Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

For those of you who didn't get a chance to rewatch Breaking Bad before the new season. Not long left now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

For those of you who didn't get a chance to rewatch Breaking Bad before the new season. Not long left now...

Can't wait just hope TG4 show it fairl quick, I'm not a fan of downloading shows or films. So ill be itching to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Just downloaded the new album by Five Finger Death Punch. Head is bouncing here and fist clenched!

headbanger1.gif

beavis-butthead-6-7.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not a FFDP fan. I just kinda see them as a watered down Lamb of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Angron wrote: »

Can't say as I've never heard any of their stuff. Love FFDP though, and the new album sounds raw as fuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Didn't the lead singer from lamb of god not get done for murder or manslaughter recently on a fan?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

He was on trial for manslaughter after a fan killed himself jumping off the stage, but he wasn't convicted.

I was trying to remember today why the 12th of August was important. Now I remember. That's the day Breaking Bad will be on Netflix. I can't wait. It's silly how excited that video made me. Kept marking out for the badassery of Walt.

• Advertisement

Can't wait just hope TG4 show it fairl quick, I'm not a fan of downloading shows or films. So ill be itching to see it.

I'd say they'll get it fairly fast, the fact it's going on netflix so fast shows they're trying to curb the number of illegal downloads so I'd say they'll sell syndicatication rights pretty quick too. I don't know how you can wait though, even if you hate watching stuff online, I wouldn't manage it.

I'd say they'll get it fairly fast, the fact it's going on netflix so fast shows they're trying to curb the number of illegal downloads so I'd say they'll sell syndicatication rights pretty quick too. I don't know how you can wait though, even if you hate watching stuff online, I wouldn't manage it.

I normally wait for a show to finish a season before I watch but I couldn't manage it with this. First show in a long while that I've watched week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I wouldn't even be complimentary enough to speak of them in the same sentence as Lamb of God. Who, by the way, are playing over here next month. Probably the best band I've ever seen live.

@PKM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7yK4zHhgU0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Less then two weeks :-)

With tesseract as support :-D

Gonna be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Orim wrote: »
    Less then two weeks :-)

With tesseract as support :-D

Gonna be amazing.

Gotta get my Lamb of God stomach piece touched up for the gig. Want her lookin all evil and ****(there's a pic in the show you mine section)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

He was on trial for manslaughter after a fan killed himself jumping off the stage, but he wasn't convicted.
    What? How could they possibly consider that manslaughter?

Have to say RTE fecked up with the rights majorly with that, amazed TG4 got the irish rights for it

P_1 wrote: »
    What? How could they possibly consider that manslaughter?

It's not as clear cut as Angron said. Guy was acting the maggot. Got on stage a couple of times.. Last time a bouncer and the singer got him off he fell badly and died later. Randy was hardly involved but you could see why he was brought up on it.

Never found out if anything happened with the bouncer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yeh hopefully so I only recently watched it all on TG4 they showed seasons back to back it was great. It's only once a blue moon will I watch something online and I never enjoy it in the same way. Such as Sons of Anarchy watched the first two seasons then lost track but wiill refuse to watch it online eventually I'm hoping to pick them all up on boxset and watch from scratch.

Have to say RTE fecked up with the rights majorly with that, amazed TG4 got the irish rights for it

In fairness to TG4 they do pick up the odd American gem they showed Oz then The Wire and now Breaking Bad.

With Oz they were inline with Channel 4, The Wire if I remember correctly they had that first before the BBC picked it up and on Breaking Bad there strangely the only channel showing it over here I have Sky with god knows how many channels on it and TG4 are the only who have aired Breaking Bad.

It's not as clear cut as Angron said. Guy was acting the maggot. Got on stage a couple of times.. Last time a bouncer and the singer got him off he fell badly and died later. Randy was hardly involved but you could see why he was brought up on it.

Never found out if anything happened with the bouncer.

Right gotcha, sounded like a lawsuit that got very much out of hand from Angron's post.

Dunno if he was constantly getting on the stage it sounds more like a terrible accident than manslaughter but there must have been more to it if manslaughter charges happened

Right gotcha, sounded like a lawsuit that got very much out of hand from Angron's post.

Dunno if he was constantly getting on the stage it sounds more like a terrible accident than manslaughter but there must have been more to it if manslaughter charges happened

Basically it was an accident. But he was esstentially throw off the stage. But that happens fairly regularly and nothing. So tragic accident at the end of the day.

It was fairly crazy though because the band left and nothing was heard of it until the band came back a year or so later and they arrested him pretty much at the airport.

• Advertisement

Yeh hopefully so I only recently watched it all on TG4 they showed seasons back to back it was great. It's only once a blue moon will I watch something online and I never enjoy it in the same way. Such as Sons of Anarchy watched the first two seasons then lost track but wiill refuse to watch it online eventually I'm hoping to pick them all up on boxset and watch from scratch.

In fairness to TG4 they do pick up the odd American gem they showed Oz then The Wire and now Breaking Bad.

With Oz they were inline with Channel 4, The Wire if I remember correctly they had that first before the BBC picked it up and on Breaking Bad there strangely the only channel showing it over here I have Sky with god knows how many channels on it and TG4 are the only who have aired Breaking Bad.

Fair point actually, bizarre how no channel over here really shows it. Now that I think of it BB was probably the show that got me torrenting TV shows in the first place. Nowadays I'll torrent anything that I can't catch on the box for a while .
    Basically it was an accident. But he was esstentially throw off the stage. But that happens fairly regularly and nothing. So tragic accident at the end of the day.

It was fairly crazy though because the band left and nothing was heard of it until the band came back a year or so later and they arrested him pretty much at the airport.

Where did it happen? Based on that I'd have to guess some Southern bible belt US state

Czech republic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Fair point actually, bizarre how no channel over here really shows it. Now that I think of it BB was probably the show that got me torrenting TV shows in the first place. Nowadays I'll torrent anything that I can't catch on the box for a while .

Where did it happen? Based on that I'd have to guess some Southern bible belt US state

chek republic or one those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I wouldn't even be complimentary enough to speak of them in the same sentence as Lamb of God. Who, by the way, are playing over here next month. Probably the best band I've ever seen live.

@PKM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7yK4zHhgU0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks to an old poster on here I went to see when 5fdp supported lamb of god a few years ago. Twas some gig. I got the vip balcony thing and some people couldn understand why I was in the pit. Why the **** would you go to lamb of god and not be in the pit?

Czech republic

Jaysus miles off the mark so

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Saw LoG a few times and found them a bit repetitive after the first few songs. A bit like Slayer :o

I cannot wait for BB to return. I've watched all 5 seasons over the last few weeks so it's all fresh in my head. It's even better the 2nd and 3rd time you watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I've lost bang on one stone since I saw my doctor a few months ago, and ten inches. Fcuking delighted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I've lost bang on one stone since I saw my doctor a few months ago, and ten inches. Fcuking delighted! :D

Congrats!! Fair play Eso!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm back!!!! Submitted my thesis yesterday, the feeling of relief is unbelievable!!! Missed boards something fierce though!!
    How are you all doing? I was in chatting to Rachel in Wildcat Ink yesterday about my carnation, very hopeful! :)

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »
    I'm back!!!! Submitted my thesis yesterday, the feeling of relief is unbelievable!!! Missed boards something fierce though!!
    How are you all doing? I was in chatting to Rachel in Wildcat Ink yesterday about my carnation, very hopeful! :)

Congrats on finishing your thesis. I'm grand, nothing big going on. currently trying to write 13,249 words before midnight tonight, the usual stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement