Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

January wrote: »
    That's the most painful part in my opinion, when they check for the iron levels.

That's nothing compared to taking those plasters off. They glue those damn things to your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Orim wrote: »
    That's nothing compared to taking those plasters off. They glue those damn things to your arm.

The little circular ones? I've had them leave indents in my skin, no idea how they do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The little circular ones? I've had them leave indents in my skin, no idea how they do it...

Don't use circular ones here but I've had the same. I've had marks on my arm that weren't faded when I went to give blood the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hi all!
    Very groggy so excuse spelling etc!
    Op went well, very positive. I've AWFUL veins, I faint the majority of the time if I get blood taken or injections. I'm getting better but still get weak. I've very weak veins and they are notorious for beinf difficult to find. Took a good while this morning but anaesthetis are the best at it.
    I'm in a lot of pain now, drugged up but still very sore. Feel pants, but got good feedback from my surgeon which is helping the mood. Thanks for all the good wishes...yizzer lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all. Been a busy couple of days, and tomorrow and Sunday is gonna be as bad. I like being busy, but don't get much time to check in here or FB.

Thought I'd get the finger out and get the 7 seater sorted. It's a 1998 Mitsubishi Space Wagon. I got it for €400 3 years ago and all I've had to do to it in that time is change the alternator belt. Anyhoo, the brakes are knackered and there's a knocking from the anti-roll bar, so the bushings are gone. Left it into a mechanic as I don't have time to do it myself. The front pads I got were the wrong ones and the rear shoes weren't needed as the problem is the brake cylinders. :rolleyes: So brought them back to the motor factors, got the right pads, but cylinders not in stock. Have to be ordered and are €110!! :eek: So got the cylinders, dropped them to the mechanic....and one is right, the other is wrong and won't fit. FML!!! :mad: The really annoying part is I have a nixer on Sunday to collect and deliver a motorbike, and I need the Space Wagon as it's taxed and has a tow bar. Won't know what the story is til tomorrow morning.

On a better note, got the booking date for the next tattoo on my sleeve, I'm in Tuesday week (20th August) Can't feckin' wait!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Anyhoo, the brakes are knackered and there's a knocking from the anti-roll bar, so the bushings are gone. Left it into a mechanic as I don't have time to do it myself. The front pads I got were the wrong ones and the rear shoes weren't needed as the problem is the brake cylinders. :rolleyes: So brought them back to the motor factors, got the right pads, but cylinders not in stock. Have to be ordered and are €110!! :eek: So got the cylinders, dropped them to the mechanic....and one is right, the other is wrong and won't fit. FML!!! :mad: The really annoying part is I have a nixer on Sunday to collect and deliver a motorbike, and I need the Space Wagon as it's taxed and has a tow bar. Won't know what the story is til tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ehh...morning everyone I guess it's morning time.

Went to see Pacific Rim tonight loved it, been ding to see it for ages but only got around to it had to go to Parnell Centre to see it only cinema still showing it. But loved it does exactly what it says on the tin giant robots fighting giant lizards whats not to love :).

Then decided to drop into the pub afterwards about 1a.m it was mates birthday by the time I got there everyone was drunk and some in emotional mode don't think I've ever gotten so many hug in one night and been told I love you by so many people ha. But proud didn't touch one drop and lasted the whole night :), think thats the first time I've ever done that :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ehh...morning everyone I guess it's morning time.

Went to see Pacific Rim tonight loved it, been ding to see it for ages but only got around to it had to go to Parnell Centre to see it only cinema still showing it. But loved it does exactly what it says on the tin giant robots fighting giant lizards whats not to love :).

Isn't it deadly! Saw it a few weeks ago, it's so much fun, the special effects are brilliant. And who could complain about looking at Charlie Hunnam for 90 minutes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

All of my hair is now bright red :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So hungover. Was at a 21st last night, really good night. Ended up staying at my friends house for the first time in about two years, was good craic. Think I'm going to change into pyjamas, curl up and watch Breaking Bad for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

That'll be me tomorrow, except Sharknado will be our hungover viewing. My friend whose house my party is at has it recorded specifically for that purpose :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Everyone's going on about Sharknado these days :pac:

I am very sore. Watching supernatural all day seeing as I can't move. Operations are negative Craic!

Watching supernatural and sweet baby Jesus I am terrified!

kellief wrote: »
    Watching supernatural and sweet baby Jesus I am terrified!

Never seen it any good?

Fcuk me looks like Dublin Ink have pulled another gem out there bag they just announced JP Wikman as a resident artist, big fan of his great for Ireland to see an artist of the caliber coming in.

Edit sorry he is only guesting but another impressive guest spot all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Do you reckon they get them because of the whole Dublin Ink name? Like the whole Miami Ink, New York Ink, LA Ink thing...

Do you reckon they get them because of the whole Dublin Ink name? Like the whole Miami Ink, New York Ink, LA Ink thing...

In that case he'll be doing a stint in Tallaght Ink next :p

Nah I wouldn't say so Dublin Ink the name would hold much water outside of Ireland. I reckon they just work there ass off to get them in, plus I'd say once you get one in it's easier to get another one in a lot of these artists know each other from conventions and what not.

So get one in, he tells his friend how much he enjoyed it over here and walla you have another one willing to come over for a few weeks.

It's why the Dublin tattoo convention always fails to attract top artists it has a terrible reputation. Remis himself told me he could get friends over for it the likes of John Anderton etc but he warns everyone he knows to stay away from it because it's in the top 3 worst conventions he's been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I heard an interview with the manager of Dublin Ink on newstalk a while ago, he or whoever sets all that sorta stuff up is a good publicist. Having 75,000 likes on facebook, being in temple bar and having an impressive list of previous guest artists all sell the shop to prospective guest artists as well I guess.

Saturday night in, on me sweeny, no booze....... I'm not very excited about tonight. ..

• Advertisement

Saturday night in, on me sweeny, no booze....... I'm not very excited about tonight. ..

I feel your pain, I'm on my second film today to keep myself occupied. Not used to sitting in on Saturday nights at all. Plus I've spent about 50 quid on ebay today already :pac:.

I feel your pain, I'm on my second film today to keep myself occupied. Not used to sitting in on Saturday nights at all. Plus I've spent about 50 quid on ebay today already :pac:.

You're not allowed to give out if you've been shopping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Sooooo tired from working this week that I don't have the energy for nothing today expect watch movies xD

You're not allowed to give out if you've been shopping!!!

I can shut up :p.

I'm having a nice relaxing Malibu and Coke while I watch Man V Food Nation and feck about on the laptop buying buttons and floral wire.

Never seen it any good?

Fcuk me looks like Dublin Ink have pulled another gem out there bag they just announced JP Wikman as a resident artist, big fan of his great for Ireland to see an artist of the caliber coming in.

Edit sorry he is only guesting but another impressive guest spot all the same.

Supernatural is brilliant! I'm only on Season1 but I'm loving it so far. It's funny while also terrifying, which is a good mix.

I'm waiting for my friends, and going drinking. Was out climbing bray head earlier, got robbed on the way home, woo!

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm waiting for my friends, and going drinking. Was out climbing bray head earlier, got robbed on the way home, woo!

Robbed??? What happened?

kellief wrote: »
    Robbed??? What happened?

Pick pocketed. They got twenty euro and an expired bank card, lol. I keep most of my money in my bag, not my purse. Gobsh!tes!

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Pick pocketed. They got twenty euro and an expired bank card, lol. I keep most of my money in my bag, not my purse. Gobsh!tes!

Eejits... hope you're ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement