: :pac:

Fine, ya cnut!

gOPRuwD.jpg?1

Didn't feel too fat wearing it. Seeing pics, I feel huuuuuuuge! :(

You're a far cry from huge!

January wrote: »
    You're a far cry from huge!

I feel it! I'm a hell of a lot bigger than I'd like to be. Still, I'm working on it. I deliberately bought a load of size 10 and 12 shorts for my holidays (I wear a 14 on bottom), with the aim of fitting comfortably into them by the time I go away in October. Either it'll work, or I'll be desperately trying to find size 14 shorts come October! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Eso, ya ride!

Eso, ya ride!

:pac: Shouldn't you be drunk and in Tenerife? :p Thanks though! :o

I feel it! I'm a hell of a lot bigger than I'd like to be. Still, I'm working on it. I deliberately bought a load of size 10 and 12 shorts for my holidays (I wear a 14 on bottom), with the aim of fitting comfortably into them by the time I go away in October. Either it'll work, or I'll be desperately trying to find size 14 shorts come October! :o

I know the feeling and I'm nowhere near being a 12... Size 16 and shrinking at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

:pac: Shouldn't you be drunk and in Tenerife? :p Thanks though! :o

Flight is at 7 in the morning!

My sister went off to the US today, I'm just not sure where. Someone mentioned Brooklyn, another mention San Francisco, and I wasn't really paying attention.

Just put on dinner.

Got a text that wasn't pleasant to read.

Appetite gone.

Looks like I'll be throwing the dinner in the bin. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just put on dinner.

Got a text that wasn't pleasant to read.

Appetite gone.

Looks like I'll be throwing the dinner in the bin. :pac:

Ah here, wha?

Don't be taking things to heart, and more importantly don't be wasting food :pac:

Orim wrote: »
    Ah here, wha?

Don't be taking things to heart, and more importantly don't be wasting food :pac:

It was something I'm bound to take to heart, and I don't care about wasting food, it's not like I can send it to starving kids in Africa, it'd be gone off by then. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

You're far from huge Eso. Pulling off those high waisted shorts quite well :)

Hating the humidity today. Can't get out much with the dogs, so farm maintenance it was with them watching me from the cooler spots :) Counting the days to my own holiday where I hit Munich and Prague. Can't wait to recharge the batteries :)

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    You're far from huge Eso. Pulling off those high waisted shorts quite well :)

Hating the humidity today. Can't get out much with the dogs, so farm maintenance it was with them watching me from the cooler spots :) Counting the days to my own holiday where I hit Munich and Prague. Can't wait to recharge the batteries :)

Thanks.

When ya heading over there? I'm dying to go to Prague, I've heard it's beautiful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement