Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Dunno what it is outside but its like an oven.
    Tis sign of the apocalypse :)

My idiot dog keeps looking at me drooling and everytime I fill her bowl with water she picks it up and throws it around playing with it. She's a clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Dunno what it is outside but its like an oven.
    Tis sign of the apocalypse :)

My idiot dog keeps looking at me drooling and everytime I fill her bowl with water she picks it up and throws it around playing with it. She's a clown

My doggie is in pup, she has about another 2.5 weeks to go.. She's dying in the heat... She's not overly huge atm, but she just seems to be knackered all the time :) Poor thing :D

Lovely
    What breed is she?

Lovely
    What breed is she?

She's a Cocker Spaniel :)

This is Coco
    8254734724_813e04462f.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

We have roving gangs of butterflies in our back garden.

• Advertisement

She's cracking looking. Always liked the chocolate cockers.
    Is she bred with another cocker?

She's cracking looking. Always liked the chocolate cockers.
    Is she bred with another cocker?

Yep. He's a solid black colour, so we are waiting with baited breath to see what her pups are like. Hubby would love if one of the pups had her colouring...

She's a great little hunter, and he wants to train one of her pups up too.

I was just about to mention if she has the pups there'd be plenty of lads on the hunting for sale section that'd take a pup
    I've never hunted with one but I know a lad who swears by them.
    I'm more of a pointer lad. Only dog I've really worked with. Had a springer but wasn't the same

http://youtu.be/YzVmuereOJw

Here she is swimming and retrieving
    Love pointers even though she's a crossbreed

I was just about to mention if she has the pups there'd be plenty of lads on the hunting for sale section that'd take a pup
    I've never hunted with one but I know a lad who swears by them.
    I'm more of a pointer lad. Only dog I've really worked with. Had a springer but wasn't the same

All the lads in the gun club love her.. Cockers are known for diving into ditches you wouldn't get a stick into... Where the springers stop, and won't go any further, she keeps pushing on. Hubby has had to go back and cut her out of briars before :D

I'm hoping she has a small enough litter, we are keeping one, and the owner of the stud dog is getting one. Trying to rehome them with the kids here will be hard :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Your dog is gorgeous :) She's so obedient :D Coco ignores me unless i'm bribing her with something, but she'll do anything hubby asks her, the brat!

She's a mix of house pet and hunter, real affectionate and great with the kids, but loves the hunting too, so is the best of both worlds :)

She's obedient when she wants to be :P
    She's 7 months old now
    Cross of a Hungarian vizsla dog and wirehaired pointer bitch.
    She hated the water until I threw her in and straight away confidence built up. Now I can't keep her out of it.
    She's turning out to be a decent worker aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My dad had a Hungarian Vizsla that was gun shy...

My brother has a Brittany Spaniel who's a bit wild! She's about two now.

I have two Jack Russells :D My cuties, Star and Buffy.

January wrote: »
    My dad had a Hungarian Vizsla that was gun shy...

My brother has a Brittany Spaniel who's a bit wild! She's about two now.

I have two Jack Russells :D My cuties, Star and Buffy.
    I know of a lad who does falconry who spent over a grand on a vizsla pup and done all the training and work with the dog and day came to the gun and the dog panicked and near broke the lead to run off. His heart was broken but dog worked well with the falcons and hawks so didn't turn out too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My dad is getting ready for pheasant season now soon... they're putting up the pheasant pen next week and they'll get the pheasants after that. My eldest loves going down with him to feed the pheasants...

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Was just informed it was 38 degrees in the room when I was leaving! Fcukin hell like!

Oh we're talking about our dogs?? I have 3 little eejits but love em all :D scamp is a sheepdog who is afraid of fellas, large animals and loud noises! Silly scaredy cat! :rolleyes:: amber and Oscar are 2 golden labs and are the total opposite of each other, amber is quite and loves to be petted whereas Oscar is a complete wild eejit who loves jumping on ppl and humping everything he sees xD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I've a 4 year old German Shephard cross rescue dog called Maisy. She's a dote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I have a 2 year old Jack Russel called Lola. :)

Marty drunk texted me a few minutes ago. If anyone can help me decipher it, it'd be great. 'Im so sleepy slow motion, slow motion make me look good.'

:pac: Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Outta here until the 31st! 10 days until the deadline so I've loads to do! Chat to you all on the flip side! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Brest of duck with the rest of it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I can't wait till I can get a dog. Always had them around when I was growing up. Himself and meself are in talks about moving in together - first question I asked was "can we get a dog?". Think I'm more excited about that than moving in together :pac: We'll probably go to a pound, and adopt. I'm not into purebreds or anything, just wanna give a nice dog a good home. Don't really like little dogs though, think it's cos we always had labs and collies growing up, and the neighbours little terriers always nipped at my heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Same here Jen, it's one of the things we're going to do when we move to a house, rather than an apartment!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dogs > Cats :D

We've never not had a dog at the house, we are all dog lovers :D

Today I'm gonna introduce the pup to the sound of gunfire
    Bit nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Was looking after my neighbour's dog the past few weeks when she went to visit relatives in Canada, made me miss owning one so much. We had a black labrador when I was little but he ended u getting ut down when he went chasing cattle. I had a black lab cross then when I was about eleven or twelve but she had pancreas problems and had to be put down too. Would love to have one again and I think my parents would too but since my gran died the dog would be alone in the house most of the day so not really fair. We do have a load of stray cats living in our shed but they're not tame so I don't think of them as pets really.

While I think getting dogs from shelters is the kindest route to go I do love the idea of having a staffordshire bull terrier whenever I get the chance. They are the sweetest friendliest dogs ever. Such a pity they have a bad rep.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dogs are much better than most people to be honest.

Theres the saying..

"It's no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk"

My Newfie is just getting huge now.Shes only 9 months and is around the size of a rothweiller.

But shes still a bit thick really...still thinks shes a little dog.Walks under tables and the topples them over.Gets stuck in places that she shouldn't even be able to get in to.
    A big lazy slob aswell.And that slobber--its part of our 5 a day now!!!Most of my clothes are destroyed with these big slobber stains that even a hot wash wont remove..

One of my friends has two staffies KB, they are extremely affectionate, and proof that the reputations of dogs can be dead wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Damn sunny weather bring out the alcoholic in me.

Out in town last night pubs shut me and one the lads decide we want more drink spend about an hour walking around town trying to find somewhere to give us more alcohol to no joy, eventually give up get a taxi home on they way drive by two lads I know top pick them up.

Renewed hope right to a garage I know were I usually get late night bottles of wine, new staff member and he's having none of it after much debating finally give up jump in a taxi all set to go our separate ways telling the taxi driver our predicament and what ya know mister taxi driver pulls out a bottle of vodka from the boot result.

Back to one the lads apartment blocks were he decided his apartment was to boring and we ended up on the roof of his apartment block sitting in the sun till about 9 this morning drinking vodka. Was a tad bit tipsy going home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Working in town today. Junkie just grabbed my hand and spent several minutes telling me how beautiful I am and didn't accept 'I'm married' and said I can get a divorce. I feel like I'll never be clean again :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Working in town today. Junkie just grabbed my hand and spent several minutes telling me how beautiful I am and didn't accept 'I'm married' and said I can get a divorce. I feel like I'll never be clean again :(

It must be the day for it, I got proposed to by a lucky lucky in the market. Told me he'd sell me a hat I was after for 2 kisses. Wouldn't accept that I had a boyfriend. Then he grabbed me as we were walking away. Not gonna lie, there was a split second that I thought he was gonna gob me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement