Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

It shouldn't take two dead harddrives to teach me to regularly back up my files. I am a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm dying. Someone kill me. I got a punch in the face in boxing, poxy sparring partner couldn't box to save her life. :( My jaw is killing me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Chronic sunburn ouch, how you manage that? Nothing worse happened to me a few times on different holidays.

Im suprisingly not to bad considering the weekend I had though I would be in ribbons but I seem to feel somewhat functional now.

Last day on holiday, spent all of 20 minutes on the beach reading a magazine and got absolutely fried. I'd say if I'd laid there for another 5 minutes I'd have had third degree burns. Couldn't even go out that night because I was lying on the couch covered in wet towels shaking like a leaf. The flight home was grim, absolute agony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Last day on holiday, spent all of 20 minutes on the beach reading a magazine and got absolutely fried. I'd say if I'd laid there for another 5 minutes I'd have had third degree burns. Couldn't even go out that night because I was lying on the couch covered in wet towels shaking like a leaf. The flight home was grim, absolute agony!

Happened to me in the south of England of all places... Manage to avoid sunburn for the whole two weeks... last day, gave keys to house we rented, spend day on beach waiting to head to the airport that evening, fell asleep on beach that day and nearly fainted in airport from sun stroke!

Such a pain in the arse, ended up looking like a tomato for the next week! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Well the hospital appointments are over for the kids for the next few months. Seems the shelf on my daughter aortic valve has grown slightly but she's still coping well with it so no need to worry at the moment, just need to keep an eye and make sure she doesn't get tired too easily doing sports and stuff like that... we were told that her open heart surgery won't be at least until she's a teen... doesn't make it any easier...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    Here's a fairly cool documentary on tattoos and the development of the industry from an Irish perspective:

That's actually a pretty cool mini documentary, shame they didn't extend it and go into more detail.

Ouch yeh I've been there shaking like a leaf even though it roasting out vision and all feeling out of whack I feel for a it not fun at all :(, last time it happened to me was Tenerife aswell but managed to drink through just told the bar man keep giving me different shots lost count of how many I done did end up absolutely shiit faced, but it was better than the alternative.

did ya have a good holiday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Here's a fairly cool documentary on tattoos and the development of the industry from an Irish perspective:

That was good. Am I the only one that gets a little excited whenever I see something I recognise in something like that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Orim wrote: »
    That was good. Am I the only one that gets a little excited whenever I see something I recognise in something like that? :pac:

:pac::pac: no I'd be the same won't lie although the only one I've met there is Sylwia met her a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sounds rough cc
    I never get burned just get real tanned and never use sunblock but I did have a rough experience.
    It was 2000 in Santa ponsa and I fell asleep on deck chair and my shoulders and nose and get this.....my fcukin eyelids were badly burned. So much so that I couldn't actually open my eyes. For little over two days I was in real bad pain. When I could eventually open my eyes later that night I had to wear sunglasses ( really dark ones) to stop me squinting even at night because it was really bad.
    Hence why I don't be out in sun too long but with this rain kinda wish it'd come back out again :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I must admit, my OH is lurking in it. Very proud of him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Nervous!!! Interview today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Nervous!!! Interview today.

Good luck! What's it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Congrats Dodd and breast of duck Hybrid! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Good luck hybrid! Fingers and toes crossed for ya :)

Only have to work today, then four days off :D can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

So I'm in the middle of my dissertation, and my laptop died today.. :mad:
    I literally just cried for two hours. Grrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Second round interview tomorrow :eek: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

innad wrote: »
    So I'm in the middle of my dissertation, and my laptop died today.. :mad:
    I literally just cried for two hours. Grrrrrr.

That's ****ty. My harddrive died in the middle of something much less important than a dissertation recently and I was super stressed so can't imagine what you're going through. I hope it's something that can be fixed really easily (and inexpensively) and I hope your files will be recovered if they weren't backed up.

That's ****ty. My harddrive died in the middle of something much less important than a dissertation recently and I was super stressed so can't imagine what you're going through. I hope it's something that can be fixed really easily (and inexpensively) and I hope your files will be recovered if they weren't backed up.

Thank you :) it's under warranty and has gone in for repair, so won't know anymore til next week. I backed up most stuff on Friday, but lost 30+hours of work I did at the weekend (I'm a part-time student so it's basically a week's worth of work!), and I hadn't backed up my EndNote library.
    Looking at pulling two all-nighters now to try to re-do what I've lost so that I have something to give my supervisor on Thursday! Argh..

Anyway, I guess the only solution is to back up daily, no matter what :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

What was the actual problem with the laptop? Hopefully it's just a motherboard or display issue, rather than a HD issue.

What was the actual problem with the laptop? Hopefully it's just a motherboard or display issue, rather than a HD issue.

no idea, won't know til it comes back. CompuB ran all the diagnostics and it's not the logic board, display, battery, fan, etc., so most likely a hard drive issue :(

It's still under warranty so getting it fixed shouldn't be an issue, but losing 30+ hours of work and not getting it back til Tuesday are :(

Lesson learned: back up EVERYDAY!

First day of work was just training me in.
    Seemed to drag in but I have the jist of it.
    Had no bus fair for me second bus home so walked from crumlin home to my house
    Took roughly an hour an in me work shoes. Feet are killin me now.
    Sound like a girl :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I bought a new pair of Doc Martens today. They're so shiny and new and awesome! *squeeee*
    Saving them for special wear at moment. Ahh, that lovely new Doc smell!

McChubbin wrote: »
    I bought a new pair of Doc Martens today. They're so shiny and new and awesome! *squeeee*
    Saving them for special wear at moment. Ahh, that lovely new Doc smell!

Oooh I love Docs. Hands down the best boots :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, give me New Rocks over Docs any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

innad wrote: »
    Oooh I love Docs. Hands down the best boots :D

I bought absolutely stunning docs recently... and I just CANNOT break them in, last time I wore them, the blisters on my heels were so bad (I put plasters on before I went out in anticipation!) that I couldn't wear shoes for a week :(

They are so so gorgeous though, I'm gutted :(

I wore new rocks for my confo ha :)

In stitches watching the naked gun
    Seen them all so many times yet still such a funny film

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Naked Gun is great, though it's a shame the show it was based on got cancelled so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Angron wrote: »
    Naked Gun is great, though it's a shame the show it was based on got cancelled so quickly.

That was Police Squad wasn't it? Fantastic show and the films were brilliant.

No airplane though.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

No airplane though.

Absolutely LOVED the Airplane movies!!! Classic stuff. :D

Yup, twas indeed Police Squad. I loved Leslie Nielsen when he started doing comedy roles.

• Advertisement

He must have been the inspiration for all the slapstick comedy films.
    Just such a great actor.
    Airplane was a great film.
    "Surely you can't be serious?"
    "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley"

Fcukin classic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement