Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Guess who's back...... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Slim Shady?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

January wrote: »
    You should become a personal trainer P.K.M. I always feel like cursing mine when he gives me stuff I hate...

Cheers, so I've been told a number of times. Might be something to look into alright....
    Guess who's back...... :cool:

Howdy. Welcome back. Any goss? What have ya been up to?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

We're on a plane! !!!

Enjoy the holiday!

Back in the tattoo parlour today, just listening to some Rise Against with the folks here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

There seems to be a good few of us on get fit buzzes at the moment.

Do any of you use Fitocracy?

Personally I find it great as a knowledge base and a source of support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

oeb wrote: »
    There seems to be a good few of us on get fit buzzes at the moment.

Do any of you use Fitocracy?

Personally I find it great as a knowledge base and a source of support.

Used it for a bit but I stopped when I changed my routine. Giving you points per workout is a sneaky way to get you hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I just went to water the flowers and I was soaked in the process....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Uuuugghhhh so sick of living at home. Wish someone would employ me so I could move out.

Used it for a bit but I stopped when I changed my routine. Giving you points per workout is a sneaky way to get you hooked

It's not sneaky, it's bloody brilliant.

How do you get lazy gamers like me delighted to be working out? Level them up with pretend experience points!

In other, non whiney news I've decided to quit smoking again as I think its making my panic attacks more frequent. During the day should be grand, it's always while drinking I crave them most.

• Advertisement

In other, non whiney news I've decided to quit smoking again as I think its making my panic attacks more frequent. During the day should be grand, it's always while drinking I crave them most.

Now, take this with a grain of salt, as I am currently smoking again.

I always found that packing in drinking for the first couple of weeks after quitting really helps you get over the first 'hump'.

I'm off drink for a month at the moment myself, smoking is the next thing I need to pack in. Worst thing is my girlfriend is a heavy smoker too.

I'm actually finding that while I'm ok with not drinking and eating healthy, I'm getting flack by friends and family "Sure you will have one pint, go on, go on" "Why won't you get a pizza with me? Are you hinting that *I* need to lose weight?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Fcukin sick.
    Me. Sick??
    I never get sick and yet here I am sick
    Fcukin sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

oeb wrote: »
    It's not sneaky, it's bloody brilliant.

How do you get lazy gamers like me delighted to be working out? Level them up with pretend experience points!

Sneaky ;)

I never said it wasn't a good idea. I was inventing things to put in. (walked to the toilet 15-points)
    celebrate.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Thesis has me panicking today. So much to d for this party over the next two days! I bought the balloons to surprise her with tomorrow! Her actual birthday is tomorrow, so she'll be coming down to a mini-party breakfast in the morning before she has to go to work!
    Trying to put helium balloons in a boot was harder than I thought it would be! :D

Sneaky ;)

I never said it wasn't a good idea. I was inventing things to put in. (walked to the toilet 15-points)

Haa haa, one of the first promises I made to myself with it was "No cheating" and then as I explore more I see they have achievements for things like "Taking the stairs".

Is there really people who use it like this?

Todays workout

Walk (to work) 1km 5min
    Climb stairs (3 flights)
    Climb stairs (3 flights)
    Walk (to lunch) .5km 3 min
    Walk (back) .5km 3min
    Climb stairs (3 flights)
    Climb stairs (3 flights)
    Walk (to gym) 1.5km 10min
    <Insert half arsed 150 point workout here>
    <no walk home cause I was too knackered and got a taxi instead, he took me to mcdonalds drivethrough>
    Walk (to pub) 2km 12min
    <Post on fitocracy forums "I drank 10 pints tonight, can I log that as 100 1kg bicep curls?">
    Walk (stagger) (to taxi rank) .2km 8min

Here is me breaking my backside to log good workouts when I could be probably taking it easy and logging 1000 odd points per day doing it this way :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

*spins in chair* I finally got a much anticipated book today! Three chapters in and I've got all the feels. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels.
    Can't believe it's taken them this long for Entwined With You to be published here. I was close to tearing my hair out waiting for it to be released! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Evening all!! Bruce Springsteen in thomond Park last night was one of the best concerts ive ever been to!!! absolutely unreal!! 3 and a half hours that man rocked the stage!!! what a bloody legend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Howdy. Welcome back. Any goss? What have ya been up to?

Plenty of it :P Been mad busy (still am) working round the farm and sorting out college shiz for next year. Pure balls if ya ask me! :pac:

BUTTTTT I did go to west cork to my cousins holiday home for a few days over the weekend which was EPIC with the fine weather we had, swimming and kayaking and walking alot, was brill! We had no internet access or phone reception there though hence the lack of contact :pac:

How has things been with ye guys? Anything big happen in my absence?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sit in hospital for three hours trying to get a urine sample from the little one. THREE HOURS. Finally got sent home with some extra urine bags and strict instructions to bring sample straight back into hospital, ON ICE! Got home, peeked in nappy... no sample... two minutes later she poo'd in it :(

I have a feeling I'm going to have some trouble with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Fed up with briiiick!

Feel like going to bed for the evening, wrecked tired and stressed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Evening all...

Somebody save me...up to my eye balls in application forms and photocoping. Have to copy each of my sons reports 7 times, then match them all up, then fillout 7 different application forms and pack them with the reports into envelopes to be sent off. Had to buy a copier today cause the library wanted to charge me 25¢ a sheet. Would have cost nearly €90. It was cheaper to buy the printer. Ran out of ink now though, so it looks like this is going to drag on into next week. I just want to get it done and over with, its head wrecking!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Anyone here watch the coverage of this year's Download Festibal on Sky Arts yesterday? I swear, if they ever make a movie of John Niven's novel "The Second Coming", Jared Leto HAS to play Jesus. I will piss and moan like a petulant child if it doesn't happen.

It is too ****ing hot to excercise. Wasn't as bad as I expected since I missed the last two weeks but fell on my arse twice, banging my tail bone once so that was fun. The bruising on it from five weeks ago had just cleared up and all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

January wrote: »
    Sit in hospital for three hours trying to get a urine sample from the little one. THREE HOURS. Finally got sent home with some extra urine bags and strict instructions to bring sample straight back into hospital, ON ICE! Got home, peeked in nappy... no sample... two minutes later she poo'd in it :(

I have a feeling I'm going to have some trouble with this.

I feel your pain. That has to be one of the most difficult things to get from a child.

What hospital??If its Tallaght they`ll take a wet nappy as a sample whereas some other hospitals/doctors insist on an actual sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Lesson to be learned. Don't have kids :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Was at my friend's house this evening.

Her two year old decided to whip off his nappy, wiggle his bits at me and shout 'Lyn, look at my willy!'

Jaysus, they start young these days! :pac:

I want to get a new tattoo. But I pretty much have every inch of my body planned out at this stage and I don't have the money to get started with any of the artists I want. I don't know what to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Orim wrote: »
    I want to get a new tattoo. But I pretty much have every inch of my body planned out at this stage and I don't have the money to get started with any of the artists I want. I don't know what to do :(

Get your whole body tattooed.

Get your whole body lasered.

Start all over again. :D

Yeah but money.

But I've often thought it would be cool if I had multiple arms so I could get loads of sleeves and change them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I feel your pain. That has to be one of the most difficult things to get from a child.

What hospital??If its Tallaght they`ll take a wet nappy as a sample whereas some other hospitals/doctors insist on an actual sample.

It's Temple St and the nurse practically begged me to bring the sample back. Said that lots of parents say they will come back but never do, think that's mental. They also took blood samples from her, very efficient at that, took less than two minutes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement