Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sent out cv to a place online
    Hour later got a call for an interview.
    Fcuk yeah. Come on give me the job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

They must be fairly happy with your CV to arrange an interview so quickly! Fingers crossed for ya. :) When's the interview?

Interview is on Monday
    Really hope it goes well
    Been out of work for two weeks and I'm bored out of my tree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Interview is on Monday
    Really hope it goes well
    Been out of work for two weeks and I'm bored out of my tree

That happened me too with my current job. It was a recruitment agency I had to apply to but they rang me about 45 minutes later! Although suppose that is their job, reckon they get commission if they pluck out the right people for the job in question.
    What kind of job did ya go for? Best of luck with the interview!

It's a sales place. I know nothing of sales but they train me and I am good at talking to people.
    Fingers crossed though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Try wearing a white top in work for eight hours after getting soaked! My sales were huge! :pac:
    I am! :D Well, on top of my wages. :pac: Next week will be a good payday!

Note to self - throw water over work clothes every day from now on.

FFS, only you could turn your job into a wet t-shirt contest!!! :p :pac:

It's a sales place. I know nothing of sales but they train me and I am good at talking to people.
    Fingers crossed though

Have you done sales before? I'm in sales at the moment (management work as well as the sales side itself). If you haven't done sales before, drop me a PM if you want any questions answered about the sales techniques. Tbh though, once you can talk to strangers, you're flying. :)

P.K.M. wrote: »
    FFS, only you could turn your job into a wet t-shirt contest!!! :p :pac:

IKR? I'm a fcuking legend, seriously. :pac:

IKR? I'm a fcuking legend, seriously. :pac:

I'm sure!!!

I bet it looks like Right Said Fred are head-butting each other under there!! :p:p

P.K.M. wrote: »
    I'm sure!!!

I bet it looks like Right Said Fred are head-butting each other under there!! :p:p

..... That is the BEST way I've EVER heard them described before! Omfg, I love you. <3

• Advertisement

..... That is the BEST way I've EVER heard them described before! Omfg, I love you. <3

I do my best... :cool:

Fingers crossed though

Same here, who knows, you could be having an interview for the same company I'm in ;p Where are you based?

I'd never worked in sales before either but I'm enjoying it now :)

Is it hard work?
    Not that I complain. I'd rather work be hard than stand around doing fcuk all.
    Just had a shower and was outside in me bare feet having smoke and I stepped on a poxy slug.
    Feel off it was rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Stupid night shifts had a load of beer tonight but got home not drunk enough can't sleep wide awake :mad: two hours of tossing and turning in the bed now starving, turned on Wall-E :).

Ouch just seen this on Facebook an ex's brother put this up as sleeve finished shocking.

1001545_693002404050356_1309646986_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Masterpiece!

Adiboo wrote: »
    Masterpiece!

Certainly if you're blind :).

Dodderangler, sales isn't hard as such, but it's tiring and boring at times. The main thing I find that takes getting used to is people looking at you like you're dirt, so my sales strategy now is I try to talk to as many people as possible, purely to annoy them! It seems to work!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ouch just seen this on Facebook an ex's brother put this up as sleeve finished shocking.

:eek::eek::eek:

Jesus looks freshly done in the lads kitchen!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Probably was Hellrazer... wouldn't surprise me.

Headache... but it's gym time! Last week of my 30 day challenge so lots of hard work!

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Jesus looks freshly done in the lads kitchen!!!!

I can almost guarantee it was when I going out with his sister he used to always bang one about this lad he knew who done "quality worrk" from his house for next to nothing and would even come to your house and tattoo a few people at a time :rolleyes:, so I'd imagine it's the same lad.

I can almost guarantee it was when I going out with his sister he used to always bang one about this lad he knew who done "quality worrk" from his house for next to nothing and would even come to your house and tattoo a few people at a time :rolleyes:, so I'd imagine it's the same lad.

Christ above.

So, work is annoying as hell today. Got a fine quality sale, couldn't process it because the bloody computer system is down, luckily my customer is a nice guy, but I feel so bad, he came in especially! Nothing I can do though until they get it up and running again :(

On the plus side, heading out in Galway tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So as well ad my laptop being ****ed dad bought himself one this morning and that won't work. I habe to go into thr shop with him now and explain what's wrong with it since he doesn't know anything about computers. I wouldn't mind but I'm in a filthy mood as is

Edit: They replaced it straight away, no problem, very impressed. Now to try figure out windows eight so I can explain it to dad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So my holidays to Lanzarote aren't happening anymore. My bad mood us back.

Finished??? Looks like he's just about to start it FFS!!! Bad workmanship there! :rolleyes:

Did feck all training wise the last week, busy with one thing or another. Hit the boxing club this morning for cross fit. Set was as follows...

3 x 3 minute rounds on the bags
    3 x 20 push-ups and 3 x 20 crunches in between rounds.
    Striking tractor tyre with 10lb sledgehammer - 1 set of 150 (yes, 150 strikes in one set!)
    3 x 10 pull-ups
    Sitting with 8kg medicine ball and 50 reps side-to-side, followed immediately by 20 x "V-ups" (2 sets)
    30 kg barbell - 3 x 10 shoulder press
    25kg EZ curl - 3 sets of "21's"
    20kg dumbells - 3 x 10 Arnold presses
    3 x 1 minute fast rounds on the bags.
    3 x 15 burpees off a truck tyre.

Might not look like a lot but that was a tough 90 minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Now You See Me............. What a brilliant movie! :D Well worth a watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I honestly thought it was pretty poor, everything was telegraphed from miles off because they were trying and failing to be clever with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

I dunno..... I'm a sucker for films with good twist endings. It was pretty good in that aspect imo so I was happy with it! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I dunno..... I'm a sucker for films with good twist endings. It was pretty good in that aspect imo so I was happy with it! Haha

I saw that coming from around the halfway mark though, and thought it was just lacking in lots of ways. There was little to no character development either!

• Advertisement

Mates baby christening
    Start at 3 o'clock only home now
    Pretty frickin drunk
    Anyone else on the drunk wagon???
    Seriously I'm pist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement