Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

kellief wrote: »
    The bus strike bitching on Facebook etc is getting very irritating. My dad's a driver and we can all see the reasons why they feel they have to strike. They expect them to take massive cuts but nochange in the hours. People are just bitching without actually looking at the reasons behind it. /rant

Pain is brutal today so just chilling reading a book. Going for dinner with one of my friends and our other halves. Should be good fun! Need rest first!

Always happens when service providers have to strike. People are only concerned with themselves most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

P_1 wrote: »
    Always happens when service providers have to strike. People are only concerned with themselves most of the time

Yeah it seems that way. If there is ever a strike I try to look for the real reasons behind it, rather than just assuming I know. People go on strike for serious reasons and usually risk losing pay over it, so it's not just for the fun of it.
    It isn't just drivers on strike though, inspectors and clerical staff are all on the picket line.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all, what's happenin'? Did a couple of bits today, went to Slane to get a new bed (the other one is broked and has big miles on it! :D) so got home and put that together. The went out the back and removed the tree stump I left behind after attacking a tree with a chainsaw the other day. Just about to order a Chinese or something now, chill for the evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Not done much today. Currently writing something for my poor neglected youtube channel before having a quick dinner and then heading out for to a silent disco street party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Can't wait to get paid for not working tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

fewtins wrote: »
    Can't wait to gt paid for not working tomorrow :D

Welcome to my world I get a lot of Mondays off, haven't worked the last three or four I think :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I live for bank Holiday Mondays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I hate you all.

I work every single Bank Holiday Monday, and don't get any day off in lieu, or any extra pay. If by some miracle I have it off, I don't get paid for it. :mad:

First day in work after 4 days off done. Only another 7 to go til I get another day off. :(

Ok can anyone tell me were I may be able to watch a stream of the first few episodes of season 3 of The Walking Dead? Just realised there showing it on RTE, can watch episode 5 on RTE player and then set the sky box to record the rest :), just need somewhere to watch the first four?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Good weekend was had, quality time with some of my fav people :) AND away from the family :D (although that being said, I do miss the little sister, I'm now bored and she isn't here to entertain me!!! :( )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ok can anyone tell me were I may be able to watch a stream of the first few episodes of season 3 of The Walking Dead? Just realised there showing it on RTE, can watch episode 5 on RTE player and then set the sky box to record the rest :), just need somewhere to watch the first four?

Torrents are your friend Marty.just download the eps your missing from eztv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Loving the fact people I. Dub are going ng nuts over bus strike but don't give a **** bout any other public service jobs getting ****ed over cos it don't directly affect them. Ha ha ha **** the lot of em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Arawn wrote: »
    Loving the fact people I. Dub are going ng nuts over bus strike but don't give a **** bout any other public service jobs getting ****ed over cos it don't directly affect them. Ha ha ha **** the lot of em

That's not everyone in dublin tbf. I'm pretty inconvenienced by the strike, but understand why it's happening, so let them on if they think a strike will work.

Had a real good night last night. The Silent Disco wasn't as good as the last one, not sure why, but still great craic and got a chance to talk properly to a friend haven't properly chatted with in a while. Got dragged to Electric afterwards but at that point at I wanted to do was sit down so wasn't too bothered by how rubbish a club it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Silent disco? Do explain. I've never heard of it

Silent disco? Do explain. I've never heard of it

There's two DJs and everyone gets a set of headphones and you can swtich between the two of them, great fun. The Roisin Dubh has them three times a week and then during the summer they shut down the Dominic Street and have street parties. Such a laugh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wouldn't even use the provided headphones, my iPod would be fine for me.

Yeah saw a fella do that in the June one. He ended up being in the video loads. I'm also in that video, just my back though.

Is there a way to embed vimeo videos actually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Really want to get a stretching kit online but my mother won't give me back my O2 Moneycard. It's been 3 months since I loaned it to her. Honestly- this is why I never share things. :mad: Anyways, not going to keep fretting. Going on holidays on Saturday and I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Not going to post in the show you mine thread but that conversation led me to this image. It's just one of those images that screams: This is the Internet.

http://i.imgur.com/XBiIO.jpg

That's bit big and I don't want to resize it. It's a cat in a top hat and a monocle riding a fire breathing unicorn. Also just noticed that the unicorn is wearing a nazi armband. How strange.

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    Really want to get a stretching kit online but my mother won't give me back my O2 Moneycard. It's been 3 months since I loaned it to her. Honestly- this is why I never share things. :mad: Anyways, not going to keep fretting. Going on holidays on Saturday and I can't wait!

So IF you get it back, don't give it to her again.

Where are ya going on holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Blood is thicker than water... who the **** came up with that phrase?

January wrote: »

Don't know, but they didn't have a family like mine!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Don't know, but they didn't have a family like mine!!!! :rolleyes:

Or my partners... freaking hell... I've always been close to my family but this **** is just pissing me off.

January wrote: »

The original phrase was 'The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb' so it means the complete opposite of how we use it.

I do wish I remembered actual useful stuff rather than pointless trivia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

P.K.M. wrote: »
    So IF you get it back, don't give it to her again.

Where are ya going on holidays?
    I'm off to Dungarven in Waterford for a long weekend that will hopefully include back rubs, fajitas, beer and wrinkling in the jacuzzi. :)

Jasus your man who got that sleeve done of the pic I posted a few weeks back just posted a picture of a stencil on his back of a snake saying new tattoo starting now at midnight certainly a professional doing it can't wait to see how this one turns out :rolleyes:. Jesus that family was nuts thinking back on it.

The original phrase was 'The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb' so it means the complete opposite of how we use it.

I do wish I remembered actual useful stuff rather than pointless trivia.

Hmm never knew that interesting :).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jasus your man who got that sleeve done of the pic I posted a few weeks back just posted a picture of a stencil on his back of a snake saying new tattoo starting now at midnight certainly a professional doing it can't wait to see how this one turns out :rolleyes:. Jesus that family was nuts thinking back on it.

Hmm never knew that interesting :).
    If he didn't learn his lesson the first time, doesn't seem likely he'll learn it this time either.

Angron wrote: »
    If he didn't learn his lesson the first time, doesn't seem likely he'll learn it this time either.

Looking at every other tattoo he has looks like he never has or never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Looking at every other tattoo he has looks like he never has or never will.

Its fools like that who give rise to all the negative connotations about inked folk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement